Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 720 of 2506

Thread: Off-Topic

  1. #661

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    His dance moves were only surpassed by his enunciation of the lyrics IMO..

  2. #662
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,364

    Default Re: Good Buds!

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Hahahaha! I opened the thread, and this is the first thing I saw. Definitely caught me off guard a little...

  3. #663
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    His dance moves were only surpassed by his enunciation of the lyrics IMO..
    Wouldn't argue with that. His voice was definitely distinctive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #664
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,364

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Wouldn't argue with that. His voice was definitely distinctive.
    And whenever I hear it, I just can't help but think of the Wonder Years TV show from back in the day.

  5. #665
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Good Buds!

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Where do you find these!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #666
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,695
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Cutest. Doggie. Pics. Ever. Where *did* you find them, kbe?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  7. #667
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Teardrop, hednic, my daughter sent the pic in an email. A Google image search indicates it may have originated on someone's Facebook page but who knows....

    It is a great series of pics of some pretty happy doggies!
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

  8. #668
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Teardrop, hednic, my daughter sent the pic in an email. A Google image search indicates it may have originated on someone's Facebook page but who knows....

    It is a great series of pics of some pretty happy doggies!
    Your daughter has a good eye for what's cute.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #669

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Sunday morning song.

    You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.
    –Pema Chödrön

  10. #670
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Salsa Anyone?




    Well...I just quit my salsa lessons


    If your screen shows a truncated video use this direct YouTube link:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJXyMuTu4qE
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

  11. #671
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Future salsa champions no doubt!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  12. #672

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    Sunday morning song.

    "This video not available in your country."

  13. #673

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    "This video not available in your country."
    Usually I get this message here in Germany because of GEMA issues. It's a nice song by Prince „Controversy” (1981).
    You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.
    –Pema Chödrön

  14. #674

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    Usually I get this message here in Germany because of GEMA issues. It's a nice song by Prince „Controversy” (1981).
    I tried to find it elsewhere but failed. I did find a few comments about Prince that indicated he didn't like it when his music was posted on the internet.

  15. #675
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Was also unsuccessful trying to access that particular link either directly or remotely.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  16. #676

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    I used Spotify to hear it. Funktastic!

  17. #677
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  18. #678

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Going on vacation next week to San Francisco...anyone have an awesome restaurant suggestion under $75/plate?
    Please note: Neither of us is into seafood - go figure.
    MadHat Scents

    MadHat Peel - (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods) Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available *15 of 25 Remaining Currently

    Skiff (Floral Mukhallat, Tropical Fruit, Ambergris Tincture, Pacific Red Cedar) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

  19. #679
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post

    Nothin but a hound dog. Awoooo!

  20. #680
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-27373449

    A sweet story of rescue and "There's no place like home".

  21. #681

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Going on vacation next week to San Francisco...anyone have an awesome restaurant suggestion under $75/plate?
    Please note: Neither of us is into seafood - go figure.
    Perbacco is FANTASTIC. Just went a few weeks ago. The appetizer sampler of different house meats was unreal.

    http://www.perbaccosf.com/

    State Bird Provision is also supposed to be really good/popular, but I haven't been yet.

    http://statebirdsf.com/provisions/

    If you are into dim-sum, then you have to go to Great Eastern. There's even pictures outside of Obama eating there lol.

    http://www.greateasternsf.com/

    Lastly, for Sunday brunch, I would definitely recommend Farmer Brown. Upscale soul food (buffet available, as well as bottomless mimosas) with live music.

    http://www.farmerbrownsf.com/

    Feel free to PM me for more specific suggestions!
    Last edited by mjones602; 13th May 2014 at 11:07 PM.

  22. #682

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I tried to find it elsewhere but failed. I did find a few comments about Prince that indicated he didn't like it when his music was posted on the internet.
    I find his rigid attitude regarding this matter comprehensible. Just like perfumers (like Tauer) are saying splits are destroying the artwork.
    On the other hand I think an artist has to let go of his or her creation. Quite a dilemma.
    Last edited by Graphite; 13th May 2014 at 11:36 PM.
    You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.
    –Pema Chödrön

  23. #683

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm really excited for the trip! Looking forward to exploring San Francisco.

    I think the girl wants to go to Farmer Brown which sounds good to me. I was suggested Slanted Door for dinner with a view.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Perbacco is FANTASTIC. Just went a few weeks ago. The appetizer sampler of different house meats was unreal.

    http://www.perbaccosf.com/

    State Bird Provision is also supposed to be really good/popular, but I haven't been yet.

    http://statebirdsf.com/provisions/

    If you are into dim-sum, then you have to go to Great Eastern. There's even pictures outside of Obama eating there lol.

    http://www.greateasternsf.com/

    Lastly, for Sunday brunch, I would definitely recommend Farmer Brown. Upscale soul food (buffet available, as well as bottomless mimosas) with live music.

    http://www.farmerbrownsf.com/

    Feel free to PM me for more specific suggestions!
    Last edited by rynegne; 14th May 2014 at 01:55 AM.
    MadHat Scents

    MadHat Peel - (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods) Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available *15 of 25 Remaining Currently

    Skiff (Floral Mukhallat, Tropical Fruit, Ambergris Tincture, Pacific Red Cedar) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

  24. #684
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    That is a very cool story.

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-27373449

    A sweet story of rescue and "There's no place like home".
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  25. #685

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm really excited for the trip! Looking forward to exploring San Francisco.

    I think the girl wants to go to Farmer Brown which sounds good to me. I was suggested Slanted Door for dinner with a view.
    Never been to Slanted Door, but it looks awesome. I don't think you can go wrong - SF is one of the best cities you can go to for food. And I'm sure you will enjoy Farmer Brown... other than great food it's got a really fun vibe. The band that does the live music is incredible - the best way I can describe it is they do smooth, contemporary, loungey interpretations of popular hip hop/r&b/top40 songs.

    Also, if you are planning on doing any sniffing, here's a great guide I found somewhere (probably here):

    http://anotherperfumeblog.com/2011/0...san-francisco/

    Just about everything you could want to sniff is within short walking distance of Union Square. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

  26. #686

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Perfect, thanks a lot! We're staying right in Union Square so we're close to everything. Farmer Brown looks awesome, nothing like anything we've got here in Chicago...those are definitely the places I want to go while visiting. Excited to see what the Bay Area food scene has to offer. I probably won't get to much sniffing as we have many similar options here in Chicago (the gf does want to buy a Diptyque thought so we may stop by) but the map looks great. Many thanks, the girlfriend is already talking about the cheesy grits at Farmer Brown lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Never been to Slanted Door, but it looks awesome. I don't think you can go wrong - SF is one of the best cities you can go to for food. And I'm sure you will enjoy Farmer Brown... other than great food it's got a really fun vibe. The band that does the live music is incredible - the best way I can describe it is they do smooth, contemporary, loungey interpretations of popular hip hop/r&b/top40 songs.

    Also, if you are planning on doing any sniffing, here's a great guide I found somewhere (probably here):

    http://anotherperfumeblog.com/2011/0...san-francisco/

    Just about everything you could want to sniff is within short walking distance of Union Square. Have fun and enjoy your trip!
    MadHat Scents

    MadHat Peel - (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods) Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available *15 of 25 Remaining Currently

    Skiff (Floral Mukhallat, Tropical Fruit, Ambergris Tincture, Pacific Red Cedar) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

  27. #687
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    960

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    SF restaurant, not pricy, not fancy: North Beach Pizza.

  28. #688

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Perfect, thanks a lot! We're staying right in Union Square so we're close to everything. Farmer Brown looks awesome, nothing like anything we've got here in Chicago...those are definitely the places I want to go while visiting. Excited to see what the Bay Area food scene has to offer. I probably won't get to much sniffing as we have many similar options here in Chicago (the gf does want to buy a Diptyque thought so we may stop by) but the map looks great. Many thanks, the girlfriend is already talking about the cheesy grits at Farmer Brown lol.
    No prob! One more thing - make sure you get a reservation for Farmer Brown because they get really busy during brunch hours.

  29. #689
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-27373449

    A sweet story of rescue and "There's no place like home".
    That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  30. #690
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...180504850.html

    I want one. In my opinion elephants are one of the coolest animals on the planet.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  31. #691
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  32. #692
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...180504850.html

    I want one. In my opinion elephants are one of the coolest animals on the planet.
    Agree! Elephants are so amazing. Too bad they take up so much space. They just need to be left alone.

  33. #693
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    This is a hoot! Killer cat! Back off, Buster!

  34. #694

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Wow, that is some cool cat. Never seen catty behaviour like it.

  35. #695
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    Glad you liked. I once lost my cat. He'd apparently climbed into a truck. When I found him, he was 1/2 mile away, across a busy street. I put an ad in the paper and a lady called. She said he'd been hanging around trying to get fed. All she had was dog food. She felt bad she couldn't invite him in because of her dog. He was there for a few days. When I went there he came running over to me.

  36. #696
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Glad you liked. I once lost my cat. He'd apparently climbed into a truck. When I found him, he was 1/2 mile away, across a busy street. I put an ad in the paper and a lady called. She said he'd been hanging around trying to get fed. All she had was dog food. She felt bad she couldn't invite him in because of her dog. He was there for a few days. When I went there he came running over to me.
    At least that had a happy ending.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  37. #697

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Well, say goodbye to the internet as we know it. It's been fun while it lasted!

    http://time.com/74703/net-neutrality...ers-advocates/
    The votes are in...

    http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/15/am...ality-proposal

  38. #698
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This sucks. As I always think about these kinds of deals- someone is going to make a boat-load of money and it ain't going to be me. Not to get too political but I notice the side that is always saying they are against "big government" and "regulations" appears to be promoting exactly that.

  39. #699

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Hoping all in the San Diego/Carlsbad area are safe from the fires in that area. It must be miserable to have to deal with the smoke and ashes in this awful heat, although apparently much of it is blowing out to the ocean.

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...259259701.html

  40. #700
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Hoping all in the San Diego/Carlsbad area are safe from the fires in that area. It must be miserable to have to deal with the smoke and ashes in this awful heat, although apparently much of it is blowing out to the ocean.

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...259259701.html

    Yes, I wish them all the best. We had 2&1/2 inches of rain the other day. Weather is nutty!

    Garden report in Nebraska- lilacs on a stick-



    Last edited by kumquat; 15th May 2014 at 07:41 PM.

  41. #701
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Just Use Your Head If You Want To Greatly Extend The Range Of Your Car/Truck Remote Open/Lock Device



    Direct YouTube link if your video is truncated:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uqf71muwWc


    Well...I admit to being a skeptic. I tried it on my Prius just now using my water-logged head (my device is without a key protruding), and, of course, it worked. I extended my range to about 300% of normal fade-out distance.
    I suppose a bottle of water would make it work too. Go figure..
    Last edited by kbe; 15th May 2014 at 07:54 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

  42. #702
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic



    This is my tabby. He is a "guard cat" and "the inspector". Growls at strange noises and sniffs everything! Don't you love how pansies cheer up the place? You can't make a color mistake. Anything goes.

  43. #703
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    The message his face seems to convey is "Look and enjoy the beauty but don't touch!"
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  44. #704

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    I enjoyed reading this, thought may also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

  45. #705
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I enjoyed reading this, thought may also.
    Oh, baby! I can relate!

  46. #706
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

    That was intense!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  47. #707
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Yes, they don't appear to have accomplished much, in the end, either.

  48. #708
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

    Free at last.....extra treats for my pups tonight...
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  49. #709
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Aw, cool

    Mine are all 'throw outs'...

    IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    Last edited by lpp; 16th May 2014 at 08:46 PM.

  50. #710
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Aw, cool

    Mine are all 'throw outs'...

    IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    They're adorable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  51. #711
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Beautiful pups....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Aw, cool

    Mine are all 'throw outs'...

    IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  52. #712
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Thanks both

    They adore playing in muddy ditches...

  53. #713

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bangalore, Hyderabad
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Aw, cool

    Mine are all 'throw outs'...

    IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    Oooohhhh super cute! Looking so adorable :-)

    What breed are they?

    Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

  54. #714
    sfmedusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in a recliner
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    It's amazing how much mud a long haired dog can absorb whilst still looking relatively clean isn't it?

    This is my big beastly, who came to us with 2 broken legs at about a year old, so thin that she fitted through a cat flap, which is so wrong for a GSD:

    Molly in autumn.jpg

    We've also got 4 cats (also all thrown out by someone else or born feral), all of which will at some point or another sleep in bed cuddled up to the big scary dawg

    I have now got so good at 'finding the small things to be happy about' that I am inordinately pleased that my laundry should dry on the washing line today, and I'm managing to ignore completely the fact that someone else will have to hang it out for me because I slipped on my knackered knee yesterday and am back to not being able to walk.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

  55. #715
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,377

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Oh, sorry about your injury, sfmedusa
    Hope it heals soon.

    Do you have endless 'oh how clean' comments too?

    Your Molly is a very lucky one - she looks happy & healthy now
    Mine don't see cats as pets, unfortunately.

  56. #716
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,695
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Sorry about your knee sfmedusa, hope it heals fast!

    Mr teardrop loves hanging out the washing, he goes into raptures over the scent of freshly line-dried laundry. Sadly for him l'm not much into perfumes that smell of it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  57. #717
    Basenotes Junkie Mrnybluesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KY..Transplanted NY'er
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    I love Shepherds. They are smart as a whip, loyal and beautiful. There is a special place for those who take in throw aways and abused animals and give them love. Since I moved to the country I also have found the joy of fresh laundry dried on the line...funny thing though...when it comes to hanging it up there always seem to be an important game on or I have something to do....at least that is what mrsnybluesman says. Hope your knee feels better.


    Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    It's amazing how much mud a long haired dog can absorb whilst still looking relatively clean isn't it?

    This is my big beastly, who came to us with 2 broken legs at about a year old, so thin that she fitted through a cat flap, which is so wrong for a GSD:

    Molly in autumn.jpg

    We've also got 4 cats (also all thrown out by someone else or born feral), all of which will at some point or another sleep in bed cuddled up to the big scary dawg

    I have now got so good at 'finding the small things to be happy about' that I am inordinately pleased that my laundry should dry on the washing line today, and I'm managing to ignore completely the fact that someone else will have to hang it out for me because I slipped on my knackered knee yesterday and am back to not being able to walk.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    "I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

  58. #718
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    100,290

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Sorry to hear about your knee sfmedusa. Hope things get back on track soon.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  59. #719
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Aw, cool

    Mine are all 'throw outs'...

    IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    Oh, looks like trouble! And lots of fun!

    so sorry about your bad knee SFMedusa, I hope things improve soon. Try to keep still.

  60. #720
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,427
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: Off-Topic



    Here are "Golden Lights" azaleas. And "Bleeding Hearts". The azaleas are special hybrids from Minnesota.

Similar Threads

  1. Off Topic
    By Beach Girl in forum Tech Questions, Bug, Feature Requests, Basenotes-related talk...
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 5th November 2013, 02:58 PM
  2. Men's Wardrobes (off-topic?)
    By lannansidhe in forum Fashion and Style
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st May 2008, 01:18 PM
  3. Where did the off topic go?
    By Indiscreet in forum Community Centre Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th April 2007, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000