Code of Conduct

Default Lalique Hommage a L'Homme: Any fans of this one?

I've been reading up on this, it sounds 'safe' but also pretty good.

Anybody familiar with this or own it?

What fragrances would you compare it to?

Default Re: Lalique Hommage a L'Homme: Any fans of this one?

I've owned it before and found it very wearable and enjoyable. It is a light aromatic cologne that has some saffron, violet leaf and violet woods over a synthetic musk and woods base. The dryness of the base hints at being a leather but is not really leather. They also say there is oud in it, but I guess its a tiny bit of synthetic agarwood because it is not noticeable. I think of this as a more contemporary take on Green Irish Tweed although it is not as strong as GIT. drseid's review on profumo is a great description of it: http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Lali...mmage__l_Homme, Its a fragrance that goes well with a pressed white shirt. Very dressed up feel.

I own it and love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks buzzlepuff. I really enjoyed reading your review of it in the directory and was surprised you ended up going "neutral" on it (to balance out all the positives...lol). I'll definitely take a look at the doc's review.

Btw, good to see Uomo and Almost Transparent Blue getting some love! I think ATB is great stuff, so addictive and effervescent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own it and love it.
    Good to know. I'm always amazed at the prices you can find with Laliques. They're certainly one outfit you can't accuse of over-charging the customer.

i own it and it iss a favourite of mine this fall. A bit powdery, with a strong smell of violets.

You've probably read my review already, where I compare it to the slight cherry/oud feeling of M7, with the anise of Azzaro PH, the violet slightly less candied than He Wood.

More recently, after falling hard for Rive Gauche Pour Homme, I have to give them the same type of feel, except replace the Lavender/Gaiac wood in Rive Gauche & put in Violet/Oud into Hommage à L'Homme, and voilà!

Me.

It shares this gentlemanly aura of Lalique's Equus and Le Lion.

It is soft, powdery, subtle, close to the skin, understated, long lasting, not in the least oppressive or cloying. I can't get any of the notes described in the pyramid except for a dark / sweetish feeling that I guess might be the oud, as smelt in other oud-based scents.

As to the bergamot, the violet leaf, the violet, the tonka bean, the pepper, the musk, and the labdanum, all I can say is that all these raw materials have been treated in such a way they don't pay tribute to the way they smell raw - for instance, the pepper. Well, maybe the musk...

I cannot find resemblances to the EdTs and EdCs I know. In that sense it is quite unique.

IMHO, a great choice.

But if I were you I would try it before buying it blind, I don't want to be the reason for a suggestion that could turn up being a disappointment in your case.

My concern is that it's too quiet, too formal, and too boring, along the line of Bulgari Pour Homme in the effect that it has (which is "no effect").

My hope is that it's present, yet subtle, crisp and distinguished, and polite while interesting.

I own and like it. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the tobacco yet. It has a very fresh tobacco smell, coupled with violet. I wouldn't call it boring, but it is pretty subtle. It's not going to clear a room or anything. I think it's a perfect office frag. The bottle is gorgeous too.

If you'd like a sample let me know, although you wouldn't be living up to your monicker!

Buysblind - I honestly don't think it's interesting enough for you. If you are a fan of Amouage and Slumberhouse, it's highly unlikely you will like it.
    JiveHippo- yes, I do smell tobacco though it's not listed.
    Btw, I really like it and one of my fav cheapies.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Buysblind - I honestly don't think it's interesting enough for you. If you are a fan of Amouage and Slumberhouse, it's highly unlikely you will like it...
    Yes, I agree. I find Amouage's scents are high quality blends, but a little way too much for me. I like Coromandel, but application is a torture, I never know if one spritz is more than enough. Having said this, in comparisson L'Hommage is a wimp, even more so traditional ones like Monsieur Rochas or Moustache and the rest.

Of course, in my case, these last ones are the ones I like the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I own and like it. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the tobacco yet...
    By accident I applied an old traditional tobacco scent (a local one, discontinued, however wonderful) on top of a previous application of L'Hommage done several hours before. For my surprise, the tobacco accords in both scents bloomed quite distinctively. So, yes, you must be right.

Blame it on my poor nose I could not get the tobacco note in L'Hommage you are referring to.

Thanks, everybody, I appreciate your advice and opinions!

JiveHippo, thank you for the sample offer. Very kind of you (and I make take you up on it, since I'm swearing off buying anything else until at least 2014).

CapriDog, I appreciate the personal recommendation. From time to time I like some tamer scents (Bleu, AdG), but generally in the realm of summer/aquatics only. Thanks for the heads up on this! As far as Amouage is concerned, I actually only like 2 of their frags--Memoir Man and Reflection Man. I pretty much like everything from Slumberhouse, even if I only own a couple at the moment.

Pollux, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    My concern is that it's too quiet, too formal, and too boring, along the line of Bulgari Pour Homme in the effect that it has (which is "no effect").

My hope is that it's present, yet subtle, crisp and distinguished, and polite while interesting.
    I believe it will deliver on your hopes, than confirm your concerns, based on the points you've mentioned about it being "present, yet subtle, crisp and distinguished".

That's my exact way of describing it's effect, just as long as you like neo-barbershop.

I concur with the "phantom" tobacco accord, just like in Azzaro PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    I concur with the "phantom" tobacco accord, just like in Azzaro PH.
    I concur. Tobacco in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I own and like it. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the tobacco yet
    This stands out the most to me. It smells like a freshly opened pack of cigs and I like it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

it's a good safe/boring scent if that makes sense