Code of Conduct

Default do you sometime just zone out...(out of this world)...when you wear a certain fragrance?

When i wear a few fragrance in my colection...usually my amouage, oud oils, sandalwood oil, frankincense oil..i get zone out..an out of this world experience... feels like i'm drifting farther and farther away to a peaceful place..it's amazing how your sense of smell have such an impact and effect on your mind and soul...do you get this kind of effect too?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: do you sometime just zone out...(out of this world)...when you wear a certain fragrance?

I get distracted by Ambre 114 as it's so intoxicating and find myself trying to pick out the notes when I'm wearing it. I think it's the "freshly baked cookie syndrome", where you just get totally distracted by the scent for a while.

Default Re: do you sometime just zone out...(out of this world)...when you wear a certain fragrance?

I have that feeling with Bentley for Men Intense.

I think By Kilian Back To Black brings me to a place outer space.

I'd say I sometimes get distracted or transported, yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Definitely. I used to save Gucci Pour Homme for times when I needed to be really creative because I felt like it took me out of my surroundings. That strategy didn't work long though. Once I really fell for the stuff, I wore it enough that the effect was lost. Ah, but then I found L'Air du Desert Marocain! Boy, I felt like that one took me somewhere else! But once I really fell for the stuff, I wore it enough that the effect was lost. Ah, but then I found Interlude Man! Wow, I felt like that one took me somewhere else! But once I really fell for the stuff, I wore it enough that the effect was lost. Ah, but then I found Royal Oud! Man oh man, I felt like that one took me somewhere else! But once I really fell for the stuff, I wore it enough that the effect was lost. Ah, but then I found...

...sigh.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Well, not really, but the closest I can remember to something like that for me would be when I wear by Kilian Incense Oud.

That only happened to me once, which was the first time I wore tf noir de noir. It created a image in my and in a sense put me there. Was a nice experience��

Even if not constantly, still quite frequently. Also happens with most of the fragrances I like/own/use more or less regularly. It might have been a lesser, thus not main, but somehow noteworthy reason why I chose a specific fragrance over another.

Basenotes Plus

Yes. When I wear Bond no. 9's Manhattan, I drift back to Kyoto, Japan... where I was born & raised...thinking about my Grandmother and the old-school Japanese way....

I only have a small sample of epic woman, but when i apply it on my wrist... when i sniff it...i actually see in my mind people walking the silk road.... carrying silk, gold and spices... i also picture a beautiful woman with long black hair.... kind of like the amouage commercial....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Some women have this effect on me but not perfume.....well maybe Shalimar EDC or possibly Mitsouko