Code of Conduct

Default The Mythical Chanel Antaeus Sport Cologne

I snapped this out of the June 1988 US copy of GQ.

Does anyone have this or remember seeing it? I imagine it may been US only because of the 'cologne' tag.

regards

Default Re: The Mythical Chanel Antaeus Sport Cologne

I own this. One of the better Sport fragrances along with Santos Eau de Sport by Cartier.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own this. One of the better Sport fragrances along with Santos Eau de Sport by Cartier.
    Why does that not surprise me?

Basenotes Plus

I have it as well, but only a small "mini" bottle. It is glorious. Don't let the "Sport" in the name mislead you - this one is actually stronger and projects a lot more than the regular Antaeus. Absolutely love this one, wish I could locate a bigger bottle...

I have it too.

It's perfect for those who find the regular edt a little too strong, like me, I's still Antaeus though - just a smoother version, with surprisingly good longevity and projecton. I highly recommend it.

Purchased a 3/4 full tester from a perfume vendor who didn't want to sell it to me.
    Gave him what he asked $35.00, a steal, and it is a slightly lighter version of Antaeus.
    Thanks for reminding me, I will have to do a side-by-side comparison with a vintage bottle
    that still has 20 ml remaining.
    I smell marshmallows!

I found a bottle on eBay finally.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    I found a bottle on eBay finally.
    Lucky you! Congrats!
    (1627)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lucky you! Congrats!
    (1627)
    Thanks. It's a 100ml spray. In truth, I've looked every day for six months!

Regards

I have a mini bottle of the sport and a full bottle of the current formulation. Between the two the Sport is slightly better but when my mini bottle runs out I won't be sad since Antaeus current version is so good. The Sport is a little smoother, especially at the top. This was my first Chanel scent and since I've become a fan of the house.

I got it off Ebay for 45 bucks lmao , sealed! I have to yet to receive it, will report once I get it.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with most everyone's comments, this was a pleasant surprise when I got a sample from a kind Basenoter. In fact, it's a bit 'easier' to wear, here in warm Miami, than the original. The 'sport' elements in this are not annoying & trite.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I received it today. Its similar to Antaeus, but smoother and lighter, with a honeyed patchouli and woody note so far. This seems more woody and less herbal.

I gave this a full wearing, This would actually work as a fragrance today because of its rose-patch-sandalwood notes

I have worn this several times since receiving it. This is much more wearable than the original. The original is very mossy and green. The sport is more floral and woody. The sandalwood note I find is very dominant in it and gives it a balmy mellow vibe. If they reissued Sport again, with more sandalwood and rose with a bit of incense, this would be a hit.

Basenotes Institution

Interesting - I missed the prominent sandalwood. I gave away my sample to an Antaeus fan a couple weeks ago. It's not really my type of scent, I must admit.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I have a decant of this one and i like it much better than the regular Antaeus. I wonder why it was discontinued, it has a classic leathery vibe but much more relaxed.

Santos Sport is another interesting and unusal Sport fragrance Hednic. I remember that on my former collection days i won an auction of it, but at that time i didn't appreciated the galbanum on it and ended selling it.Too bad, i guess that today i'd like it.

My little decant of Antaeus Sport is long gone. I enjoyed it. I have a full bottle of Cartier's Santos Sport, I find it to be one of the best "sport" scents...really enjoy wearing it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..