Code of Conduct

Thumbs down One Million Intense: Intensely Derivative

You know, I was just thinking "what we don't have enough of is powdery fruit and tonka (vanilla) scents"; you know, except Boss Bottled, Polo Double Black, Ferrari Black, Mandarina Duck Black, Armani Code, Rocawear Evolution, Versace Eros, CK One Shock for Him, Burberry Brit Rhythym, Burberry London etc etc etc...

The most intense thing about One Million Intense by Paco Rabane, is how intensely derivate it is. This is yet another unisex powderpoof fruity vanilla of the "how's ye father" persuasion. A club scent that didn't need to be released, but which will doubtless sell to millions of high schoolers and college prats looking to score that ever-elusive "panty dropper."

What does it smell like? Like everything else released in the past couple of years, vanilla and fruit top with a tobacco/green note in the drydown. It does add a sickening cherry cough syrup note in the mid that actually makes it less desirable than the colognes it's trying to copy. Honestly how many more of these sad clones do we have to endure. If you have any of the fragrances listed or something that does this, there's no point in owning this, it's a complete waste of money.

If you are actually in highschool, college or on a budget, Mandarina Duck Black is by far the best bang for your buck in this genre, it can be had for $30 for 100 mL (3.4 oz) as opposed to the ludicrous $90+ dollars for the same size of One Million Intense, and actually smells much better.

Default Re: One Million Intense: Intensely Derivative

Not sure about it smelling anything like vanilla but i also dislike it. Really suffocating stuff I think. Original is nice though

Post Thanks / Like

I've not even tried the original yet. I appreciate that they put the stuff in such repelling bottles.

I actually like it better than the original. A little darker and more mature.

Original smells better imo. This one smells like Gucci Made to Measure, just more intense.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    I actually like it better than the original. A little darker....
    Agreed.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

This one works in reverse, the original is the screaming intense one and the flanker is the tame down a couple of nudges down one , I guess some of the perfumers at Paco's are dyslexic ....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents"

I own both and think both are nice. (216)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Original smells better imo. This one smells like Gucci Made to Measure, just more intense.
    Made to Measure is a very poor knock off of One Million to begin with.

Yet this one resembles Made to Measure more than it does the original 1 Million, imo.

An interesting and thoughtful review; I respectfully disagree, however. I just tried 1 Million Intense several days ago, got a sample, and am really liking it. Am doing a full wearing today for the second time. It doesn't strike me as immature at all. The original 1 Million did - or perhaps just way too synthetic. This one is really nice. BTW, I'm in my late forties and usually prefer Bois du Portugal/Tiffany for Men-type fragrances. Looking forward to trying Abolutely Gold, too!
    BNIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, LIDGE, Bentley Intense, DH, Vintage Rive Gauche pH, M7 gel, Roma (women's), MPG Racine, Obsession, etc.:
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Cool Re: One Million Intense: Intensely Derivative

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Yet this one resembles Made to Measure more than it does the original 1 Million, imo.
    Oh hell -- not 2 MTM's on the market or should I say 1000?

Suppose I'll have to try it though