Code of Conduct

Default Can a Male pull off Amouage Memoir Woman?

I haven't got concise notification it's coming but I picked up what I think is a steal for a 1.7oz Amouage Memoir Woman Extrait. Can a male pull this one off? If not I feel with Christmas around the corner it would probably make a good gift. If anyone that presently owns it that can shed some light if it can be unisex please let me know. I have tried to search our archives and have seen a couple of male members like it better than Memoir Man but didn't elaborate beyond that.

Thanks.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Can a Male pull off Amouage Memoir Woman?

I say yes , a male can wear Memoir Woman .
    Congrats on the extrait- I used to have the EDP .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I was in a thread where many gents prefer Memoir Woman over Memoir Man. I'm sure you can pull it off
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Absolutely! I love Memoir Man, but I find that many of the Amouage scents actually smell better in their "woman" version (Epic, for example).

If you can wear Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense, you will have no problem wearing Memoir Woman. Memoir Woman is even more masculine ( or less feminine) than DH or DHI. All my current Amouage scents are woman btw and totally unisex. Memoir woman is one of them.

The last remark really made me feel better as a reference point. Thank you all for the input.

Mimi: did you just get tired of the fragrance and moved on to pastures green?

Deadidol: I had heard Epic woman was a great fragrance. I'll keep an eye out for that one when a deal exists.

CapriDog: I really like the intense version of Dior Homme so that comment made my day.

Vintage Poison: Do you have any links to the thread in question?

If you feel comfortable, go for it.

No issue here if it's your cup of tea...enjoy

PS: Me personally , I rather have a Memoir woman all over me then A Memoir Man.....LOL
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I am really excited now. Shipping confirmation says it is on it's way. I can't wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Vintage Poison: Do you have any links to the thread in question?
    No, sorry!

But here are a couple reviews on it from Fragrantica by some dudes:

-----------------------------------------

"After trying a few days of Memoir Man I moved onto Memoir Woman.

Initial impression is wow, can I wear this instead? Starting out with a short lived orange settling to pink pepper and green wormwood with a floral contribution (from the white flowers?). After a few hours in the incense wafts around with rose and woods and jasmine and eventually a mossy musk. Sillage will have you walking around with nose pressed to wrist and over twelve hours useful life. Unisex and combines well with Memoir Man."

--------------------------------------

"Agree with all the good words about Memoir Woman. Originally planned to buy Memoir Man, but got curious and picked up the bottle of Memoir Woman in front to give it a sniff. Sprayed some on the test strip for a second sniff and then switched to spray on the back of my right hand for the third sniff. Waited for about 15 minutes and gave my right hand another sniff. OK! Forget Memoir Man. I'm taking Memoir Woman home."

--------------------

If you like it, go for it. Don't let the name deter you. I think it's unfortunate that Amouage ties "gender" with their fragrance names as those who are more hung up on gender tend to miss out on great scents out of fear.
    Last edited by VintagePoison; 9th November 2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Thank you VintagePoison I hope I will echo that persons review. He is definitely happy in his own element.

Wear it with pride, I think most of the Amouage Woman scents are pretty unisex, with the possible exception of Lyric. Well, and I haven't smelled Honour, Ciel or Beloved

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Wear it with pride, I think most of the Amouage Woman scents are pretty unisex, with the possible exception of Lyric. Well, and I haven't smelled Honour, Ciel or Beloved
    This is outstanding! I also feel even better with the price point achieved as this is a truly remarkable scent. Definitely unisex as I was a little apprehensive whether I could pull this one off. I must get a couple more wears under my belt to grab its true colors but yesterday evening I couldn't stop grinning when I caught a waft of it. As so many have said I will now take into consideration Epic woman as this seems to be well received by many of the male gender reviewers.

Smells even better layered with Memoir Man.

I love both male and female versions of Dia.

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    Smells even better layered with Memoir Man.

I love both male and female versions of Dia.
    I have heard that over on another site. I will have to get Memoir Man next then. I just purchase Opus VI so I need to take a breather for a while.