Code of Conduct

Default Whats your opinion on Montblanc Legend?

Do you like the scent? Does it smell too similar to Abercombie Fitch Fierce?

Default Re: Whats your opinion on Montblanc Legend?

It's a decent and versatile scent. I do find it very similar to Fierce, but that's not a bad thing. About half the price of Fierce too.

It's very well constructed scent that stood the test of time since its launch among many crowded releases over the past 3 years.

I don't find it similar to neither Fierce nor PE.

I think it has its own uniqueness and it's very good.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

It's a very nice scent IMO and glad it's in my collection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I like it but don't own it. I should own it. It's just really good. Similar to Fierce, yes.

Very solid and versatile. Better than 90% of the department store stuff.

Heavy on the iso like Fierce. Don't they have a new intense version that just came out? I wonder how that is?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Being honest-it's an ok run of the mill clubbing scent..
    similar to the 1 Million's of the world

Decent fragrance. Kind of under the radar. Will probably purchase a bottle one day.

It's similar to Fierce, but it's not a clone. I like it well enough, but I don't need to go out and buy a bottle when I have so many others on my list to get first. I already have Fierce in my collection, but Legend is better and more well made.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    It's similar to Fierce, but it's not a clone. I like it well enough, but I don't need to go out and buy a bottle when I have so many others on my list to get first. I already have Fierce in my collection, but Legend is better and more well made.
    I'm in the same boat. I already have Fierce (its the only cologne I use). So I'm reluctant to buy Legend because I want to branch out.

I like Legend because it's unisex; it has that soft perfume smell.

Just 'meh' for me

I don't recalled exactly , but I tested it out@ Seohora : it reminded me of cool water...go figure!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I like it. It's a bit loud on my skin. I prefer the quieter summer version I saw at the shops earlier this year. (But I didn't buy it.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Basenotes Plus

I've been wearing it a lot recently to get a review/rating on it. I really enjoy this fragrance. I think my only main complaints is its lack of uniqueness and its tackiness of the bottle. It seems like a run-of-the-mill mall scent but it is so well made I had to buy it anyway. To me, I think the bottle and cap are a little tacky compared to most designers so if you're a collector you might want to consider that factor.

The projection and longevity are exactly what I look for in a fragrance. Not too heavy or lingering but enough to get a good use. The price of the bottle is also nice given the average price of designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I already have Fierce (its the only cologne I use). So I'm reluctant to buy Legend because I want to branch out.

I like Legend because it's unisex; it has that soft perfume smell.
    If you don't own many fragrances and already have Fierce then it might not be a good buy for you. It's similar to Fierce but I can definitely tell a difference. If you're looking to branch out then skip it but otherwise I'd buy it as a complimentary bottle to Fierce.

Haven't tried Legend yet, but own Franck Olivier Sunrise because I was told it was very similar to both Fierce and Legend. And it's a great scent, very affordable too....think my 2.5oz bottle was between $15 and $20.

I've had other people ask if I was wearing Abercrombie or curve, and said I smelled like a frat house.

Smell is nice. But I don't ever wear it due to this association.

Quote Originally Posted by mtheory8 View Post
    I've had other people ask if I was wearing Abercrombie or curve, and said I smelled like a frat house.

Smell is nice. But I don't ever wear it due to this association.
    Smells like both of those. Intense is a sweet/spicy/fresh Spicebomb like frag.

What's the projection/longevity like on this? Is it better than Sunrise by Franck Olivier?

Looking for a cheaper A&F Fierce to wear in the office and these two seem to be the closest in scent. Which one performs better?

I don't have any experience with Sunrise, but I do own both Legend and Fierce and they smell pretty much identical. If anything, maybe a slight edge to Legend performance wise.
    Legend is my favorite fragrance by the way. The Intense version is really good as well.

Might have to blind buy this from all beauty hmm

It's good until it hits a weird plasticy synthetic vibe.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Legend is good, but believe it or not Kenneth Cole's Mankind is similar but more refined and just a more interesting and unique scent. I couldn't believe it at first - I was *wowed* by a KC fragrance, a brand I normally hate.

FWIW, I also had many girls blind sniff cards sprayed with both Mankind and Legend, and every single one of them preferred Mankind.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

My wife and I really like it. Glad I have a bottle. Not the most natural scent, but it sure smells good.

I quite like this one but it seems to disappear on me after two hours. Seems like its just my nose though as others say it has good tenacity. I would wear this a lot more if I could smell it for longer periods.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

If you're looking for something original, then no. If you're looking for something versatile and safe (at the risk of smelling generic), it's a solid fragrance.

If you're looking for something versatile, there are plenty of other options worth exploring. I prefer fragrances like Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme or YSL L'Homme for this purpose (although I got rid of these scents - too boring for me), but for a little more, you can get something like Terre D'Hermes which is a lot more interesting.

I recently got this frag as a gift from my loving wife!!!

It's absolutely reminds me of fierce. But it is different. I wore 4 sprays the other day and had many many hours of enjoyable wear. Yes, it's not unique, and yes, many bn'ers don't care for it. But I'm happy I have it in my collection

Blog Entries

To me it also smells a lot like Fierce. I've always like the smell of Fierce but felt it was too obnoxious. Legend is perfect for giving me the same vibe without being over the top.