Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic

Default Re: Good Buds!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Hahahaha! I opened the thread, and this is the first thing I saw. Definitely caught me off guard a little...

Default Re: Off-Topic

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    His dance moves were only surpassed by his enunciation of the lyrics IMO..
    Wouldn't argue with that. His voice was definitely distinctive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Wouldn't argue with that. His voice was definitely distinctive.
    And whenever I hear it, I just can't help but think of the Wonder Years TV show from back in the day.

Default Re: Good Buds!

Where do you find these!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Cutest. Doggie. Pics. Ever. Where *did* you find them, kbe?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Teardrop, hednic, my daughter sent the pic in an email. A Google image search indicates it may have originated on someone's Facebook page but who knows....

It is a great series of pics of some pretty happy doggies!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Teardrop, hednic, my daughter sent the pic in an email. A Google image search indicates it may have originated on someone's Facebook page but who knows....

It is a great series of pics of some pretty happy doggies!
    Your daughter has a good eye for what's cute.

Sunday morning song.

You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Salsa Anyone?

Well...I just quit my salsa lessons

If your screen shows a truncated video use this direct YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJXyMuTu4qE

Future salsa champions no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    Sunday morning song.

"This video not available in your country."

"This video not available in your country."
    Usually I get this message here in Germany because of GEMA issues. It's a nice song by Prince „Controversy” (1981).
    You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    Usually I get this message here in Germany because of GEMA issues. It's a nice song by Prince „Controversy” (1981).
    I tried to find it elsewhere but failed. I did find a few comments about Prince that indicated he didn't like it when his music was posted on the internet.

Was also unsuccessful trying to access that particular link either directly or remotely.

I used Spotify to hear it. Funktastic!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Going on vacation next week to San Francisco...anyone have an awesome restaurant suggestion under $75/plate?
    Please note: Neither of us is into seafood - go figure.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post

Nothin but a hound dog. Awoooo!

Blog Entries

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-27373449

A sweet story of rescue and "There's no place like home".

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Going on vacation next week to San Francisco...anyone have an awesome restaurant suggestion under $75/plate?
    Please note: Neither of us is into seafood - go figure.
    Perbacco is FANTASTIC. Just went a few weeks ago. The appetizer sampler of different house meats was unreal.

http://www.perbaccosf.com/

State Bird Provision is also supposed to be really good/popular, but I haven't been yet.

http://statebirdsf.com/provisions/

If you are into dim-sum, then you have to go to Great Eastern. There's even pictures outside of Obama eating there lol.

http://www.greateasternsf.com/

Lastly, for Sunday brunch, I would definitely recommend Farmer Brown. Upscale soul food (buffet available, as well as bottomless mimosas) with live music.

http://www.farmerbrownsf.com/

Feel free to PM me for more specific suggestions!
    Last edited by mjones602; 13th May 2014 at 11:07 PM.

I tried to find it elsewhere but failed. I did find a few comments about Prince that indicated he didn't like it when his music was posted on the internet.
    I find his rigid attitude regarding this matter comprehensible. Just like perfumers (like Tauer) are saying splits are destroying the artwork.
    On the other hand I think an artist has to let go of his or her creation. Quite a dilemma.
    Last edited by Graphite; 13th May 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Noam Chomsky

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm really excited for the trip! Looking forward to exploring San Francisco.

I think the girl wants to go to Farmer Brown which sounds good to me. I was suggested Slanted Door for dinner with a view.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Perbacco is FANTASTIC. Just went a few weeks ago. The appetizer sampler of different house meats was unreal.

http://www.perbaccosf.com/

State Bird Provision is also supposed to be really good/popular, but I haven't been yet.

http://statebirdsf.com/provisions/

If you are into dim-sum, then you have to go to Great Eastern. There's even pictures outside of Obama eating there lol.

http://www.greateasternsf.com/

Lastly, for Sunday brunch, I would definitely recommend Farmer Brown. Upscale soul food (buffet available, as well as bottomless mimosas) with live music.

http://www.farmerbrownsf.com/

Feel free to PM me for more specific suggestions!
    Last edited by rynegne; 14th May 2014 at 01:55 AM.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

That is a very cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm really excited for the trip! Looking forward to exploring San Francisco.

I think the girl wants to go to Farmer Brown which sounds good to me. I was suggested Slanted Door for dinner with a view.
    Never been to Slanted Door, but it looks awesome. I don't think you can go wrong - SF is one of the best cities you can go to for food. And I'm sure you will enjoy Farmer Brown... other than great food it's got a really fun vibe. The band that does the live music is incredible - the best way I can describe it is they do smooth, contemporary, loungey interpretations of popular hip hop/r&b/top40 songs.

Also, if you are planning on doing any sniffing, here's a great guide I found somewhere (probably here):

http://anotherperfumeblog.com/2011/0...san-francisco/

Just about everything you could want to sniff is within short walking distance of Union Square. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Perfect, thanks a lot! We're staying right in Union Square so we're close to everything. Farmer Brown looks awesome, nothing like anything we've got here in Chicago...those are definitely the places I want to go while visiting. Excited to see what the Bay Area food scene has to offer. I probably won't get to much sniffing as we have many similar options here in Chicago (the gf does want to buy a Diptyque thought so we may stop by) but the map looks great. Many thanks, the girlfriend is already talking about the cheesy grits at Farmer Brown lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Never been to Slanted Door, but it looks awesome. I don't think you can go wrong - SF is one of the best cities you can go to for food. And I'm sure you will enjoy Farmer Brown... other than great food it's got a really fun vibe. The band that does the live music is incredible - the best way I can describe it is they do smooth, contemporary, loungey interpretations of popular hip hop/r&b/top40 songs.

Also, if you are planning on doing any sniffing, here's a great guide I found somewhere (probably here):

http://anotherperfumeblog.com/2011/0...san-francisco/

Just about everything you could want to sniff is within short walking distance of Union Square. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

SF restaurant, not pricy, not fancy: North Beach Pizza.

Perfect, thanks a lot! We're staying right in Union Square so we're close to everything. Farmer Brown looks awesome, nothing like anything we've got here in Chicago...those are definitely the places I want to go while visiting. Excited to see what the Bay Area food scene has to offer. I probably won't get to much sniffing as we have many similar options here in Chicago (the gf does want to buy a Diptyque thought so we may stop by) but the map looks great. Many thanks, the girlfriend is already talking about the cheesy grits at Farmer Brown lol.
    No prob! One more thing - make sure you get a reservation for Farmer Brown because they get really busy during brunch hours.

That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...180504850.html

I want one. In my opinion elephants are one of the coolest animals on the planet.

Blog Entries

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...180504850.html

I want one. In my opinion elephants are one of the coolest animals on the planet.
    Agree! Elephants are so amazing. Too bad they take up so much space. They just need to be left alone.

Blog Entries

This is a hoot! Killer cat! Back off, Buster!

Wow, that is some cool cat. Never seen catty behaviour like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked. I once lost my cat. He'd apparently climbed into a truck. When I found him, he was 1/2 mile away, across a busy street. I put an ad in the paper and a lady called. She said he'd been hanging around trying to get fed. All she had was dog food. She felt bad she couldn't invite him in because of her dog. He was there for a few days. When I went there he came running over to me.

Glad you liked. I once lost my cat. He'd apparently climbed into a truck. When I found him, he was 1/2 mile away, across a busy street. I put an ad in the paper and a lady called. She said he'd been hanging around trying to get fed. All she had was dog food. She felt bad she couldn't invite him in because of her dog. He was there for a few days. When I went there he came running over to me.
    At least that had a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Well, say goodbye to the internet as we know it. It's been fun while it lasted!

http://time.com/74703/net-neutrality...ers-advocates/
    The votes are in...

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/15/am...ality-proposal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This sucks. As I always think about these kinds of deals- someone is going to make a boat-load of money and it ain't going to be me. Not to get too political but I notice the side that is always saying they are against "big government" and "regulations" appears to be promoting exactly that.

Hoping all in the San Diego/Carlsbad area are safe from the fires in that area. It must be miserable to have to deal with the smoke and ashes in this awful heat, although apparently much of it is blowing out to the ocean.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...259259701.html

Blog Entries

Hoping all in the San Diego/Carlsbad area are safe from the fires in that area. It must be miserable to have to deal with the smoke and ashes in this awful heat, although apparently much of it is blowing out to the ocean.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...259259701.html

Yes, I wish them all the best. We had 2&1/2 inches of rain the other day. Weather is nutty!

Garden report in Nebraska- lilacs on a stick-

Last edited by kumquat; 15th May 2014 at 07:41 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Just Use Your Head If You Want To Greatly Extend The Range Of Your Car/Truck Remote Open/Lock Device

Direct YouTube link if your video is truncated:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uqf71muwWc

Well...I admit to being a skeptic. I tried it on my Prius just now using my water-logged head (my device is without a key protruding), and, of course, it worked. I extended my range to about 300% of normal fade-out distance.
    I suppose a bottle of water would make it work too. Go figure..
    Last edited by kbe; 15th May 2014 at 07:54 PM.

Blog Entries

This is my tabby. He is a "guard cat" and "the inspector". Growls at strange noises and sniffs everything! Don't you love how pansies cheer up the place? You can't make a color mistake. Anything goes.

The message his face seems to convey is "Look and enjoy the beauty but don't touch!"

I enjoyed reading this, thought may also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I enjoyed reading this, thought may also.
    Oh, baby! I can relate!

That was intense!

Blog Entries

Yes, they don't appear to have accomplished much, in the end, either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

Free at last.....extra treats for my pups tonight...

Aw, cool

Mine are all 'throw outs'...

IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
    Last edited by lpp; 16th May 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Aw, cool

They're adorable.

Beautiful pups....

Aw, cool

Thanks both

They adore playing in muddy ditches...

Aw, cool

Oooohhhh super cute! Looking so adorable :-)

What breed are they?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

It's amazing how much mud a long haired dog can absorb whilst still looking relatively clean isn't it?

This is my big beastly, who came to us with 2 broken legs at about a year old, so thin that she fitted through a cat flap, which is so wrong for a GSD:

Molly in autumn.jpg

We've also got 4 cats (also all thrown out by someone else or born feral), all of which will at some point or another sleep in bed cuddled up to the big scary dawg

I have now got so good at 'finding the small things to be happy about' that I am inordinately pleased that my laundry should dry on the washing line today, and I'm managing to ignore completely the fact that someone else will have to hang it out for me because I slipped on my knackered knee yesterday and am back to not being able to walk.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Oh, sorry about your injury, sfmedusa
    Hope it heals soon.

Do you have endless 'oh how clean' comments too?

Your Molly is a very lucky one - she looks happy & healthy now
    Mine don't see cats as pets, unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Sorry about your knee sfmedusa, hope it heals fast!

Mr teardrop loves hanging out the washing, he goes into raptures over the scent of freshly line-dried laundry. Sadly for him l'm not much into perfumes that smell of it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I love Shepherds. They are smart as a whip, loyal and beautiful. There is a special place for those who take in throw aways and abused animals and give them love. Since I moved to the country I also have found the joy of fresh laundry dried on the line...funny thing though...when it comes to hanging it up there always seem to be an important game on or I have something to do....at least that is what mrsnybluesman says. Hope your knee feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    It's amazing how much mud a long haired dog can absorb whilst still looking relatively clean isn't it?

This is my big beastly, who came to us with 2 broken legs at about a year old, so thin that she fitted through a cat flap, which is so wrong for a GSD:

Molly in autumn.jpg

We've also got 4 cats (also all thrown out by someone else or born feral), all of which will at some point or another sleep in bed cuddled up to the big scary dawg

I have now got so good at 'finding the small things to be happy about' that I am inordinately pleased that my laundry should dry on the washing line today, and I'm managing to ignore completely the fact that someone else will have to hang it out for me because I slipped on my knackered knee yesterday and am back to not being able to walk.

Sorry to hear about your knee sfmedusa. Hope things get back on track soon.

Blog Entries

Aw, cool

Oh, looks like trouble! And lots of fun!

so sorry about your bad knee SFMedusa, I hope things improve soon. Try to keep still.

Blog Entries

Here are "Golden Lights" azaleas. And "Bleeding Hearts". The azaleas are special hybrids from Minnesota.

Blog Entries

l do love dicentras, kumquat; l planted some at my previous house, & the one before that. l really must get some in here.