Code of Conduct

Default Is there anything wrong with spraying cologne on your clothes?

Could spraying cologne on your clothes be an acceptable alternative to spraying on your skin?

Whats your take?

Default Re: Is there anything wrong with spraying cologne on your clothes?

Spraying on clothes is an excellent method that will make a scent last a long time (though perhaps they won't project as strongly in the top).

The downside is that you will have to wear the same perfume for as long as you're wearing said dress (and sometimes light washing isn't enough to eliminate strong perfumes). Also, some perfumes can discolor or stain certain fabrics, so make sure you test first in a hidden spot.

Spraying on hair has a similar effect, as hair keeps scent very well.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Spraying on clothes is an excellent method that will make a scent last a long time (though perhaps they won't project as strongly in the top).

The downside is that you will have to wear the same perfume for as long as you're wearing said dress (and sometimes light washing isn't enough to eliminate strong perfumes). Also, some perfumes can discolor or stain certain fabrics, so make sure you test first in a hidden spot.

Spraying on hair has a similar effect, as hair keeps scent very well.

cacio
    Oh ok. I'm fine with that. I usually stick to 1 cologne at a time.

Personally never spray on clothes but many people find it a viable alternative and a satisfying one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Whichever method works well for you is a perfectly acceptable method. Your hobby. Your rules.

I agree with Diamondflame, though would just say it's worth experimenting. I tried Miller Harris' L'air de Rein when someone spritzed it on me, missing my wrist entirely and getting it all over my jacket sleeve. I hated it! The jacket stunk and it would not come out. However a little while later (not realising it was the same scent) I tried it again somewhere else. This time I did it myself and got it on my skin. I own a bottle now. The smell is completely and utterly delicious on my skin but it smelt awful on fabric. Long story short I guess it's worth experimenting to see which scents smell better on your skin and which your clothes.

I only spray on skin. Apart from the staining issue I believe that perfumes smell better, develop more/faster and react to body heat more when sprayed on skin.

I usually spray on my hair and clothes. I heard spraying on your hair was a great way to make the scent last longer, and linger wherever you go!

Do it all the time, depending on the fragrance. Usually do this with fragrances with low projection.

I've sprayed on my neck & clothes my whole life.

I couldn't imagine spraying my hair with perfume everyday. I think it'd dry out & fall.

- - - Updated - - -

I've sprayed on my neck & clothes my whole life.

I couldn't imagine spraying my hair with perfume everyday. I think it'd dry out & fall.

for swap/sale:

Who ever said, hair will or might fall off if scented with frag, is totally wrong , women have being doing for ages and men for along time also with hair sprays that are highly chemical: look if you are gonna lose your full set of hair and go bald , sirs there is no frag invented(created)that induces baldness or thinness but genetics, so please ..stop it With that MYTH! One word of advise though, becarefull with amber color scents as some not all, can stain your light color undershirts, dress shirts..etc.

Btw ...They are favorite parts to be sprayed on by many and heat prone spots like pulse points, also behind the neck(spraying hair also) etc etc
    It's anarchy time in the spraying yourself with juice business buddy, but use wise judgment for every particular scent had it strength or weakness : you must gauge with caution amount of sprays to reach the heights of enjoying well made juice....Cheerios
    Last edited by magnus611; 7th November 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I usually put on 5 sprays... one on each side of the neck, one on each forearm or wrist and then
    one smack dab in the middle of the chest on top of my shirt. So yes, on the clothes is
    totally fine and it works well.

Nothing wrong with spraying on clothes at all.

No problem on spraying on my T-shirt under my regular shirt. In fact if I have a nice fragrance that loses longevity it helps me to gain a couple more hours out of it during the day. I normally spray on my chest so I get about the same affect by spraying on my T-shirt in about the same location.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Every now and then I do with no issues

Basenotes Plus

i do it from time to time, whenever I'm wearing a fragrance that doesn't perform as well as i would like it to. theres nothing wrong with it. if you need that added longevity then go for it

Basenotes Junkie

I always do a spray or two on the front of my shirt after my spraying on skin routine, unless it's a white shirt i' wearing.

After reading the comments above, I think I need to try this at least once in my life just to see what others are experiencing but I'll need to choose a crappy shirt of mine to try this out on.
    (804)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Never tried this either, only pulse points. Going to experiment with hair.

Basenotes Plus

Nothing at all! I prefer applying fragrance to my clothes. Change of clothes equals change of fragrance

I've been spraying my shirts for years. Works great for me.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

I primarily spray on skin. Then, I walk into a scent cloud with my clothes on (you spray it right in front you and walk into the spray). Avoid the hair... Dries it out.

I grew up spraying on the shirt (or clothes). I never knew that perfumes are supposed to be applied
    on skin untill I came to basenotes.

A typical frag wear for me: 2 sprays on left wrest, 2 on the righ, 2 on the skin of my hands, 2 under each ear, 1 in the neck, That is for the skin.
    Then, 2 in the middle of my shirt, 2 on each sleeve and finall 2 general sprays from a distance.

I don't spray my clothes. Only the mist that's from spraying my neck is the juice I put on clothes.

Sometimes I spray on the clothes as well, but this depends on how light the sillage is.
    Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; but the heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as a fragrant forest.

Well I did not originally spray on my cloths intentionally.... it usually happened when the sprayer was pointed in the wrong direction and my shirt got a blast....Which is not good when using vintage Kouros......

But I have found that its a great way to make lighter - shorter lived fragrances last longer.