Code of Conduct

Thread: Scented Candles

Default Scented Candles

With the holidays approaching I need to get some scented candles. What brands on Fragrancenet are worth getting. I want a bomb...a candle sillage monster...im talking Black Aoud, L'air du dessert stregnth....lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Scented Candles

There are quite a few threads about scented candles in the Home Fragrance forum that might have ideas for you. Have you checked them out? Diptyque has recently added holiday offerings to their candle lineup. Received two e-mails about them. Can't recall the names now. (220)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I saw them on luckyscent...the Diptyque offerings. But I wanted to save a few $$$ so I was looking for great brands sold on fragrancenet or say beautyencounter

I've moved this over to home fragrance where you should be able to get a better response.

Candles from perfumers tend to be pricey, but the throw is excellent. Diptyque's are well-liked, and I've heard excellent things about Amouage's candles also. But id spending oodles on a single candle is out of the question, then perhaps you might look to non-perfume brand options that specialize more in candle production as their main goal.

Candles by l'erbolario (including Meharees) are quite cheap in italy, but I think the price increases substantially here in the us

cacio

I use Jonathan Ward Artisan Candles. Beautiful candles, with strong fragrance even when unlit.

Mombasa club 1932 a beautiful spciy amber bomb (notes Amber, Cassis, Clove, Patchouli, Anise, Ginger) another is Orange Opium reminds me a little of Christmas cake (Cumin, Cardamom, Orange Rind, Persian spices).

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    I use Jonathan Ward Artisan Candles. Beautiful candles, with strong fragrance even when unlit.

Mombasa club 1932 a beautiful spciy amber bomb (notes Amber, Cassis, Clove, Patchouli, Anise, Ginger) another is Orange Opium reminds me a little of Christmas cake (Cumin, Cardamom, Orange Rind, Persian spices).
    Are these available on fragrancenet or beautyencounter?

Not that I can find, I'm in Australia and get them from www.bathingbeauty.com.au or order directly from www.jonathanwardlondon.com both sites will post overseas. Some candles also come in tealights which useful if you want to scent multiple rooms.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

I highly recommend the Annick Goutal Noel candles at BeautyEncounter.com. They are a great scent for the holidays. I only see votives available, but you can scatter them around your home that way. You'll probably want to keep two or three lit at one time in each room if you want a strong scent.

I've had pretty good luck with L'Artisan and Rigaud too. The L'Artisans have good, but not great, throw. Rigauds are excellent.

I see BE also carries Papier d'Armenie. If you haven't tried those, do toss at least a pack into your cart.

I haven't tried any of the candles being offered at this time by fragrancenet.

Has anyone tried Anthropologie candles. You know the retail store....anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Has anyone tried Anthropologie candles. You know the retail store....anyone???

Yes, I've tried the Capri Blue Jar Candle. Very nice.
    (861)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Tried a Rigaud candle recently after reading about it here.
    Someone raved about it and the price was nice.
    With pun in mind, it cannot hold a candle to Cire Trudon.
    Not even in the same area code.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    Tried a Rigaud candle recently after reading about it here.
    Someone raved about it and the price was nice.
    With pun in mind, it cannot hold a candle to Cire Trudon.
    Not even in the same area code.
    OP wanted suggestions of candles available from Anthropologie, Fragrancenet.com or BeautyEncounter.com. Any favorites from those stores?

- - - -

(3086)
    Last edited by hednic; 17th January 2014 at 01:01 PM.

Do not know if those specific Sellers have Encre Noir candles, but they are readily available on the Internet and are excellent.