Code of Conduct

Default Just tried Musc Ravageur

Not sure why but on iintitial spray this fragrance reminds me of some oud scent of I tried. There are no oud notes in this I don't think, but I guess it could be the combination of vanille and clove? Interesting scent, I look forward to getting a feel for this one.

Default Re: Just tried Musc Ravageur

It's a great scent. Enjoy it! (140)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Possibly the citrus and lavender plus clove ? I dunno but it's an interesting smell - sometimes reminds me of Carmex lip balm.

Now its reminding me of a mild Tobacco Vanille, having a hard time getting a grasp on this juice.

Another one that smells similar to Musc Ravageur is Meharees by L' Erbolario (smells like Ravageur's drydown).

I love that fragrance (MR). Is it typical of musk fragrances? I haven't explored musks at all, being steered away by all the talk of BO and worse. Exageration?

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    I love that fragrance (MR). Is it typical of musk fragrances? I haven't explored musks at all, being steered away by all the talk of BO and worse. Exageration?
    Another good reason to smell everything for yourself and decide. I get absolutely no BO in Musc Ravageur. It's soft, cozy, warm vanilla-spicy. The musk in it is a soft and clean one that adds richness and skin-like warmth, but no skank. Other musks do have skankiness, but then so do some non-musk-featuring perfumes.

After trying this one a few times I have decided this one is not for me. It doesn't really work well on my skin at all and is very passive and feint. Much in the same way Chergui works on my skin, not that they smell the same but gives me the same impression..forgettable and not that interesting.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I love the stuff and your experience is almost 180░ from mine. I find it bold (teetering on loud) and very memorable. I'm disappointed that I am traveling and can't wear it tomorrow. Friday it is!

I think its because the majority of oud perfumes don't really smell like oud. Actually they mostly smell nothing like it.

Therefore you may very well be right in saying it smells like oud, based on the oud you've become accustomed to.

But in reality, it has no relation to oud. They're not even in the same genre perfume-wise.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I think its because the majority of oud perfumes don't really smell like oud. Actually they mostly smell nothing like it.
    Straying a bit off topic, but hedonist, I'd be interested to know if there are any oud perfumes that do smell like oud out there on the mainstream or niche market. Anything I could smell at Selfridges, Harrods, or Les Senteurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Straying a bit off topic, but hedonist, I'd be interested to know if there are any oud perfumes that do smell like oud out there on the mainstream or niche market. Anything I could smell at Selfridges, Harrods, or Les Senteurs?
    Frankly there are only a handful of perfumes that render what natural oud oil smells like.

A few that come to mind:

Pure Oud - by Kilian
    Oud Extreme - by Kilian
    La Fumee ' Arabie - Miller Harris

for swap/sale: