Code of Conduct

Default How do I stop the LIKE messages? I don't like them.

Apparently, basenotes has added a LIKE feature. That's fine, but I don't need email letting me know someone clicked a like button. How do I make it stop?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default Re: How do I stop the LIKE messages? I don't like them.

There's a place in our settings, LHBI - if you go to this bit at the bottom left of the settings page, there are various options available!
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 18.33.17.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 18.34.12.jpg

OK, I've found the place in the settings, but it isn't explained in there what these options do, especially since it seems to conflict with the General Settings settings options. Huh? In 'General Settings' I set up notifications to be for private messages only, but now there's also this other notifications option in a Settings option within the Settings section which doesn't explain what it's notifications pertain to. That's confusing.

Click settings at the top of this page... but then click settings again at the bottom of a list of options on the left... but it doesn't do a good job of explaining what those settings are for or how they work. They're listed under Blog, but these aren't blog likes I'm getting notified of.

Notifications
    Disable Notifications
    Turns off the notifications for button clicks generated by this mod.
    ...by this mod? By what mod?

Emails
    Disable Emails
    Turns off the emails for button clicks generated by this mod
    And then there's an option for Postbit Settings. And "Postbit" would be........? I see options to turn off postbit stats, but it isn't explained what postbit is or what postbit stats do. I'm just trying to stop the emails.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright. Which one of you jokers clicked LIKE for this question?
    Yeah yeah... I know who it was, because we both know I got an email about it. socalwoman. BUSTED!

- - - Updated - - -

For the record... the Likes thing is fine. I just don't want emails about it. I only want to receive email from any website if it's important. "I like this" = nice, but not at all important.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 7th November 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    OK, I've found the place in the settings, but it isn't explained in there what these options do, especially since it seems to conflict with the General Settings settings options. Huh? In 'General Settings' I set up notifications to be for private messages only, but now there's also this other notifications option in a Settings option within the Settings section which doesn't explain what it's notifications pertain to. That's confusing.

Click settings at the top of this page... but then click settings again at the bottom of a list of options on the left... but it doesn't do a good job of explaining what those settings are for or how they work. They're listed under Blog, but these aren't blog likes I'm getting notified of.

And then there's an option for Postbit Settings. And "Postbit" would be........? I see options to turn off postbit stats, but it isn't explained what postbit is or what postbit stats do. I'm just trying to stop the emails.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah... I know who it was, because we both know I got an email about it. socalwoman. BUSTED!

- - - Updated - - -

For the record... the Likes thing is fine. I just don't want emails about it. I only want to receive email from any website if it's important. "I like this" = nice, but not at all important.
    Guilty! Did you get a second notice when I removed it?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I just checked off all four boxes as I also don't want the notifications or emails about likes and objections.

Let's see what happens. Will someone please Like and someone else Object to this post, please? (And post that you did so, so I'll know to check.)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I caved and clicked Like for you 30 Roses..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

And I have not received any notification-- neither at the top of my page nor email!

Looks like that works. Thanks kbe and whoever objected.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Guilty! Did you get a second notice when I removed it?
    WHAT?! Now you've unliked me!? Well fine. I unlike you too! AHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAAA!!!!

...oh, who am I kidding? You're A-ok in my book. I still like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I just checked off all four boxes as I also don't want the notifications or emails about likes and objections.

Let's see what happens. Will someone please Like and someone else Object to this post, please? (And post that you did so, so I'll know to check.)
    I OBJECTED TO WHAT YOU WROTE.
    ...because you asked me to

Thank goodness, there is a way to stop the objection/like/unlike madness. So annoying. I checked off all four boxes, hopefully, that does the trick. I still want regular pms from members...just not notifications on who liked my post or didn't.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi - sorry, was called away yesterday.

On the settings, 'mod' refers to 'module' - part of the the site..
    'Postbit' is the thingy on our posts showing our username, avatar, stars, etc. & there is an option to disable the Post Thanks/like display button on there.
    Last edited by lpp; 8th November 2013 at 09:13 AM.