Code of Conduct

Default Just recevied Dior Homme Intense and I don't think I like it.

Just opened a brand new 150ml bottle of Dior Homme Intense and I'm not so sure I like it. Smelled it on a paper strip a few days ago and thought it smelled really nice, but on me it doesn't smell the same.
    Last edited by lpp; 6th November 2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: swap offer

Default Re: Just recevied Dior Homme Intense and I don't think I like it.

Doesn't help you went with the 150 ml.

I'd wear it a few more times before making a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Doesn't help you went with the 150 ml.

Yeah I know, but I thought it was really nice before I bought it, so always get the biggest bottle if I can.

The wonderful smell kicks in after 10 - 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    The wonderful smell kicks in after 10 - 20 minutes.
    Maybe I should give it some time then. I was wondering why it smelled so nice on the paper strip and so different when I sprayed it on.

It is quite strong on first application though!

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's been just over an hour and I can't say I'm blown away.
    Last edited by lpp; 6th November 2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: swap offer

You're sure you smelled the Intense version at a store? You may have the regular edt mixed up with intense, which is, intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by MFM View Post
    Just opened a brand new 150ml bottle of Dior Homme Intense and I'm not so sure I like it. Smelled it on a paper strip a few days ago and thought it smelled really nice, but on me it doesn't smell the same.

Hmmm, what to do. Swapsies?
    I don't mind the regular Dior Homme but I much prefer the Intense version. Are you sure you didn't confuse the two when you originally tried? Intense is great and it gets better as it goes along, give it some tie.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Give it some time..
    1 wear and it's hard to decide

The iris in the beginning can come off as a little hard to swallow, but each time you wear it, the more you will learn to appreciate it imo. The drydown is phenomenal though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Too bad that you don't like this one. The good thing is you won't have a problem selling it. A lot of basenoters love DHI.

NOW, you know, scents on a scent strip are very linear...but when sprayed into your skin it's basically blended with your skin chemistry: some of us have stronger chemistry or weaker, certain skins parts are warmer then other's extremities on other's parts. I hope you get my drift never judge a scent on a strip(Biggest mistake) or you will be disappointed, best way is to get a small decant and use it for a whole day and let it confront daily grind and then you can make a fair analysis..

btw: I disliked DHI on my first take and was not fond on 2nd try but in the third, I made a 180 and love it and consider it a master piece and very different then all the ones I have in my wardrobe and IMHO the sexiest sex appeal inducing frag out there.Should He Change Jobs?...Cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    [INDENT]NOW, you know, scents on a scent strip are very linear...but when sprayed into your skin it's basically blended with your skin chemistry
    Yep, I've definitely realized this now. I still can't believe just how different it smells. And no, I didn't smell the normal Dior Homme before as I specifically looked for Intense.

Hmmm, seems everyone loves it and from what I've read, very few people liked it the first time they smelled it. Seems I will have to try it again just to be sure. I had a look and can't put it in the market place on here anyway as I haven't been here long enough.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th November 2013 at 04:07 PM.

You will like this, I assure you. Try it again in a couple of weeks and then a week after that before making your mind up.

Sometimes the lipstick opening turns people off real quick.

Ebay's your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    btw: I disliked DHI on my first take and was not fond on 2nd try but in the third, I made a 180 and love it and consider it a master piece and very different then all the ones I have in my wardrobe and IMHO the sexiest sex appeal inducing frag out there.Should He Change Jobs?...Cheerios
    I haven't liked it the 2 times I did try it. Maybe I need to try it for a 3rd time.

@ MFM - Ebay might be the way to go - or look at other people's Marketplace 'Wanted' or 'Swap' listings as you may reply to those.
    This thread should really be deleted......

Wearing something three times before making a decision seems counter-intuitive. If how you smell to others matters a whit, then the idea of somewhere around 24 hours of unappealing or middling exposure on your own skin should equate to several weeks of encounters with co-workers and acquaintances with a similar poor impression until they 'get it'. Which may never happen since they don't have the psychological influence of favorable reviews, the price of the purchase, and the bottle sitting on the shelf.

If you change your mind after further empirical tests : I will give you my address, so you can ship it to me��...Cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Give it time. I know from experience that sometimes it just takes time. I used to h a t e Fahrenheit, today I can't imagine my collection without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Give it time. I know from experience that sometimes it just takes time. I used to h a t e Fahrenheit, today I can't imagine my collection without it.
    Wow, can't believed you hated Fahrenheit ...that a gem from the Go: I was tween when I first smelled it and made it mined...Gorgeous is the vintage and beautiful is the reformulations since then...they have kept the overall sense of the notes just potency is a bit lacking from what it was....this is my Babe.....Cheerios

noses so differ more times then others....

I agree with the majority on here you need to give it more of a chance. Sometimes a fragrance takes a little familiarity with the notes to gain a love for it. Also, some dry downs are awesome were as the top notes to get you there are sensed as scrubber material and on occasion vise-versa.

Don't believe the hype
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by maricle View Post
    Wearing something three times before making a decision seems counter-intuitive. If how you smell to others matters a whit, then the idea of somewhere around 24 hours of unappealing or middling exposure on your own skin should equate to several weeks of encounters with co-workers and acquaintances with a similar poor impression until they 'get it'. Which may never happen since they don't have the psychological influence of favorable reviews, the price of the purchase, and the bottle sitting on the shelf.

This is how I always looked at fragrances. I don't ever want to "force" myself to like something. If I wore Xerjoff Zafar every day for a year, I would probably get used to it. But people I walk past will still think I crapped my pants. People who work in a slaughterhouse for years get used to the smell, but it's still not something that fashion should be built upon.

Too many things to love at first sniff to waste time on ones you don't. Well, unless you already bought a 150ml bottle or something - then you way want to give it a few more tries! But after that, if you still don't think it speaks to you, you will have no problem selling it, since many people do love it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    This is how I always looked at fragrances. I don't ever want to "force" myself to like something. If I wore Xerjoff Zafar every day for a year, I would probably get used to it. But people I walk past will still think I crapped my pants. People who work in a slaughterhouse for years get used to the smell, but it's still not something that fashion should be built upon.

Too many things to love at first sniff to waste time on ones you don't. Well, unless you already bought a 150ml bottle or something - then you way want to give it a few more tries! But after that, if you still don't think it speaks to you, you will have no problem selling it, since many people do love it.
    Exactly my thoughts. If I don't instantly like the smell of something, it's very rare that I will like it later on.

I've just had a shower and thought I'd give it another try, and to be honest, I'm not feeling it.

Well if you liked it and you would put on DHI every day you still would take like a year and a half to empty that bottle of 150 ml. What were you thinking!!!

No seriously. Put the bottle away for a few weeks and if you don't like it if you revisit it after that time, put it on a nice place in your favorite room of the house to remind you never blind buy or buy without multiple testing on skin again.

I have such a bottle too. For me that's 50 ml I Love New York For All by Bond No 9. Digusting juice IMO.

Aaaaand it's on ebay.

I'm totally with you on this one man! In full disclosure, I have not had a full wearing yet....however I have tried it multiple times with a couple sprays on the back of my hand. Got a 10ml decant a couple months and just don't get much cocoa at all, also I thought this thing was a longevity and projection beast?! Well, not on me it isn't...but again, can't fully judge until I get a full wearing or two in. But right now, I'm MUCH more impressed with the cocoa note and strength I get from my LIDGE sample using the same back of my hand testing!
    Last edited by bigbz; 6th November 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Just tried DHI for the first time today..First impression, It is good to ok, put it on at 8:30 was still strong at 3... I had to spray it again a hour ago, Now I cant get enough!!!!! Never smelled anything like this ..2nd impression Wowwwwww

Here;s what I do:

1. Buy a tiny sample to try on your skin.

2. If you like it, get a larger sample in a spray bottle.

3. Then you can decide after a few wearings to make a FB purchase.

If you end up really not liking this one, it can easily be sold - it's very popular.

Sometimes i think it is a great frag, sometimes i don't think so, that's why I got rid of full bottles of DHI and kept a decant for eventual wearings.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you're already selling it. To bad you didn't like it on your skin.

I was going to say that spraying on clothes will usually result in the scent behaving more like it does on the test strip.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Don't believe the hype

simple. your nose isnt lying to you.

Yeah I know, but I thought it was really nice before I bought it
    ...you mean, you thought it was really nice on PAPER. Keep spraying it on paper and it'll have a smell you really like. But if you bought it to wear on skin, you need to spray it on skin to test it on skin.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

You gotta get the vintage juice bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    You gotta get the vintage juice bro.
    I hear it smells great on paper
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

While I'd give anything a few shots, I agree that first impressions are a lot more important than some here give ti credit for. While many do not care and sometime worried about too much, remember that your first impression of a fragrance is going to generally be what people in the outside world will smell when they smell you. Over time your nose will likely learn to interpret the scent molecules differently than when your first encountered that smell in the wild. Its often why non-fragrance types often have seemingly random and bizarre descriptions of fragrances that seem wildly different than what they are, their nose just doesn't know how to process it. Its one of the reasons designer fragrances can seem to be generic, manufactures know which chemicals and combination of chemicals tend to be interpreted favorable by the average, untrained nose.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    ...you mean, you thought it was really nice on PAPER. Keep spraying it on paper and it'll have a smell you really like. But if you bought it to wear on skin, you need to spray it on skin to test it on skin.
    To be honest, this is the first fragrance that smells completely different on my skin than on paper. I never knew there could be such a difference, otherwise I would have tried it on my skin. Mind you, if I did the first time round, I would have made a few gagging noises to let the woman behind the counter know how much I liked it.

I hated it the first time I smelled it. Then, I fell in love with it after having the balls to give it a full days worth of wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    The iris in the beginning can come off as a little hard to swallow, but each time you wear it, the more you will learn to appreciate it imo. The drydown is phenomenal though.
    +1

I did a blind buy on this based on the hype last year. When it arrived, I was so excited to give it a try and when I did, I wasn't in love with it. After wearing it a few times, I grew to love it and now I have 3 bottles of it.

Exactly my thoughts. If I don't instantly like the smell of something, it's very rare that I will like it later on.

I've just had a shower and thought I'd give it another try, and to be honest, I'm not feeling it.
    I agree with your statement. Also , not my type of scent, unfortunately