Code of Conduct

Default Winter is coming - Tobacco Vanille vs Guerlain L'instant Extreme/Derby?

I got a sample of silver mountain water which I never used. Was tempted to get a full bottle once I tried it for a longer period of time today, but not sure if it is a good winter scent. I have GIT, MI and Aventus and they still work great, but I thought it is time to try another good house. So the choice comes down to TV and Guerlain L'instant Extreme or Derby which also got very good reviews here. If I like the creeds mentioned above, but am not impressed with Dior Ferenheit (a bit choking especially for the office), and on ther other hand can live with Bleu de Chanel, which of the three (TV, instant extreme and Derby) would be my best bet? Please don't tell me to just get another Creed as I am quite determined to try other houses. Wearable at office is important. Thanks all in advance!

Default Re: Winter is coming - Tobacco Vanille vs Guerlain L'instant Extreme/Derby?

Any of the three mentioned might be too much for the office (no more than 2 sprays max). But, if I had to choose one I would go with L' Instant Extreme.

Default Re: Winter is coming - Tobacco Vanille vs Guerlain L'instant Extreme/Derby?

Derby would be my choice.

Tobacco Vanille !!

Another one for LIDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Another one for LIDGE.
    And another one for LIDGE it is the real deal. Once it embraces you will never forget it. Citrusy and Chocolate rolled into one. A masterpiece!

LIDGE would be the most versatile of the group you propose IMHO.

3 sprays of Derby, no contest! My SOTD at office!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

For more regular use, LIDGE. TV for special ocassions. Derby... I haven't had the pleasure.

LIDGE:Orangey citrusy drape with cacao powder

or or tobacco vanille to me their is no comparison , TV all the the way out of the two although neither rock my boat....Cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Seconding LIDGE.

Never tried Derby, but LIDGE > TV, imo. Altough, this is the last scent I would wear to an office.
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

Sound Scents

Derby of those three for sure.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I'd go with Derby
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd go with Derby
    Similar taste Hednic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I'd have to go for LIDGE as an office scent. I think TV makes too much of a statement if even slightly over applied, it is extremely potent. My favourite of the three is Derby by a long way but I wouldn't waste it in an office environment, it is far too magnificent and deserves special occasions/intimate dates with loved ones. All IMHO of course!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

I like and own all three, but Derby is my favorite in this group.

I don't think TV, and LIDGE are office friendly, they're really strong. Derby would be my choice for the office, but you have to like old school leather scents. Other than that, have a look at LIDG (not extreme). More suited for the office than LIDGE I think.

I find myself reaching for L'Instant Eau Extreme often now that the weather is turning cool. Hard to beat it when you want to project a warm, sweet-ish, elegant yet decidedly manly vibe at the office. Derby is something I wear for my own enjoyment, it's perfect for a nice autumn walk or a quiet day at home. I know many say that one shouldn't concern himself with how others may perceive your frag but to me LIDGE is a far more safer office frag. It's like wearing ouds - in solitude I'll often appreciate a good Indian oil that's full of character and vitriol but to the office I'd wear something that's not going to distract from my enjoyment of it by making people looking around in puzzlement.

LIDGE is more likely to appeal to more people than Derby but it's still an awesome frag, by an order of magnitude better and more alive than the majority of today's offerings that are composed-by-numbers and lack any soul whatsoever. I don't enjoy TV so I don't qualify to comment on it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

LIDGE would be the most suitable

TV.
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Tobacco Vanille without a doubt.

Derby will be my choice...

All three are well liked by most people.

Basenotes Plus

Derby, hands down. This is by far the most sophisticated, classy (and classic) leather scent, perfect for office, just don't overspray it, it's pretty strong.

For the office, Derby would be my first choice, followed by LIDGE (very sparingly). I would not ever wear TV as an office scent.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626