Code of Conduct

Default A Manly one for Women by Chanel: N 19, Crystal or N 5 Eau Premiere?

I have several feminine chypres: Balmain de Balmain, Aromatics Elixir, Ivoire, Chamade and Quartz.

I feel comfortably with Balmain de Balmain, Armatics Elixir and Quartz, Chamade and Ivoire are used by my Wife. Now,I inherited a Chanel N 19 Wify does not use it for she associate Chanel with "old lady" - yes, I know... ridiculous, more even so when A Scent by Issey Miyake is her sgnature scent, this smelling like a less fem Crystal. There is little juice left in N 19.

Now a question: among BNoters, which female present day formulation Chanel would you suggest for a man?

- Crystal, EdT or Parfum?
    - N 19, ditto?
    - N 5 Eau Premiere, ditto?

- I tried all the Coco's, did not like them, too girly.
    - I wore N 5... no way Jos.
    - Chance? Not one.

Suggestions accepted to be tried during my next visit to the local Department Store.

Thaks a lot!

Default Re: A Manly one for Women by Chanel: N 19, Crystal or N 5 Eau Premiere?

Well I cant speak for the ones you mentioned but I own and enjoy Chanel 18, 28, 31 and Bel Respiro
    All wonderful and unisex. My wife agrees.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

I like green chypres, so a resounding yes to Cristalle and No 19, and especially the icy Cristalle. I have not compared the different concentrations, so I cannot tell about them. Usually, edts are more traditionally masculine because fresher, but as said, I don't know in this case. Cristalle eau verte is more citrusy and thus more traditionally masculine, but perhaps the plain Cristalle is more striking.

No 5 eau premiere also goes in a masculine direction because of the citrus, but if you don't like no 5, I find it hard to think you'll like the flanker. (Speaking of which, no 5 does vary somewhat across concentration, with the edp stronger and more woody, edt and especially parfum crisper and thus more masculine).

cacio

I love and wear N19, N5 and Cristalle (all vintage); the recent N19 EDP is also very nice.

No.19 in parfum or EdP would probably work best. I agree with willyb the Excluifs are generally more unisex. Bel Respiro, Scyamore, Cuir de Russie, Bois de Iles, Eau de Cologne would work equally well on a guy. I enjoy the EdT if you get the chance try the CdR and BdI in parfum. I tend to layer the EdT and parfums for a 'rounder' experience.

Stick to the Chanel masculines which are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I have several feminine chypres: Balmain de Balmain, Aromatics Elixir, Ivoire, Chamade and Quartz.

I feel comfortably with Balmain de Balmain, Armatics Elixir and Quartz, Chamade and Ivoire are used by my Wife. Now,I inherited a Chanel N 19 Wify does not use it for she associate Chanel with "old lady" - yes, I know... ridiculous, more even so when A Scent by Issey Miyake is her sgnature scent, this smelling like a less fem Crystal. There is little juice left in N 19.

Now a question: among BNoters, which female present day formulation Chanel would you suggest for a man?

- Crystal, EdT or Parfum?
    - N 19, ditto?
    - N 5 Eau Premiere, ditto?

- I tried all the Coco's, did not like them, too girly.
    - I wore N 5... no way Jos.
    - Chance? Not one.

Suggestions accepted to be tried during my next visit to the local Department Store.

Thaks a lot!
    I recently got some older N 19 EDT and despite what many say, I really don't find it suitable for men. I understand when people say it smells 'old', it does smell a bit dated, just like N 5 in that respect. So if you don't find N 5 dated then N 19 might be to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    No.19 in parfum or EdP would probably work best. I agree with willyb the Excluifs are generally more unisex. Bel Respiro, Scyamore, Cuir de Russie, Bois de Iles, Eau de Cologne would work equally well on a guy. I enjoy the EdT if you get the chance try the CdR and BdI in parfum. I tend to layer the EdT and parfums for a 'rounder' experience.
    I tried them all, the only ones I could feel comfy with are Cuir de Russie and Sycomore. I found the rest too girly for my tastes - I have a sample of Jersey, one spritz works wonderfully for layering with PuH. I wanted to buy a full bottle but upon a full trial I arrived to the conclusion that a spritz from a big bottle would totally overshadow PuH in favor of Jersey's fem nusances.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Except for the classics (Egiste, Egiste Platinum, Pour Homme, Pour Homme Concentre and Antaeus) I find the rest not very appealing. I am into chypres right now, thus the question.

Now, if Eau Premiere is a tone down N 5, well, I will pass.

Thank y'all for your suggestions!

Eau Premire is like Chanel no 5's college bound younger sister.
    KCCO!

In my personal opinion, No.19 and Cristalle in any formulation are easily wearable unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In my personal opinion, No.19 and Cristalle in any formulation are easily wearable unisex.
    So far it looks like it... Ruled out the Cocos, going to test these.

Thanks Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Would agree with this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hednic, yes! I read your op abut this issue. Well, I am curious: will see what comes after a trial.