Thread: Off-Topic

Default Re: Off-Topic

LOL! Good stuff, kbe! Here is a similar kind of prank:

And this is too cute!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Another "open carry" and "monkey see, monkey do".
    Apparently it is real footage. This 'original' site below claims the father died 'instantly' as the bullet struck his heart. Angle of the gun at moment of discharge seems to indicate that as a distinct possibility:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=053_1229002851
    Last edited by kbe; 10th August 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is It Real Or Is It...(shudder) Memorex?

LOL indeed JiveHippo. I remember seeing the 'Mirror Prank' on TV. Hilarious!

Blog Entries

Yikes! What a nasty trick. You could give a person heart failure.

Default WARNING. If traveling to South Africa..

I am an American traveling to Africa on a missions trip to an orphanage we have in Malawi, Africa. I had a 2 hr layover in Johannesburg, South Africa. In that short amount of time the luggage handlers managed to break into my locks as well as the locks of my team and steal all of our colognes and perfumes. That is what they are targeting. I had a large bottle of GIT and Aventus that was stolen. So if you are traveling and happen to be passing through the the Airports of South Africa, I would suggest you empty your bottles of the juice and replace it with hydrochloric acid. :P I am kidding. But they will allow to to carry on any liquid under 3oz as long as it is in a plastic bag.

Cheers!
    I hope this helps somebody!

Default Re: WARNING. If traveling to South Africa..

This should not be in the Men's forum !

I'm sorry to hear about these thefts which are, sadly, all too common.
    Drifting way off topic, but here's a very insightful and useful video on how to avoid being a victim of kleptomaniac baggage handlers in future:

Hi!

Just moving this to Off Topic.

Thanks!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about these thefts which are, sadly, all too common.
    Drifting way off topic, but here's a very insightful and useful video on how to avoid being a victim of kleptomaniac baggage handlers in future:

This is pretty despicable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

That's useful info. I might have to get new luggage.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Very sad news! Robin Williams has died, only 63, apparent suicide. He was battling severe depression recently, the news article said.
    Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24937522

Talent, looks and money.... yet still depressed. How tragic that such a gifted and handsome man should be so sad to take his own life. So young and still so much to give and be. Inconceivable really.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tragic indeed. Reminds me of Richard Jenne (sp?), another top-tier comedian who committed suicide a few years ago. Depression also.

Blog Entries

What a great loss.

Blog Entries

Rescued sea lions returned to the sea.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Off-Topic

Amazing whale rescue!

Went home to NYC for a few days. There are a surprising number of sharks and whales hanging around NY due to cleaner water. Glad to hear that. Is it wrong during shark week that I root for the sharks? Anyway...I dare anyone to look at this and not smile.

https://screen.yahoo.com/awesome-ani...2229.html?vp=1
    Last edited by Mrnybluesman; 14th August 2014 at 10:54 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

happy is the bleu heart<3

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Is it wrong during shark week that I root for the sharks? <snip>
    I was watching one of the shark shows this week and was surprised to hear that several species are near extinction. I hated the video footage of fisherman catching them, cutting off the fin, and throwing them back in the water to die. So cruel.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I was watching one of the shark shows this week and was surprised to hear that several species are near extinction. I hated the video footage of fisherman catching them, cutting off the fin, and throwing them back in the water to die. So cruel.
    Unfortunately this is such a common occurrence in countries where the fin is prized for its culinary value. Very cruel I agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Credible estimates state that over 100,000,000 sharks are 'harvested' every year from the seas. 100.000.000!

And, somewhere around 16,000,000 pounds of shark fins are taken, often just the fins! and then, as stated by shadesofbleu, the fin-less sharks are tossed back into the water to die a slow and painful death. What the hell is wrong with some of us?
    Last edited by kbe; 15th August 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Grotesque! There is no excuse for cruelty to animals.

I hope the purchasers of the goods choke on their fin soup. No demand = no harvesting. Don't order it peeps.

Nice animation:

You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

Totally agree. Abhorrent.

Blog Entries

A bouquet of roses, snapdragons and zinnias from my garden. The big paperweights keep the cat from knocking it over.

Last edited by kumquat; 17th August 2014 at 07:24 PM.

What a lovely and colorful visual delight!

100% agreed!
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

So you guys saying cruelty against animals is unacceptable – you are all vegans then? Or do you classify? Like, torturing a cow or chicken is OK, but exotic animals like sharks or cute ones like puppies need special protection? Just curios.
    Last edited by Graphite; 17th August 2014 at 09:29 PM.
    You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

Here we go. Cows, chickens, and hogs are bred for food. They're slaughtered in humane ways. Chickens aren't endangered. In fact, there are more chickens on this planet than people. Sharks are killed in a very inhumane way, and many species are now endangered because of this practice. There's no comparison.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 17th August 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    What a lovely and colorful visual delight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen-on-Holiday View Post
    100% agreed!
    Thanks, Hednic and Allen and JiveHippo.

Cruelty and suffering inflicted on living things is never acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    So you guys saying cruelty against animals is unacceptable – you are all vegans then? Or do you classify? Like, torturing a cow or chicken is OK, but exotic animals like sharks or cute ones like puppies need special protection? Just curios.
    Yes, I am vegan. Thanks for asking. And no, it's NOT ok to torture cows or chickens.
    Last edited by Allen-on-Holiday; 17th August 2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

If the end of a creature has to be in order to eat it, then I like to make sure they have been as well kept as I can find the information for. Preferably wild, free range hens, known farms, swiftly shot birds, etc etc..

Not vegan, but I hope a little considerate with plenty of vegetables and home made goods.

I feel bad for the people who get pranked, but this guy has some real​ talent lol
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

^ He's awesome. I sub to him on yt. Very quick wit. I love Buk Lau and the stuff he does on Omegle.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I love Buk Lau
    Buk Lau is awesome! I also think it's his personal favorite character to play.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    If the end of a creature has to be in order to eat it, then I like to make sure they have been as well kept as I can find the information for. Preferably wild, free range hens, known farms, swiftly shot birds, etc etc..
    Agree.

Maybe you're confusing the harvesting of part of an animal, rather than the breeding and humane killing for food.

We don't chop a Cows ass off, for a bit of rump steak, then throw the cow back in the field to struggle,
    We don't cut off the wings and kegs of chickens, for a KFC then let the chicken suffer,
    We don't strip bits off pigs for belly pork, while the damned animal is alive!!

However, we DO harvest sharks, and slice off their dorsal fin, leaving them to bleed in the ocean, either dying from blood loss, shock or eaten by other predators. (Sharks cannot control lateral movement without a dorsal fin)
    And let's face the real fact here, shark fin soup is a joke. It's not even shark fin or shark anything flavoured. They put bloody chicken soup and stock in it to make it taste
    Last edited by Emoe; 18th August 2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Coz I had more to say!

Some here may wish to study the Code of Conduct before making further posts.

Now that's what I call off-topic.

Time for a break....

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Now that's what I call off-topic.
    LOL!

Wowsers!!! Calm it down a bit in here!

Here, let's talk about this guy instead:

OK I'm game - it's what type of baby frog?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    OK I'm game - it's what type of baby frog?
    I have no idea! Somebody looked it up once though. Whatever it is, I need one as a pet!

Blog Entries

What a hoot! So charming.

I know the sight is not that 'clean', but I just wanted to show that even mechanics here burn Frankincense on a daily basis

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

So you can close your eyes and enjoy the heavenly smell!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I know the sight is not that 'clean', but I just wanted to show that even mechanics here burn Frankincense on a daily basis
    Awesome! Where is "here", by the way?

I just went to a specialty spice store the other day and among all sorts of interesting things, they had frankincense and myrrh in raw form - can be used as spices (ground up I'm guessing - never tried...) or, for burning as is. I'll have to get some next time I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Awesome! Where is "here", by the way?
    A suburban christian town in Lebanon

Plenty of businesses do it around here, not necessarily for religious reasons, but because it simply smells awesome !

Actually, that garage smelled exceptionally delicious with the smell of motor oil, chassis grease, solvents etc...mixing with the burning frankincense. Yummy !

Enjoy !

Basenotes Plus

Actually, that garage smelled exceptionally delicious with the smell of motor oil, chassis grease, solvents etc...mixing with the burning frankincense. Yummy !
    That sounds awesome. You must have had the best smelling garage in town :-)

Basenotes Plus

Bottle it up, slap a "Fahrenheit Intense" label on it, and start selling!! I'd sign up for a big bottle of that. ;-)

Remik

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    That sounds awesome. You must have had the best smelling garage in town :-)
    It does!

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Bottle it up, slap a "Fahrenheit Intense" label on it, and start selling!! I'd sign up for a big bottle of that. ;-)

Remik
    Oh I wish I knew how to do that! Maybe I should hang out more in the DYI Forum.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

Anyone else have issues after installing Windows' most recent update? My ancient desktop computer seems okay but my son's laptop isn't. After trying everything I could think of (ibnlt 3 different system restore dates) I called Microsoft. Although they spent over two hours on the telephone with me, they weren't able to get anywhere with it either. Finally they said something about it seeming to have a virus, which I believe was installed with their update, and repair to the registry would likely be required as part of any fix. They offered to do it for $149. What a racket!
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Anyone else have issues after installing Windows' most recent update? My ancient desktop computer seems okay but my son's laptop isn't. After trying everything I could think of (ibnlt 3 different system restore dates) I called Microsoft. Although they spent over two hours on the telephone with me, they weren't able to get anywhere with it either. Finally they said something about it seeming to have a virus, which I believe was installed with their update, and repair to the registry would likely be required as part of any fix. They offered to do it for $149. What a racket!
    Yes, I had critical problems with the mid-August major Windows update on three all in one computers I had running Windows 7. It killed all three computers. One lost the operating system, and the other two (all identical) booted a blue screen with stuff I couldn't understand. Restarted them millions of times. No luck. lost everything on all three of them. Wound up buying two brand new all in ones running Windows 8.1 Pro. So frustrating.

There are problems with the update. Microsoft recommends uninstalling it if possible. Here is some technical info....http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-patch-crash/1 Probably too little too late but before loading down or updating anything there is something called a restore point on the computer....it is always a good idea to create one before doing anything. It restores your pc to working condition prior to updating if it goes south.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Last edited by Mrnybluesman; 21st August 2014 at 01:31 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    There are problems with the update. Microsoft recommends uninstalling it if possible. Here is some technical info....http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-patch-crash/1 Probably too little too late but before loading down or updating anything there is something called a restore point on the computer....it is always a good idea to create one before doing anything. It restores your pc to working condition prior to updating if it goes south.
    Thank you! I did remove the update before calling Microsoft but that didn't fix the problems. We did have restore points. When setting back on one didn't work, I tried another. If my son ever figures out where his Windows 7 disc is, we might be able to do something but more likely we will probably end up replacing it with an Apple product.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I'm getting ready to update with a new Apple computer. It's a big investment but they are pretty good machines. Overall- computers suck. So much money....