Code of Conduct

Default Franck Olivier Black Touch (very similar to Terre D'Hermes )

Recently I have been looking into under rated inexpensive high quality fragrances which I never even looked at in the past. Few months back I found Ted Lapidus Altamir, which is a wonderful boozy amber fragrance.
    This month I found Franck Olivier's Black Touch. It takes the darkness of Encre Noire and blends it with TDH, its very nice!
    Longevity is excellent , sillage is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Franck Olivier Black Touch (very similar to Terre D'Hermes )

I bought Black Touch about a year ago after hearing it was very similar to TdH, but having never smelt the latter I was unable to compare. Tried a couple times and did one full wearing, then sold it on ebay a couple months ago. From what I read TdH has a strong citrus note and I just didn't get any of that from BT...just a dark earthy, nutty smell.(peanuts???) I have since discovered heavy vetiver scents just aren't my thing, live and learn

But like you, I have been on a big inexpensive scent kick lately and am getting some really great ones!!!(360 black, diesel plus plus, samba kiss me and skin to name a few) And unfortunately a couple of ones that just didn't do it for me(jacomo silver, EC carte blanche and 7 wonders) But Altamir is something that has peaked my interest lately, the only thing scarring me away from it...is that I've seen it compared to Fleur Du Male which I couldn't stand. WAY too floral for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Obtw-have a bottle of Franck Olivier's Sunrise which is pretty good as a summer/spring cologne...supposed to be just like AF fierce? Here again though I've never tried the latter, so don't know if it's true or not...but good on it's own merit IMO

NO way, Altamir is nothing like Fleur du Male, its more in the same vein as Gaultier 2 but more complex.
    Peanuts ?? On my skin its a dark TDH, Easily one of my best blind buys. Also a lot of the reviewers on Fragrantica concur that it is in the same vein as TDH.

I too have been beating the Black Touch drum. This might be my best buy fragrance (price vs quality) I love this fragrance.
    I also have Altamir which is a wonderful boozy vanilla fragrance.
    You have very good taste vinramani09

- - - Updated - - -

vinramani09, I also enjoy searching for the standout cheapies. I have been thinking about several lately.
    Jacomo for men(silver)
    Mauboussin M Generation
    And Franck Olivier Sun Java White
    These all sound like interesting and good under the radar frags.
    I don't want to hijack yoir Black Touch thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Really only smell vetiver. Starts off dry and then gets a bit creamy. Not bad at all, just not a lot of development for me. I wear it a fair amount, but don't see the TdH comparison. Haven't smelled EN, but guess it can't be too far off with the amount of vetiver that comes through.

Also own Franck Olivier's Black Touch and like it quite a bit.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothie72 View Post
    I too have been beating the Black Touch drum. This might be my best buy fragrance (price vs quality) I love this fragrance.
    I also have Altamir which is a wonderful boozy vanilla fragrance.
    You have very good taste vinramani09

- - - Updated - - -

vinramani09, I also enjoy searching for the standout cheapies. I have been thinking about several lately.
    Jacomo for men(silver)
    Mauboussin M Generation
    And Franck Olivier Sun Java White
    These all sound like interesting and good under the radar frags.
    I don't want to hijack yoir Black Touch thread.
    Thank you so much for the compliment!
    Yes I think its important also to look into inexpensive fragrances because, they are hidden gems among them which even put designer fragrances to shame.
    I HIGHLY recommend this fragrance!
    Last edited by vinramani09; 7th November 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, glad to hear Altamir is nothing like FdM!!! Lapidus makes great stuff at a great price point...will definitely have to try it now! Thanks for the info fellas, it's much appreciated.

Might have to check that one out. Have quite a few cheapies that I like better than more expensive fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    I bought Black Touch about a year ago after hearing it was very similar to TdH, but having never smelt the latter I was unable to compare. Tried a couple times and did one full wearing, then sold it on ebay a couple months ago. From what I read TdH has a strong citrus note and I just didn't get any of that from BT...just a dark earthy, nutty smell.(peanuts???) I have since discovered heavy vetiver scents just aren't my thing, live and learn

But like you, I have been on a big inexpensive scent kick lately and am getting some really great ones!!!(360 black, diesel plus plus, samba kiss me and skin to name a few) And unfortunately a couple of ones that just didn't do it for me(jacomo silver, EC carte blanche and 7 wonders) But Altamir is something that has peaked my interest lately, the only thing scarring me away from it...is that I've seen it compared to Fleur Du Male which I couldn't stand. WAY too floral for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Obtw-have a bottle of Franck Olivier's Sunrise which is pretty good as a summer/spring cologne...supposed to be just like AF fierce? Here again though I've never tried the latter, so don't know if it's true or not...but good on it's own merit IMO
    I have been buying a few Franck Olivier fragrances lately.
    Sunrise smells like Mont Blanc Legend, which is pretty close to Fierce....
    I have Black Touch, Blue Touch, Passion, Eau de Passion,Sunrise and Sun Java. I still need to get Sun Java White(which smells like SMW).
    I bought myself a backup bottle of Black Touch too.... That's how much I like it....
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    I have been buying a few Franck Olivier fragrances lately.
    Sunrise smells like Mont Blanc Legend, which is pretty close to Fierce....
    I have Black Touch, Blue Touch, Passion, Eau de Passion,Sunrise and Sun Java. I still need to get Sun Java White(which smells like SMW).
    I bought myself a backup bottle of Black Touch too.... That's how much I like it....
    Hey Snaggy! Yeah I had heard that MB Legend was along the same lines and so decided not to pick it up. But have a couple Mont Blanc scents and they are pretty good for the price also You know Sun Java has always peaked my interest as well(the white flanker too)and was wondering what/if anything you could compare it to?!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Hey Snaggy! Yeah I had heard that MB Legend was along the same lines and so decided not to pick it up. But have a couple Mont Blanc scents and they are pretty good for the price also You know Sun Java has always peaked my interest as well(the white flanker too)and was wondering what/if anything you could compare it to?!
    Hi Bigbz,
    Sun Java is pretty close to Dunhill Desire (red bottle). Pretty decent fragrance for $15

By the way, the Samba Kiss Me I received was "Made in France", just like yours. And I like it a lot.... Thanks for the tip!
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bigbz,
    Sun Java is pretty close to Dunhill Desire (red bottle). Pretty decent fragrance for $15

By the way, the Samba Kiss Me I received was "Made in France", just like yours. And I like it a lot.... Thanks for the tip!

Like Dunhill Desire Red huh?! That definitely gets my attention, since I've heard very good things about that one.

Right on! Yeah I was gonna send you a message and see if you got it yet and what you thought? Super glad to hear you like it!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Bigbz,

Like Dunhill Desire Red huh?! That definitely gets my attention, since I've heard very good things about that one.

Right on! Yeah I was gonna send you a message and see if you got it yet and what you thought? Super glad to hear you like it!