Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Lalique Encre Noire Sport

I guess that old thread about Encre Noire sport is in the archive somewhere so here is a new thread... Looks like this has been released in some markets ... anyone tried it?

Default Re: Lalique Encre Noire Sport

Have you seen it available for purchase yet?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

haven't seen it myself but noticed some people giving feedback online about it. Lalique website:

http://www.lalique.com/en_US/product...us-4277-100-ml

112 dollars lol, I will wait till it hits fragrancenet

- - - Updated - - -

One of the reviewers on fragrantica said its the child of EN and Grey Vetiver, both of which I am a fan of, so I am excited. Lalique always puts out a good product, There is one negative review, but there is always that one troll.

It is available for sale in UK, escentual.com.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have you seen it available for purchase yet?
    It only comes in 49ml.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    It only comes in 49ml.
    Currently wearing: Honour Man by Amouage

it only comes in 49ml.
    lol!!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I wonder how many people are going to agree with this review once they get it up their nostrils:

I got this delivered today. I think i had too high expectations. dont get me wrong, there are faint traces of the original en scent, but it doesnt seem to be in the same class as en. The first spray gives me a strong zingy whiff of fresh and luscious cut green grass. The strands of original en come and go, and then i get sort of a slightly orange smell. In the end, it tames down to something akin to the top end of the generic deodorant smells.

Worth a first buy - yes. Worth a repeat buy? Im not convinced. Again, i was hoping for a more wearable woody spicy scent. More wearable it is. But not in the way i was hoping.
    EN turned into a generic deodorant? Say it ain't so...

Still waiting to hear more on this one. Any other reviews?

Sounds very interesting as original EN is to dark for me, lovely but not for regular use: maybe this one is more lively with light coming out that darkness original possesses...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

It only comes in 49ml.
    Hilarious...

Banned
    Blog Entries

For 112 it looks like most of us can wait til after Christmas..
    I am sure it will be in the 40-60 dollar range

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    haven't seen it myself but noticed some people giving feedback online about it. Lalique website:

Interesting that the stated retail of $112 for the Sport is more expensive than when the Original Encre Noire first appeared in the Lalique boutique in NY. (475)

I initially thought EN-sport was a joke. The name sounds like an oxymoron akin to fun-run or working-holiday. As a lover of the original, I didn't foresee that the words: Encre Noir and Sport together in the same sentence! However walking through Selfridges in London curiosity got the better of me.

I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. Someone has already suggested it is similar to TF grey vetiver combined with EN. This seems somewhat accurate. I was pleased withe the fresh (to my novice nose - grapefruit - opening) I was thrilled when the Original DNA made its timely appearance right on cue as the opening ceded to the middle notes (recall that the original beast famously has no top to its pyramid) - the unmistakable dusty, dusky vetiver has never been so welcome and remains the star of the show. The basenotes seem to have some added musks which blend well with the added citrus elements.

In my opinion fans of the original must be re-assured. This is a flanker which builds upon its namesake whilst respecting the original composition. Upon closer analysis, perhaps the totally dense all-encompassing nature of the original necessitates a lighter/sport version (whilst myriad aquatics hardly need a sport / sport-extreme version).

One lingering trouble is that its added elements remind me strongly of another scent sampled recently. After some time I think I have narrowed it down to the NEW Dior Homme Cologne - I would be delighted if someone could confirm this (especially in the top notes).

Overall - a well done and welcome addition. The creators must be praised for achieving the impossible - EN-SPORT. This would make a great signature scent working equally in the office, on a date or indeed after the gym. As the name suggests, safer and more generic than the original - but truly a decent sport flanker. I won't be taking a full-bottle simply because the original still ticks all the boxes for me and I'm not looking for a signature scent! Hopefully others will take my words as a recommendation, and will at least allay fears associated with the dreaded 'sport'.

p.s. GREAT BOTTLE

So it's out at least in your neck of the woods! Thanks for the detailed description. From your positive assessment, sounds like this will be a welcomed addition to my collection.
    (851)

Basenotes Plus

I'd really love to see it on these shores (US). I love the original, and from the sounds of it, this one will almost definitely be a welcome addition. Especially that parallel to TF Grey Vetiver - one of my favorite modern vetivers out there - it sounds awesome!

Has anyone seen this one sold anywhere in the US yet?

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Has anyone seen this one sold anywhere in the US yet?
    If you locate it before I am able to, please let me know!
    (855)

I found it on their website.

Looks like they want $15 for shipping, which is pretty bad, but I think I am going to blind buy it tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Oops - didnt see JH posted already.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I found it on their website.

Looks like they want $15 for shipping, which is pretty bad, but I think I am going to blind buy it tonight

Yeah, Hawk had given the Lalique link further up in the thread. I was just curious if it had surfaced anywhere else, like a brick and mortar store or online retail fragrance shop. In any case, I might just follow in your footsteps and spring for it tonight also!
    (862)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yeah, Hawk had given the Lalique link further up in the thread. I was just curious if it had surfaced anywhere else, like a brick and mortar store or online retail fragrance shop. In any case, I might just follow in your footsteps and spring for it tonight also!
    (862)
    Yeah - not sure how I missed those. Going on no sleep for too long!

Anyway, it would sure be nice to see it at a discount place for $35 like EN, but I am thinking it may be a year or more before it filters down to the discounters.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Yeah - not sure how I missed those. Going on no sleep for too long!

Anyway, it would sure be nice to see it at a discount place for $35 like EN, but I am thinking it may be a year or more before it filters down to the discounters.
    My favourite internet shop in my country just received them in stock. Fortunately its just 32 euros for big 100ml bottle, so its possible that you will find it cheap also in US.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    My favourite internet shop in my country just received them in stock. Fortunately its just 32 euros for big 100ml bottle, so its possible that you will find it cheap also in US.
    That is great news - I have been dragging my feet on buying it from Lalique directly. Would love to get this at a near-EN price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Wow! That is great news and a hopeful sign.

(1864)

Power Where You Need It

A major letdown. The opening smells just like the Sport Fragrance shelves at the department store. An anonymous citrusy-peppery (nutmegg-y) masculine thing of zero interest. The fragrance evolves a little bit introducing a soft marine note paired to what's left of the ISO + Vetiver combo of the original Encre Noire. I honestly can't tell it apart from most designer fragrances playing similar themes.

Encre Noire Sport? No way. I think it would have probably be better named as Encre Light Blue Sport Extreme.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Oh well, not great news and not a hopeful sign then.
    (1896)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    A major letdown.
    Alfarom - I truly enjoy your reviews and perspective on perfumery as a whole, and I tend to agree with probably 80-90% of your comments. I bought many bottles based on your reviews, our email exchanges, forum posts, etc. Most of them were a hit with me, though some I cringed and found completely unwearable - exercises in making fragrances over the top strong, for the sake of being obnoxious, gasoline/leather/blood/metal shards/semen/burning lightbulb/feces combinations. You seem to gravitate to these head strong, crazy over the top fragrances that, unfortunately, sometimes are not exactly "people friendly"... In the polite society some of us live in, we sometimes have to be mindful of our surroundings and not just randomly kill people with our scent as we enter the room. That makes for a great entry, sure, but we are not playing James Bond on a day to day basis (only on weekends).

I guess what I'm saying is that EN Sport may be a disappointment to you, because it's not over the top formula and won't kill anyone within 6 feet from you, and by your standards it may be too safe. So I completely understand why you are giving it low marks (and that's OK). I have read other reviews that compare EN Sport to a mix of the original EN with Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Which, if you ask me, sounds heavenly - as I enjoy both fragrances on their own, and to have a little bit of both in one bottle is actually very attractive and appealing to me. It may be safe, it may be simple, but I suspect it may still be a good fragrance, office-worthy, for when you want to smell good but without the rest of the office wearing gas masks or gagging every time they run into you. ;-) If it's a "modern take on vetiver, with a twist" (which is what I was suspecting based on the notes) then I am still very much interested in giving this one a try. I'm still hopeful it is a decent release from Lalique. Most everything they have released tends to be good to very good stuff, some even excellent. They are not an edgy company, that's for sure... EN is probably one of their most "out there" releases... so I am not expecting a dark, strong, uber masculine, over the top fragrance, just something casual yet pleasant... though admittedly without going into the generic "department store sport cologne" direction.

With that said, and keeping in mind your own expectations and preferences, would you still say EN Sport is a sort of EN + Grey Vetiver mix? I'd be curious to hear more on this comparison, without declaring it a letdown just yet. It may just be a great (safe) fragrance, perhaps just not your cup of tea, that's all. Or, is the difference as big as the difference between the original Tiffany for Men (great old school classic) vs Tiffany Sport (absolutely trifle attempt at perfumery, borderlining on "Exceptional... because you are" from Fragrancenet...?