Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amouage testers at Fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi rouj - it seems to happen whenever they list discounted Amouages!
    They refund any payments taken fast in my experience, so it's a bit of a gamble ordering - some win!
    Thanks Ipp!

My order arrived today with Beloved Man, Opus VI, and Interlude Man. Great day for perfume...

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Thanks Ipp!

My order arrived today with Beloved Man, Opus VI, and Interlude Man. Great day for perfume...
    Great to hear they all arrived safely. Did they all come with caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    Great to hear they all arrived safely. Did they all come with caps?
    Yep! All three look great. The Interlude cap is very loose and rattles a little, otherwise everything is perfect. Also, boxes were not wrapped when they arrived, and they were a bit beat up. Haven't sprayed them, not sure if I'm going to keep them all, so can't comment on that. Edit: the sprayer needed to be pushed down, now the cap stays on just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rouj; 9th November 2013 at 08:53 PM.

Got the MEMOIR in mail today..................

still waiting on the other 4 ...............should b here on tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Thanks for that!! I just ordered Interlude and Opus VI testers, about $64/each, and Jubilation XXV 100ml bottle (non-tester) for $181. Cool! :-)
    so jubilation man was never on sale to begin with..i would have loved to get Interlude for man at this insane price

anyone ordered testers and received them already ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I already received a tester of Beloved. It's at my office and will open it tomorrow.

Basenotes Plus

Received Jubilation 25 Extrait yesterday in good order.

The three I posted about were all testers

The three I posted about were all testers
    Thanks for posting, rouj and everyone else! wanted to confirm if the testers come with caps or not.

A lot of the stock has been replenished but there are no testers available. It does look like the regular boxed extraits have gone up in price also. Still a good deal with a coupon you can get the Opus line for under $200.00

Thanks for posting, rouj and everyone else! wanted to confirm if the testers come with caps or not.
    I'm surprised they are actually regular bottles with the normal caps. I was expecting a modified bottle, cheaper. If these show up again on Fragrancenet I'm getting more for sure.

I think my first one arrives Thursday. How did you guys manage to get yours so fast? Did you upgrade shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I think my first one arrives Thursday. How did you guys manage to get yours so fast? Did you upgrade shipping?
    Regular shipping for me. I live near where they ship from, I usually get next day as a result.

Received the rest of the pack................Jubxxv, INterlude/Opus VI/Honor for women.

- - - Updated - - -

MEMOIR BOTTLE

My Memoir ( men) does not have the "MEMOIR" written on the side of the bottle........does anyone know WHY ?

Quote Originally Posted by fhayat View Post
    Received the rest of the pack................Jubxxv, INterlude/Opus VI/Honor for women.

- - - Updated - - -

MEMOIR BOTTLE

My Memoir ( men) does not have the "MEMOIR" written on the side of the bottle........does anyone know WHY ?
    Memoir bottles don't have it written on it. Only ones that do are Fate, Interlude, and Beloved.

With my recent purchases I'm up to 18 bottles of Amouage fragrances.

Thanks rev
    I feel better now

To your knowledge have Fragrancenet ever had testers this low before? Could we see this event again sometime in the future perhaps?

To your knowledge have Fragrancenet ever had testers this low before? Could we see this event again sometime in the future perhaps?
    I saw a similar Amouage sale last year. Let's hope it happens more often.

They had a deal earlier this year and I was able to purchase a few of them around $53 each.

They had a deal earlier this year and I was able to purchase a few of them around $53 each.
    Rev were those testers pretty good quality as far as the fragrances longevity and composition compared to the regular issues or samples you may have tested?

There's no difference between the perfume in the regular and tester bottles. I just got my tester bottle of Interlude Man and it's definitely the same as the fragrance in the usual bottle. (Also, as others have mentioned, I don't quite know why these are "testers" - they seem to be the same as the usual bottles. My bottle has a loose cap, which might explain why it's called a tester bottle; but I have no complaints about that since it was so very cheap.)

Quote Originally Posted by Longexact View Post
    ThMy bottle has a loose cap, which might explain why it's called a tester bottle...
    Mine was too, I was able to push the part that holds the sprayer in place down further, tightening the cap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Longexact View Post
    There's no difference between the perfume in the regular and tester bottles. I just got my tester bottle of Interlude Man and it's definitely the same as the fragrance in the usual bottle. (Also, as others have mentioned, I don't quite know why these are "testers" - they seem to be the same as the usual bottles. My bottle has a loose cap, which might explain why it's called a tester bottle; but I have no complaints about that since it was so very cheap.)
    That is very good to know. I have Interlude on the way and I have about talked myself into getting Opus VI after all the glowing reviews. I wish I had acted sooner for the tester because the difference is about $120.00 now but still a decent deal compared to other outlets.

Rev were those testers pretty good quality as far as the fragrances longevity and composition compared to the regular issues or samples you may have tested?
    The bottles and scents are the same as the regular bottles. The caps being loose has no bearing on it being a tester as some of my regular bottles are the same way. Hopefully with Amouage going with a magnetic cap on Fate Man this will be used on future fragrances.

Got my Epic extrait tester today and so happy I got this one at such a good price! Hope this sale is something that will happen again sometime and hope I find out about it as soon as it goes online.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Received mine later in the day yesterday. Interlude Man beautiful bottle the cap was a little loose but no biggie. Great scent. Memoir woman extrait unbelievable scent. After a few more wears I will surely appreciate it more but the first time for me was I was awestruck. Definitely unisex and a definite consideration if you get the chance to buy at these prices again. I did succumb and buy Opus VI for under $200.00 because of the reviews on various sites as that was the one that got away for me. I need Simon in my corner next time. For the ones that got Opus VI let me know how that stacks up for you.

Received mine later in the day yesterday. Interlude Man beautiful bottle the cap was a little loose but no biggie. Great scent. Memoir woman extrait unbelievable scent. After a few more wears I will surely appreciate it more but the first time for me was I was awestruck. Definitely unisex and a definite consideration if you get the chance to buy at these prices again. I did succumb and buy Opus VI for under $200.00 because of the reviews on various sites as that was the one that got away for me. I need Simon in my corner next time. For the ones that got Opus VI let me know how that stacks up for you.
    I've worn samples of each of the Opus's, and VI from top to bottom is the best. Outstanding longevity, perfectly blended amber/incense, loads of compliments, for me, it's the best. I'm very glad I added it to my collection, and considering our shared love of Interlude and Memoir, I'm sure you'll be glad you added it to yours.

I ordered Amouage Jubilation XXV for Men and already have the FedEx tracking number. What a great deal- I had a 21% off coupon to use so I'll get a 100ml bottle for less than $160. It's unboxed but for that price, who cares ! I would not ever have imagined I'd be able to get a full bottle at that price.

Arrived on 11/21. Just the bottle wrapped in bubble wrap. All is good.
    Last edited by Quartz; 22nd November 2013 at 03:01 PM.

I've worn samples of each of the Opus's, and VI from top to bottom is the best. Outstanding longevity, perfectly blended amber/incense, loads of compliments, for me, it's the best. I'm very glad I added it to my collection, and considering our shared love of Interlude and Memoir, I'm sure you'll be glad you added it to yours.
    Thanks again rouj. I can't wait for this one because it has the accords I go for. I heard it is a very dry fragrance very unique in the amber realm and from what I have in my collection presently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    I ordered Amouage Jubilation XXV for Men and already have the FedEx tracking number. What a great deal- I had a 21% off coupon to use so I'll get a 100ml bottle for less than $160. It's unboxed but for that price, who cares ! I would not ever have imagined I'd be able to get a full bottle at that price.
    That is a great price I just got mine this past month a 1.7oz for $185.00 from Beauty encounter and I though that was a good buy. It is a very good fragrance and I quite enjoy it.

Basenotes Plus

My Opus III arrived today. I don't think this is a tester, original packaging & cello wrapped. It was under $200, so I'm happy.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    My Opus III arrived today. I don't think this is a tester, original packaging & cello wrapped. It was under $200, so I'm happy.
    Let us know how your like it. I want that and Opus VII as they have been the most positively reviewed. By the way the tester that we were talking about were around $80.00 last Tuesday but in truth they weren't testers because they had the nice bottle tops. They quickly sold out that day. I missed out on Opus VI so I went for the $195.00 version.

Well, I received much of my order today. However, one package was sent via UPS and requires a signature and I've not been able to be home when they are delivering! Drat! Ubar and Interlude are out there somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Well, I received much of my order today. However, one package was sent via UPS and requires a signature and I've not been able to be home when they are delivering! Drat! Ubar and Interlude are out there somewhere!
    Congratulations danieq a very good haul indeed. I hope you enjoy your offerings as I am mine. I feel I made out like a bandit.

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    However, one package was sent via UPS and requires a signature and I've not been able to be home when they are delivering! Drat!
    That's the worst thing that can happen - the anxious wait...happens to me everytime bcoz of my work hrs...

Congratulations danieq a very good haul indeed. I hope you enjoy your offerings as I am mine. I feel I made out like a bandit.
    I agree that I made out quite lucky. Almost feel guilty when so many people had their orders canceled. Enjoy your purchases in good health Mike.

I just now found this thread, lol.

Memoir would have been sweet.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I just received my Interlude Man (regular retail version). I did not receive the little white hand signed thank you card that are usually in the boxes. Last amouage i bought was last 2012. Are they not doing the cards anymore, or did they conveniently forget mine?

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I just received my Interlude Man (regular retail version). I did not receive the little white hand signed thank you card that are usually in the boxes. Last amouage i bought was last 2012. Are they not doing the cards anymore, or did they conveniently forget mine?
    It's hit and miss with the cards. Some of mine had it in them while others were missing.

How do you like your bottle of Interlude? I almost bought a back up bottle with it being so inexpensive.

It's hit and miss with the cards. Some of mine had it in them while others were missing.

How do you like your bottle of Interlude? I almost bought a back up bottle with it being so inexpensive.
    I see, thanks for the info!

My bottle if Interlude is excellent! I just finished a small decant from when it first came out, and for $180 it's a steal.
    This will last me a LONG time!
    Truly amazing perfume.

Basenotes Plus

My Opus III didn't have a card in it, no receipt in the box either. Kind of slip shod.

The perfume is pretty stunning though.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    My Opus III didn't have a card in it, no receipt in the box either. Kind of slip shod.

The perfume is pretty stunning though.
    I've never purchased an Opus at retail, so i don't even know if they're supposed to have the thank you cards? Should they?
    What do you mean by 'receipt in the box'?

Ive thought about buying a back up for my JXXV, and told myself that if they were still available by tonight I'd do it. So i ordered one lol. These opportunities don't come around very often.

I wonder if they'll continue to get them every so often or if the wholesale supply will cut them off like LilyDirect?

Now is the time to buy guys!

Greedy bastards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll continue to get them every so often or if the wholesale supply will cut them off like LilyDirect?
    What happened with Lily? Did they have the same type of deals and Amouage cut them off? Any reason why?

What happened with Lily? Did they have the same type of deals and Amouage cut them off? Any reason why?
    Somewhere toward the beginning of this year he all of the sudden had almost the entire range. The prices weren't all the same but they were ridiculously cheap. I can tell you that Epic man was just under $140 for a full retail 3.4oz. I remember because I bought it.

That lasted for a week or two, then the prices of his amouage and montale went up to about 10% below retail.
    A lot of basenoters were angry, but he really didn't have any other choice.

Basenotes Plus

What do you mean by 'receipt in the box'
    I had trouble placing my order online, so I called them. It was not an experience that inspired confidence. The woman I spoke to said; "You want to order the Amouage?" "Yes, Opus III." I said. She replied that she couldn't find that, "only Amouage." So I told her "Amouage is the house, like Chanel. The perfume is made by Amouage & called Opus III". Just like Chanel makes No 5." She asked me for the item number, which didn't have either. Finally she said, "Oh here it is Opus L ii". I didn't know if I would get the right item or not until it arrived.

Inside the box was the item & a few Fragrancenet samples & literature but no transaction receipt for the phone order. Other vendors provide a transaction receipt when orders are taken over the phone. Fragrancenet did not.

I thought it odd.

Oh you meant the shipping box. Fragrancenet doesn't give out samples from real perfumes. Just their own brand of oddball stuff.

I began the day all set to buy Guerlain's Voyou when I decided to test my sample of Memoir Man again. Last time I tested it it smelled like an ashtray. Must've been too warm for it because today in the rain, it was smooth...just like I had remembered when testing it initially.

Of course, I sprung for an unboxed 3.4 for $155. Something tells me I may not need Voyou now.

Quote Originally Posted by EncreNous View Post
    I began the day all set to buy Guerlain's Voyou when I decided to test my sample of Memoir Man again. Last time I tested it it smelled like an ashtray. Must've been too warm for it because today in the rain, it was smooth...just like I had remembered when testing it initially.

Of course, I sprung for an unboxed 3.4 for $155. Something tells me I may not need Voyou now.
    Good buy! I almost bought another bottle of Memoir. But i still have 80% left of my 100ML and i really can't see myself using it up in my lifetime. I like it, but just that.

Are there no more testers left? I don't see any available on fnet. Thanks.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Are there no more testers left? I don't see any available on fnet. Thanks.
    No I think they all run out the same day as they were running around $78-$88 depending on perfume or extrait. They seem to still have some no box deals on some of their offerings for about $160ish with the 20-21% discount code. Which is a great deal.

On a side note Memoir Woman is awesome. I have been in a tug or war wearing that and Interlude Man. My only other offering I have had from this house was Jubilation XXV but I place both of these frag above that at the moment with I hope Opus VI on the way.

Good buy! I almost bought another bottle of Memoir. But i still have 80% left of my 100ML and i really can't see myself using it up in my lifetime. I like it, but just that.
    If I was going to buy one bottle of Amouage for a great price it was going to be Memoir. Understated, green, wormwood-y ...perfect.

Received Memoir today and it seems fine. Next up...which Opus to get.

Quote Originally Posted by EncreNous View Post
    If I was going to buy one bottle of Amouage for a great price it was going to be Memoir. Understated, green, wormwood-y ...perfect.

Received Memoir today and it seems fine. Next up...which Opus to get.
    I really like Opus III. Opus VII is fantastic and seems to be the strongest Amouage on me. Opus VI and IV are pretty easy to wear.

Once I can get a good price again for Opus VII and Opus III I'm going to buy bottles.

Out of the 18 Amouage fragrances I own my top 3 still are Epic Man, Gold Man, and Tribute attar.

I really like Opus III. Opus VII is fantastic and seems to be the strongest Amouage on me. Opus VI and IV are pretty easy to wear.

Once I can get a good price again for Opus VII and Opus III I'm going to buy bottles.

Out of the 18 Amouage fragrances I own my top 3 still are Epic Man, Gold Man, and Tribute attar.
    I will wait patiently hoping another blockbuster sale will again exist. Epic, Opus III & Opus VII will be on my want list.