Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Intervention - Bring it!!!

Ok. This is along the ideas of the steal a scent from the previous poster thread, except 1 or 2 people might get your feelings hurt a little (it's all in fun though). Here's the rules..

1. Look at the wardrobe of the person who posted immediately before you (click on their profile, and then on the left side, click "see wardrobe", and you can see all the fragrances that they own). Pick a fragrance from their collection that you hate/don't think anyone should be wearing and get rid of it. You can be as rude as you want in describing why it should go, or you can just simply name the fragrance.

2. You can veto the previous person's choice that they kicked out of a collection. So if someone tells me that my A*men has to go, the following poster (and only that poster) can put it back in. It's like the fragrance is an inmate sitting on death row, and you're the governor (Americans will understand this reference) calling up before midnight and sparing its life.

So I'm up first. Who's got no love for something I've got??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07sactDEKU

(warning - just one word in there that you might not want to play at work)
    Last edited by UnclePecos; 5th November 2013 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: Fragrance Intervention - Bring it!!!

This doesn't pertain to male fragrance discussion.

for swap/sale:

Where is this wardrobe you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    This doesn't pertain to male fragrance discussion.
    Sure it does. It just gives us an idea of what people don't like. I had to really look through your collection since I'm not familiar with too many niche and overseas fragrances. I'm throwing out your 1 Million. Ok...yes....I own the same fragrance, but for some reason, I'm really, really tired of it lately.

I don't think it's a wise idea to get negative about peoples personal fragrance choices. It could get nasty and this thread could go south quick with the mod's stepping in. Lets keep these sort of games positive and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I don't think it's a wise idea to get negative about peoples personal fragrance choices. It could get nasty and this thread could go south quick with the mod's stepping in. Lets keep these sort of games positive and respectful.
    Are we that sensitive? It's all meant in fun. It's no different than a wife or significant other telling you they don't like what you're wearing, except this is among friends. If I wore a ridiculous outfit somewhere, I'd fully expect one of my friends to say something or intervene.

In your collection, I'd get rid of the Fahrenheit. Coincidentally, I owned (and loved) that fragrance around 20 years ago. I still remember being in a college dorm and my best friend telling me another mutual friend wearing this fantastic cologne. We went to his room, and yeah, it was Fahrenheit and it was awesome. I went out and bought a bottle in the next few days. This summer, a sales associate at Perfumania and I were talking about colognes as I looked over the massive collection. I told her I was just randomly looking, and I saw the Fahrenheit bottle. I said I hadn't smelled it in years. She sprayed it on a card, and I just didn't like it any more. She sort of scrunched her nose at me and said "yeah, I don't like it either". I tried it a month or so again later just to reconfirm, and its magic is gone.

Blog Entries

I don't like the idea of virtual people snooping in my virtual wardrobe. A fun game? Maybe. Just not to my taste.

************************************************** *************************

Please note that I spelled out my opinion and did not use that "convenient" OBJECTION button.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Agree with this observation.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    I don't like the idea of virtual people snooping in my virtual wardrobe. A fun game? Maybe. Just not to my taste.

************************************************** *************************

Please note that I spelled out my opinion and did not use that "convenient" OBJECTION button.
    Got it. Thanks for your opinion! I appreciate the actual reply and not just the objection button as well.

Basenotes Junkie

Let's make lists of our top 5 Creeds instead. Now that sounds like some Basenotes fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Let's make lists of our top 5 Creeds instead. Now that sounds like some Basenotes fun.
    Ha ha ha ... this seems to be an insider joke. And add to that list the details about Aventus batch numbers, then we (at least I) will yawn.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I want to talk about this in an off topic section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Ha ha ha ... this seems to be an insider joke. And add to that list the details about Aventus batch numbers, then we (at least I) will yawn.
    I hear there's a new A*Men flanker on the way: Pure Chinese Cab. That's a BN twofer.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePecos View Post
    Ok. This is along the ideas of the steal a scent from the previous poster thread, except 1 or 2 people might get your feelings hurt a little (it's all in fun though). Here's the rules..

1. Look at the wardrobe of the person who posted immediately before you (click on their profile, and then on the left side, click "see wardrobe", and you can see all the fragrances that they own). Pick a fragrance from their collection that you hate/don't think anyone should be wearing and get rid of it. You can be as rude as you want in describing why it should go, or you can just simply name the fragrance.

2. You can veto the previous person's choice that they kicked out of a collection. So if someone tells me that my A*men has to go, the following poster (and only that poster) can put it back in. It's like the fragrance is an inmate sitting on death row, and you're the governor (Americans will understand this reference) calling up before midnight and sparing its life.

So I'm up first. Who's got no love for something I've got??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07sactDEKU

(warning - just one word in there that you might not want to play at work)
    90% of your frags have to go.
    The reason- You are a terrible person.
    Next.
    This is a lot of fun.

Well the OP just tried to start some fun. No need to be so... Like rude.