Code of Conduct

Default Is it me or base notes?

Has anyone noticed that users post count have deteriorated and changed have been made in the last few days? I've lost over 100 posts and my profile picture has seemed to disappear. I've noticed this for others as well.

Is there a change that I'm unaware of, some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Default Re: Is it me or base notes?

It's not just you. The entire platform was changed from huddler back to vbulletin. Everything that was posted to the huddler site in the past 5 months is missing (posts, reviews, feedbacks etc). Supposedly everything will be transferred over, but who knows if or when that will happen.

Hi,

Have moved this here as Grant is more likely to see it and it's a tech question.

Data is currently being migrated. We generated a LOT of data in 6 months, so please bear with us. Am constantly getting updates from Grant but no definitive timescale as yet, as he is working on the speed issues as a priority. Will let you know when I do. Thanks for your patience!

D

Yeah -- I'm down a thousand posts and am taking counselling

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Yeah -- I'm down a thousand posts and am taking counselling
    hahahaa! Only lost a couple hundred, here, and suddenly don't feel so bad!
    On the bright side, now I can prove to my wife that I'm not online posting all that much at BN.

Blog Entries

-
    This post was made as an issue

The only thing I regret is

that my personal photo does not appear anymore in my Profile Page.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I'm also missing 50 or 60 posts.

And I just happened to look at one of my posts that has already been transferred, and it's missing the attached photos I posted. It's in the Huddler Temporary section. Will these photos eventually be restored ?

Thanks

Everything is proceeding as Grant has foreseen.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleCooper View Post
    Data is currently being migrated. We generated a LOT of data in 6 months, so please bear with us. Am constantly getting updates from Grant but no definitive timescale as yet, as he is working on the speed issues as a priority. Will let you know when I do. Thanks for your patience!

D
    Speed and stability are definitely a greater priority, I agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    The only thing I regret is

that my personal photo does not appear anymore in my Profile Page.
    I removed this as an option as it seemed to cause a lot of people confusion as to the difference between the avatar and the profile picture. If there is demand I can re-instate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I removed this as an option as it seemed to cause a lot of people confusion as to the difference between the avatar and the profile picture. If there is demand I can re-instate.
    I believe many people would like to see it back. including I.

Thanks for letting me know whats going on folks !

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    I believe many people would like to see it back. including I.

Thanks for letting me know whats going on folks !
    This is back now

Blog Entries

Thank you, Grant.

Nice. The reason is that - although people will know me with my posts with the accompaning Avatar - they see who it really is on the Profile page where all statistics are collected.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

If I may hitch on OP's thread, I've lost 30+ reviews since the 'return'. My backup file failed so there's no other way for me to recover those reviews. I trust the technical team is on top of this issue as some of those reviews are of very limited quantities of vintages I'm not likely to run into in the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    If I may hitch on OP's thread, I've lost 30+ reviews since the 'return'. My backup file failed so there's no other way for me to recover those reviews. I trust the technical team is on top of this issue as some of those reviews are of very limited quantities of vintages I'm not likely to run into in the future.
    Aren't those reviews stored in the ARCHIVES of Huddler material? To loose valuable content would really be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

Hello, they will be returned.

See 'Currently Missing Data' on Grant's blog post.

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/108...rientation-Day

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, I'd read that earlier but no assurance was given then so I figured I shouldn't start assuming things. If these 'glitches' had been highlighted to us prior to the switch perhaps there would have been fewer worried posters out here.

Any updates as to whats going on?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Any updates as to whats going on?
    Maybe it will be our Christmas Present!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Maybe it will be our Christmas Present!!
    Santa doesn't know SQL. Sadly, neither does Basenotes...

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    santa doesn't know sql. Sadly, neither does basenotes...
    lol!
    (1295)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Santa's little elves are frantically hitting their keyboards as we speak....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Santa's little elves are frantically hitting their keyboards as we speak....
    I think even Santa's imaginary little elves can type faster than the non-imaginary BN admins. WORST. MIGRATION. EVER. Heck, let's call it what it is - this was a dump of the old system, then restore from 6+ month old backups, nothing more. Something like this migration should have been tested on a smaller scale off-line, while the previous system was still up - to test the data migration options between systems. Then shut down the site for 2-4 hours, restore the old (current) system, import data, and re-open the site. Instead the site has been shut down for a full day I recall, and nothing has been imported anyway. And now it's been over 2 months and STILL nothing has been imported.

History repeats itself. When the original switch was made in April/May we were promised old data would be merged with the new system - and that didn't happen. Now we switched back to the original system with a promise the NEW data would be imported into this old system. Not gonna happen. I am 99.9999999999999% positive we will never see the old posts, PMs, feedback, or anything else re-imported into this system. If there was any intention to have it imported, it could have been easily done two months ago as a single afternoon project.

'Over two months' will be after Xmas - it's on it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    'Over two months' will be after Xmas - it's on it's way.
    The problem with the internet is that you can't tell if someone is typing with a straight face... Basenotes Dude is on the case! Right? Basenotes Dude? Remember him? Did he really exist? If so, what did he do, plug the old server back in and walk away?

Basenotes motto: READY, FIRE, AIM!

I have done dozens of system migrations in my life. If ANY had been planned or were carried out like this, I would be doing something else for a living lol. Guess things work a little differently in different parts of the world. But, I guess it doesn't matter much - It's not mission-critical data essential for a business, but I am sure there are a lot of people who would really like that data.

I just wonder how long the "company line" will be that it's coming... Someday, it will be "just shut up and accept it!" But maybe they will change the color of the site or something on that day so everyone goes "ooohhh! wonderful! thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    The problem with the internet is that you can't tell if someone is typing with a straight face... Basenotes Dude is on the case! Right? Basenotes Dude? Remember him? Did he really exist? If so, what did he do, plug the old server back in and walk away?

Basenotes motto: READY, FIRE, AIM!

I have done dozens of system migrations in my life. If ANY had been planned or were carried out like this, I would be doing something else for a living lol. Guess things work a little differently in different parts of the world. But, I guess it doesn't matter much - It's not mission-critical data essential for a business, but I am sure there are a lot of people who would really like that data.

I just wonder how long the "company line" will be that it's coming... Someday, it will be "just shut up and accept it!" But maybe they will change the color of the site or something on that day so everyone goes "ooohhh! wonderful! thanks!"
    LOL especially at the last paragraph.

I'm coming to the realization that the data won't be restored and everything from that 5 months is lost. There will likely be a few more "several people are working on it, updates will be soon" and then a "have people working around the clock and you have to understand these updates and transfers can take several months to complete".

As dougczar above me stated, there will be some small change to try and make up for everything lost where people give praise and thanks.

Basenotes Plus

I'd just like to hear a final word, then I'll accept all the lost posts, re-enter my wardrobe and try to forget the whole thing. I work in IT too, and communication of status to end users is very important. Would definitely be looking for a job after such a migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    I'd just like to hear a final word, then I'll accept all the lost posts, re-enter my wardrobe and try to forget the whole thing. I work in IT too, and communication of status to end users is very important. Would definitely be looking for a job after such a migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The final word is "the transfer of data will happen soon", unfortunately we've been hearing that for almost a month and a half. I've been skeptical since the change over (as you can tell from my op in this thread), but I'm still holding on to a little hope.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 9th December 2013 at 04:54 AM.

I'm optimistically hopeful, however my optimism diminishes with each passing day.
    (1374)

Banned
    Blog Entries

5 days before X-Mas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    5 days before X-Mas
    You must have been naughty this year.

Please see Judith's post #9
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/372...-the-Directory

Many 'Huddler' reviews & quite a few missing fragrances have recently been uploaded.