Code of Conduct

Arrow Creed - Neiman Marcus "Refill" Event - November 22

Hi folks,

I'm pretty much (ok, completely) fragrance-illiterate. I've been trying to find a cologne I like and that isn't exactly mass market and that naturally led to reading thread after thread about Creed. I figure that somewhere between the Creed-haters' disdain and the opinions of those who have shrines to Olivier Creed in their closets lies some sort of truth. I happen to like a few of their scents and will probably spring for one soon. I'd love to find a few guys to split a 500ml flacon but that's another topic...

I wanted to let folks know that Neiman Marcus is holding a "refill event" on November 22. In my opinion this isn't a phenomenal event aside from its being something that apparently hasn't happened before. You can't walk out the door with your purchase until November 22 but you *can* lock in a purchase now. Quantities are limited but I'm not sure what the actual numbers are.

The concise version is: Buy an empty Creed vaporizer of your choice and they'll fill it with 1.7 oz. of your choice of: Aventus, Imperial, Green Irish Tweed or Silver Mountain Water for no additional charge. They were doing Santal too but pre-sold it all I guess. The vaporizers are $185 so you'll be out the door for about $200 after tax. I know that's still a crazy high price for a cologne and the vaporizers probably aren't worth more than $30 - but still, for someone who wants a vaporizer but can't justify the price it might be a decent deal. Frankly, I'd rather have an ounce and a half of a different fragrance.

The sales associate I visited with was Laura Gillies at the Northpark (Dallas) Neiman Marcus. Her email address is her first name, an underscore, her last name at neimanmarcusstores dot com. Their phone number is two one four, three six three, eight three one one, extension two one five four. I get the feeling it doesn't really matter who you talk to, like maybe the whole group of them split commissions or something.

I'm not affiliated in any way with NM or Ms. Gillies (*promise*), but would appreciate it if you mention my name (IBM Matt). if you talk to her [and are nice :-)]. Maybe she'll give me an extended sample quota or something :-)

Default Re: Creed - Neiman Marcus "Refill" Event - November 22

Thanks for the info.

You may want to check the dates at your local Neiman's for this event. I believe the one in Scottsdale is on the 16th.

Hey, rv9factory thank you for taking your time to type all this for our benefit...Thx a lot ....Cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Think dates vary according to store location.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

There is a similar event like this going on at the Scottsdale, AZ NM on 11/16.

Bond 9 has a similar promotion going on right now...buy two get a refill tester for free.

I like the Bond deal, didn't know about that one! Thanks BRM

$175 for a 1.7 oz atomizer bottle full either of those scents?? No thanks, you can buy an actual 4.0 oz flask online for that or cheaper. If you are dead set on wanting juice from an official retailer then yeah its a good deal but I have Santal, GIT, and Aventus and all came from online sources either grey market or members on the board and they are perfect.

Nah. Not burning any money at this time. Can you say Fragrancenet.com?

Not interested. Let me know is Windsor is involved though.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I believe there is a confirmed Windsor event going on in December. But it's $405 for the pre-filled 1.7oz leather atomizer. They're doing the same for Amalfi Flowers and Feuilles Verte at the same time.

It's only at select Neimans, though. But the Creed rep at your local Neimans should be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I believe there is a confirmed Windsor event going on in December. But it's $405 for the pre-filled 1.7oz leather atomizer. They're doing the same for Amalfi Flowers and Feuilles Verte at the same time.

It's only at select Neimans, though. But the Creed rep at your local Neimans should be able to help you out.
    ha thanks for the info. was going to wait for the Windsor but $405? no thanks

I asked about the Windsor-filled atomizer that is going to be offered in December. I asked the Neiman's SA what batch the Windsor was from.....2009 or 2010. He didn't know and said he would get back with me after he spoke with Creed about it.

He called me back and told me it's a "new" batch. I asked him what he meant.....if that meant the 2010 batch, and he said he understood it to mean a BRAND NEW batch.....neither 2009 or 2010. My first thought was that he was mistaken about it and it would likely be the 2010 batch. So who knows at this point.....

If there IS a brand new batch of Windsor, that would increase the likelihood of them making it available again in the future. They obviously wouldn't create a new batch just to fill a few atomizers at a one-time Neiman's event. Someone posted that their SA said Windsor was going to be made available again in 2014, but I haven't heard anyone else saying that. So.....???
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I believe hednic was told by a Creed SA that Windsor will be avaliable again in 2014. Seems very likely now with the info you've provided RedRaider. Great news!

Isn't it? An SA told me Windsor would be around this time. Chicago Mich Ave store. I assumed it would be all stores

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post

Heard from my SA that the price for windsor in the prefill event in December will be $325.

I believe hednic also heard it was going to be lower than the $405.00 being reported. I specifically asked the Neiman's rep I spoke with about it and he confirmed it was $405.00. He hadn't heard anything about lower costs.

$325.00 and $405.00? That's a significant difference in price. Wonder what the cause of the discrepancy is.....
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I wish I could find a similar promotion in the UK.....I got an almost scornful response from 2 different SA's in London when I asked recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I believe hednic also heard it was going to be lower than the $405.00 being reported. I specifically asked the Neiman's rep I spoke with about it and he confirmed it was $405.00. He hadn't heard anything about lower costs.

$325.00 and $405.00? That's a significant difference in price. Wonder what the cause of the discrepancy is.....
    Just confirmed with Creed rep, the price will be $405.00 for 50ml, in a silver on silver atomizer.

Quote Originally Posted by reachtop View Post
    Just confirmed with Creed rep, the price will be $405.00 for 50ml, in a silver on silver atomizer.

I guess my SA must be mistaken then, either that or i may be getting a deal in a month if i decide to purchase one...

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    I guess my SA must be mistaken then, either that or i may be getting a deal in a month if i decide to purchase one...
    I wish it was 325, 405+tax seems too steep for any 50ml cologne….

If they, in fact, re-issue Windsor in the 250 ml flacon it would be cheaper per milliliter (if you can call it that) to buy the flacon at $650.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post
    If they, in fact, re-issue Windsor in the 250 ml flacon it would be cheaper per milliliter (if you can call it that) to buy the flacon at $650.
    This also assumes the price remains $650 for the flacon. I doubt that'll be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post
    Thats what im looking for. I figure they have to have flacons that they are using to fill up all of those atomizers. SA at Neimans told me that Windsor is only available every few years because its made from the roses of someones personal garden. I couldnt understand what he said, maybe Olivier. Dont know if its true or not and dont care.

It was $640 a couple of years ago so it will probably be at least $100 more.

Quote Originally Posted by reachtop View Post
    I wish it was 325, 405+tax seems too steep for any 50ml cologne….
    Agreed. I really like Windsor, but can't see myself paying $405 for 50ml of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Agreed. I really like Windsor, but can't see myself paying $405 for 50ml of it.
    Of course, the atomizer is a big chunk of that ($185.00 by itself), but the juice would still be very expensive.

I have mixed emotions about it. If it really is going to be a one time event and then the Windsor would go right back into the Creed vault, then I could see splurging (if you've always wanted it), in order to get such a great, and rare, fragrance.

But if they DO start selling flacons of it again after this event, then it would be better to wait until you could get in on a split here. Creed would be charging $220.00 for the juice (plus tax), whereas, a split here used to be $140.00 for the same amount (50 ml) with no tax.

I have a hard time believing that they (Creed) only produced a handful of flacons for Nieman Marcus' promotion. I'm sure they'll be selling flacons through the boutique next year. It's a big seller.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they (Creed) only produced a handful of flacons for Nieman Marcus' promotion. I'm sure they'll be selling flacons through the boutique next year. It's a big seller.
    Good thinking. I'll just wait and not pay the taxes.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they do re-release the Windsor flacons. I also remember hearing some time ago that Creed may re-release Vintage Tabarome. I believe it was from an interview of a Creed exec.

Windsor is only available every few years because its made from the roses of someones personal garden. I couldnt understand what he said, maybe Olivier. Dont know if its true or not and dont care.
    Creed reps always tell the best stories!

Just for the head ups its the 8th this coming year from what I was told. Also I asked and they said the royal exclusives also count for this as well.. So good way to save money on those more expensive ones. Didnt ask if there was a limit but tempted to get a few if thats the case lol.

thanks for the heads up... if their exclusives are available, i'm pretty tempted to try and maybe get the original (pure white) or jardin d'amalfi.

Who would one call in order to take advantage of this? I am definitely on board for at least one. Are reservations required?

SA at Neimans told me that Windsor is only available every few years because its made from the roses of someones personal garden. I couldnt understand what he said, maybe Olivier. Dont know if its true or not and dont care.
    It's actually true. It's also true that the horse on Aventus bottles is really a unicorn, but they photoshopped out the horn in order to have the image fit the Napoleon story somebody in their marketing department concocted. I can't imagine who thought Napoleon would be better for marketing than a unicorn, but, whatevs. Anyhoo, I mention the unicorn because Aventus is made from unicorn tears, and as anyone who has ever owned a unicorn knows (trust me, I have), each batch of tears from a unicorn is unique - thus the Aventus batch variations. Now that I've explained it, it all seems so obvious, right? Exactly.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

I bought a pegasus to try to make my own personal version of Aventus. Sadly, it turns out that pegasus don't cry. I even tried pinching him... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I bought a pegasus to try to make my own personal version of Aventus. Sadly, it turns out that pegasus don't cry. I even tried pinching him... nothing.
    No offense, but it's your own fault if you didn't get a weeper. That's what happens when you blind buy. Here's a fun fact: unicorns love beer. Before I lay out any cash, I show up at the stables with a case of cold ones. I pop one open & start sipping. And I tell the unicorn "You get no beers till I see some tears." It's a nifty little rhyme and it works every time. Awe yeah.

And speaking of unicorns... I'll trade any of you a unicorn in exchange for a time machine so I can go back to November 22nd, 2013, because I hear there's a Creed Refill Event coming up last year. Or something. Oh, whuzzat? There's one this year too, but on a different date? Well that's great! I'm keeping my unicorn. It's a shame the OP of this thread can't update the original post. It'd be easy for him to find, since it was also his only post ever.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Just a query on this - did the Windsor 50ml atomisers disappear quickly in December? & are any vaulted scents expected in 2014, or will it just be refills of mainline scents?

Does anyone have more information on this year's Creed refill event?