Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fat Electrician Vs Villoresi Vetiver

I just pulled the trigger and bought both blind, I absolutely adore vetiver the wilder the better.
    How do you compare both? Which one do you think is better and more original?

I am also after Etro Vetiver and MPG vetiver.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fat Electrician Vs Villoresi Vetiver

I don't find them to be very similar. The Villoresi is totally hardcore stuff and more of a soliflore while the Eldo is sweeter and, in the end, more complex. Both great IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Villoresi is oh so fleeting - off my skin in an hour, vanished, gone...

And yeah Villoresi is hardcore but the question is WHY? just to make a loud GROWL and then escape with the tail between the legs?

if you like Vetiver please try Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, Chanel Sycomore and L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangalor View Post
    Villoresi is oh so fleeting - off my skin in an hour, vanished, gone...

And yeah Villoresi is hardcore but the question is WHY? just to make a loud GROWL and then escape with the tail between the legs?

if you like Vetiver please try Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, Chanel Sycomore and L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu.
    Villoresi Vetiver fleeting? Seriously? It's one of the most potent and long-lasting fragrances I own! They also don't make it anymore, so you'll be glad you picked up one of the few remaining bottles! Enjoy!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Villoresi, which is good and very dark and earthy. It's also very linear and sort of monological, though, and it is not one of my favorite vetivers (Sycomore, Route du Vétiver, Sel de Vétiver, and Vétiver Tonka are all far better, I think). The ELDO, on the other hand, didn't appeal to me at all.

Fat Electrician is actually one of my favorite vetiver fragrances. I was once asked by a rather large woman once what I was wearing. I lied - I said I was wearing Gucci Pour Homme II. Who would believe there was actually something called Fat Electrician?

Fat Electrician is much better IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

MPeG's RdV is my favorite, followed by Vetiver Extraordinaire - yet to try both your mentioned vetivers though...Encre Noire / Sycomore are grt as well.

While u are at it, you might as well try out Centaure by MPeg - while RdV is dirty / very earthy, centaure is a much more polished take.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Villoresi Vetiver fleeting? Seriously? It's one of the most potent and long-lasting fragrances I own! They also don't make it anymore, so you'll be glad you picked up one of the few remaining bottles! Enjoy!
    Yes, I agree with Tony..........LV Vetiver is one that will survive multiple showers and not only does it offer longevity, it will project for miles. My skin usually eats fragrances and I usually require a heavy dosage to get effect but LV's Vetiver is amazing in this regard.

Fat Electrician is great too but in different ways as mentioned. Worth owning both IMO.

Fat Electrician for me

Btw -- the MPG RdV is gonna knock you over if you like it rough

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Fat Electrician once and really enjoyed it. And I'm NOT a vetiver fan, really.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see them as similar but love both. Am wearing Villoresi today. I have a 50ml bottle that I guard jealously now it's out of production. But I really don't see why people see it as hardcore. A bit different maybe but I'm lost as to how it could offend. I find it very soft (though it does project) with a hint of women's lipstick.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for your opinion.
    I have MpG Centaure but I dont really get any vetiver in there, I also have Encre Noire but it gives me a headache (must be the ISO E Super), I also have Vetiver Haiti which I dont fancy, it smells like mustard.
    Vetiver Guerlain is still my vetiver of reference.
    I like very much Itasca by Lubin, the tar and smoky notes are great.
    :-)
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, maybe in your climate it lasts) I agree everyone has a different skin chemistry so maybe I'm not a lucky guy in case of LV Vetiver.
    Somehow his other scents last the whole day and more - the winner is def. LV Musk, then Incensi (which I seriously like), then Patchouli, then Vetiver. Eager to try Sandalo)))

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Yes, I agree with Tony..........LV Vetiver is one that will survive multiple showers and not only does it offer longevity, it will project for miles. My skin usually eats fragrances and I usually require a heavy dosage to get effect but LV's Vetiver is amazing in this regard.

Fat Electrician is great too but in different ways as mentioned. Worth owning both IMO.