Code of Conduct

Default Affordable (less than $50) fall/winter cologne for a male smoker.

The title pretty much sums up what I'm looking for. Something warm, leathery, and has a bit of lasting power throughout the evening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Affordable (less than $50) fall/winter cologne for a male smoker.

Burberry London and try to quit smoking.

Signed,
    Ex-smoker
    KCCO!

I'd go along with Burberry London.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Pack a day smoker-
    D&G PH
    MJ Legend
    Polo Green
    Thallium Black

Blog Entries

Polo Green for SURE.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Go no further then DRAKKAR NOIR or ARAMIS or Paco Rabanne pour homme ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Try to get in on a split for Tobacco Vanille

Givenchy Pi has a strong warm vanilla note that would go well with a secondhand source of smoke (lol). I agree with the Polo Green suggestion above if you want some smoky tobacco and dry wood in your cologne with no sweetness whatsoever.

Basenotes Plus

1. Quit smoking.
    2. Now you can pick ANY of the fragrances on the market and smell good and you like, without having to cover up the cigarette smoke smell.

Sorry, but coming from a non-smoker - no matter how much fragrance you spray on, the cigarette smell will ALWAYS come through. There's no fragrance in the world that will cover up it up, and the harder you try, the more you will spray, and the more you will reek like a bad mix of cigarettes and fragrance overdose. Not saying this to be mean, just trying to be helpful and realistic. Another side bonus - once you quit smoking you will likely discover the sense of taste as well. I have friends who used to smoke and were "shocked" that foods actually had taste once they quit smoking.

Best of luck - I realize quitting may be hard, but, it's really for the better, on many fronts (including your own health and wallet).

70s powerhouses were created to do well with smoke, since everybody smoked back then. So Aramis, Azzaro pour homme, and the like.

cacio

Before this turns into a "don't smoke" campaign, let me just say that OP didn't ask for anything to cover up the smell of smoke. I'm sure OP is just wants something that goes with the smell of cigs. You can't cover that shit up, its impossible.

I smoked cigarettes for 20 years. Currently i am 122 days without a cigarette! I wore all of my perfumes regardless and yes at times obsessed about how pointless it was. There are some that come off really bad with the smell of cigs, like citrus based perfumes. They come together for a nauseating combo.

You'll want to look for something like leathery, spicy, or a gourmand. Anything that has a fresh profile to it is going to be a bad idea.

Mont Blanc Individuel
    Burberry London
    Versace Dreamer
    Versace Man (NOT the eau fraiche version)

One that used to make my fiance absolutely nauseous when i wore it when i smoked was Terre d'Hermes. I had a couple other people make sort of foul comments when i wore it.

Seconding especially Azzaro pour Homme.

Possibly also: Van Cleef&Arpels pour Homme, Boss No. 1, Ungaro III.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that anything that smells fresh or citrus-y would not work on a smoker. Doesn't mix well with the stale smoke smell. I'd also suggest that you go easy with the fragrance. As others have said, you can't cover up the stale smoke smell, and often, combining it with a strong fragrance can, IMO, make it worse, so err on the side of a light touch.

If anything, if I were a smoker I would quit so my sense of smell would return to normalcy.

But to add some substance to the conversation, Burberry London and the new Burberry Brit Rhythm are nice. My smoking significant other has the latter and seems to like it.