Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Diorto try next?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gris Montaigne

4 57.14%
  • Bois d'Argent

3 42.86%

Default Dior Gris Montaigne and Bois d'Argent

I enjoy the Granville, Oud Ispahan and Leather Oud and am interested in sampling the Gris Montaigne and Bois d'Argent.

Which of these should I try first? I understand both have leather and iris.

I like the Armani Cuir Noir, Armani Cuir Amethyste, Cuir de Lancome, Chergui, Cuir Mauresque, Back to Black, Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, Prada Amber Pour Homme EDP, Ambre Russe and Cuir Ottoman, so that is some indication of my tastes. (I love leather notes.)

Thank you.
    Last edited by Primrose; 5th November 2013 at 05:23 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Dior Gris Montaigne and Bois d'Argent

Prim, we may have spoke briefly in PM about dior privees possibly, I can't recall . I love leather oud and oud ispahan very much among others. I really hope to try GM eventually, I really feel I would enjoy it. On the other hand, BdA while nice, was rather linear and simplistic to me. Not bad by any means, and quite nice, but did not excite me, nor did I look forward to wearing it again. Ever had "root beer barrels" candy ?
    I hope you sample both, and look forward to your impressions. Cheers!
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Thank you, Willy. I want to try both and see which might better suit me. I tend to go for longevity and sillage.

Another "root beer" scent is Creed Royal Delight, which I enjoy. It's a very light gourmand floral leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Both are lovely. I am wearing BdA today and find it very pleasant. I must admit though when I first bought it I wasn't massively impressed. However, though linear, it is pretty unique. I personally find it soothing and a cure for some of my headaches. It is very easy to wear and has good longevity on my skin.

I was initially intrigued by Bois D'Argent but it bored me in no time. There's something in it I haven't currently put my finger on that turns me completely off in the long term. Gris Montaigne is more about rose and patch in my experience. When it comes to this combo, I generally prefer more decadent stuff a-la Parfum De George Sand by Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

They're both very nice. My choice for you would be Gris Montaigne.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

✔️Vote here for Bois D'argent
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Thank you all for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I was initially intrigued by Bois D'Argent but it bored me in no time. There's something in it I haven't currently put my finger on that turns me completely off in the long term. Gris Montaigne is more about rose and patch in my experience. When it comes to this combo, I generally prefer more decadent stuff a-la Parfum De George Sand by Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier.
    I have the MPG George Sand, and it reminds me of Youth Dew.