Code of Conduct

Default Do you prefer the regular Amouage EDP or the Extrait de parfum version?

Do you prefer the regular Amouage EDP or the Amouage Extrait de parfum version? I believe there are only 3 Extrait de parfum from Amouage released...I may be wrong... all are offered only in the women version of... Epic, Lyrics and Jubilation... I have the Epic Woman Extrait coming in the mail soon, so just wanted to know what everyone think of the extrait version compared to the regular EDP.... which one is better?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Do you prefer the regular Amouage EDP or the Extrait de parfum version?

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Do you prefer the regular Amouage EDP or the Amouage Extrait de parfum version? I believe there are only 3 Extrait de parfum from Amouage released...I may be wrong... all are offered only in the women version of... Epic, Lyrics and Jubilation... I have the Epic Woman Extrait coming in the mail soon, so just wanted to know what everyone think of the extrait version compared to the regular EDP.... which one is better?
    Also, Memoir Woman has an extrait version which soon will be in my possession. These generally command a much greater price than their EDP counterparts due to their strength. Even one spray could be nuclear so be very careful on the trigger.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Do you prefer the regular Amouage EDP or the Extrait de parfum version?

LOL, I don't know about Interlude Woman or the Extrait version, but Intelude Man is *thermonuclear*!! I can't imagine anything stronger than this. This one will survive couple showers, covering it up with other fragrances, 45 minutes in a hot tub, and on clothes - probably couple wash cycles. It's a legendary beast.

The Lyric extrait did not seem any more potent or special than the edp to me.

I much prefer Lyric Extrait over the EdP as it is considerably darker, denser (very oily - wears close to the skin, but all day long), animalic. I no longer really care about the EdP.

Interesting. Do you guys know if the extrait de parfum strength are available as testers in department stores that stock Amouage? I'd like to try them out before buying. I am particularly interested in Epic extrait and would like to explore many others too.

If I recall correctly, trebor sampled them at the Amouage Boutique in London. There should be a corresponding thread archived here. In my case I blind bought the extrait and was more than happy with it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    ....Intelude Man is *thermonuclear*!! I can't imagine anything stronger than this...
    Opus VI? The only Amouage that scares this lover of powerhouses.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Opus VI? The only Amouage that scares this lover of powerhouses.
    Hopefully, I will get a confirmation on this and Interlude Man. Do they strike a similar vibe.

Basenotes Plus

I have Opus VI and while it is strong, it's nowhere near Interlude potency. Interlude is in a league of its own...