Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Lalique Encre Noire Sport

... and still not available in the US. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    ... and still not available in the US. :-(
    Can be purchased from the Lalique North America Sales website but you probably already know that.
    Last edited by hednic; 12th March 2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can be purchased from the Lalique North America Sales website
    ...for $112.

When available, I would like to sample this.

I'll be excited to try this once the price drops to the Encre Noire and White range.

Anyone has insights of the price having fallen for EN Sport, and whether they are available on any e-tailers now?

I see some on eBay and Amazon, Klaaon.

I see this available at fragrancex

Yup with coupons and loyalty discounts at FragranceX can get as low as $31+
    Last edited by hednic; 4th July 2014 at 12:18 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I bought it for $ 30. Nothing special. May be I was expecting a lot out of it. It is just a lighter version of the original.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Every *safer* line (forgive the lack of better words) has to release a sport fragrance at any cost, to the point of resulting ridiculous and completely non-plausible when they pair certain compositions known for their dark-ish character and austerity, to dynamic and lighthearted themes and *sport*. Sounds like Lasagna-light. An oxymoron.
    Thanks. This release makes about as much sense as Miller Lite Beer Imperial Stout Extra.

I mean WTF! Do these people take marketing classes? I guess not because most releases seem to go straight to the bargain bin at Ross Marshalls or Burlington coat. Perhaps if they put some effort and thought into their product without insulting their audience they might actually succeed with some of these new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    I bought it for $ 30. Nothing special. May be I was expecting a lot out of it. It is just a lighter version of the original.
    Still, you got an excellent price.

This sport flanker along with Charriol Sport is one of the better ones IMO and the price on the Lalique recently has dropped dramatically - about 75% off of the original retail price.

This sport flanker along with Charriol Sport is one of the better ones IMO and the price on the Lalique recently has dropped dramatically - about 75% off of the original retail price.
    Ah, this is the news I've been waiting for! Just curious...where are you seeing it for 75% off retail? The best I've come up with at the moment is $68/100ml from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Ah, this is the news I've been waiting for! Just curious...where are you seeing it for 75% off retail? The best I've come up with at the moment is $68/100ml from Amazon.
    At FragranceX, with coupon and my loyalty discount came to $31 and change for 100ml. There were 22 in stock last week. Now only 4 left.

At FragranceX, with coupon and my loyalty discount came to $31 and change for 100ml. There were 22 in stock last week. Now only 4 left.
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

Got a small decant of Encre Noire Sport yesterday to try. Wearing it to work today on casual Friday.

I had it on for 2hrs, and insta-bought a FB.

There's a resemblence to the original Encre Noir, in that the smooth woody vetiver is in there, but the relative lack of smokiness, slight floral accords and even a reference to some aquatic notes, make this one eminently accessible for multiple wear scenarios in warmer weather. I don't particularly get the citrus notes in the open, although I think they may have subliminally been there as it certainly comes across as brighter than the dank (while still outstanding) original.

I hadn't thought about it, but I can see the comparison to TF Grey Vetiver, although the two are different enough IMO to easily warrant having both on hand. Between Grey Vetiver and this one, I think it's a very close race - and I LOVE Grey Vetiver, so that's saying something for me.

Found my 100ml FB for $55.99, so it's really easy to recommend wholeheartedly.

Purchased a bottle yesterday. Kind of forgot about this one. The price is much cheaper these days ($50.00 for a 100ml).

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Got a small decant of Encre Noire Sport yesterday to try. Wearing it to work today on casual Friday.

I had it on for 2hrs, and insta-bought a FB.

There's a resemblence to the original Encre Noir, in that the smooth woody vetiver is in there, but the relative lack of smokiness, slight floral accords and even a reference to some aquatic notes, make this one eminently accessible for multiple wear scenarios in warmer weather. I don't particularly get the citrus notes in the open, although I think they may have subliminally been there as it certainly comes across as brighter than the dank (while still outstanding) original.

I hadn't thought about it, but I can see the comparison to TF Grey Vetiver, although the two are different enough IMO to easily warrant having both on hand. Between Grey Vetiver and this one, I think it's a very close race - and I LOVE Grey Vetiver, so that's saying something for me.

Found my 100ml FB for $55.99, so it's really easy to recommend wholeheartedly.
    Nice review. I've really been enjoying my bottle as well.

I bought this blind about a month ago. I have only given it 1 or 2 wearings, but I really like it a lot. A winner in my book - one of the best releases this year. Quite different from any other vetiver (other than the original EN) to my nose.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Have come to like this a lot also. A great sport flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Purchased a bottle yesterday. Kind of forgot about this one. The price is much cheaper these days ($50.00 for a 100ml).
    where are you guys finding this for $50? I got a sample a while back from LaLique and i really enjoyed it. Looking to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    where are you guys finding this for $50? I got a sample a while back from LaLique and i really enjoyed it. Looking to buy one
    I purchased mine about a month ago from Fragrancex, thanks to Hednic's recommendation.

I was struggling to find an occassion/use for the original EN that was given to me. I have been layering/combining the original EN with Issey to come up with a DIY version of EN Sport. Good results. The vetiver balances out the Yuzo and the Yuzo lightens up the dark vetiver making it much more wearable. Performance has been great.

Ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post

Have come to like this a lot also. A great sport flanker.
    I agree. The more I wear it, the more I enjoy it. Add in the fact that the citrus hangs on for quite awhile and this lasts 8 hours plus. Very well done indeed.

Basenotes Member

Sounds interesting, definitely will need to check it out..

I recently obtained a sample of this and I really like it. A strong citrus with a lighter version of the vetiver from the original Encre Noire coming out in the heart and base. I really like this. I do sort of get an Off! bug repellant or citronella vibe from this, however.

I wore 3 sprays today and my wife gave me a compliment about 10 hours later. This was an enjoyable scent today. Glad I bought the large bottle, and yes it's gorgeous!

I am testing it right now. I could not stop thinking where I smelled it before. First scent that came on my mind is Avon Crisp Forest which to me smells like weaker and brighter version of Encre Noire. Another scent that is similiar is Azzaro Chrome Sport (less vetiver and more grapefruit).
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Everytime i reach for my bottle of Vetiver by Dior i can't help but get that sinking feeling....Every spray gets me closer and closer to being without the best vetiver scent ever created.

Can EN Sport fill its shoes? Probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I do sort of get an Off! bug repellant or citronella vibe from this, however.
    Ahh, so it does have something in common with the original. A lighter bug spray with citrus, no thanks.

If you don't like the original, then I'd definitely steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    If you don't like the original, then I'd definitely steer clear.
    I agree. I have mine up for swap now, and the primary reason is that I don't really like vetiver. I keep trying, to no avail. My wife loves vetiver scents on me, but I just don't care for it.

Hi guys. I have a good review on EN Sport. I blind bought EN, and ENS. EN was to strong like the pure extract of the bitter bourbon vetiver root. ENSport is only fresh or sporty in a brief 10 min opening, you get citrus and lavender. Then it drys down to a very serious dry vetiver and cypress scent, nicely blended with the fresher notes. EN is like drinking pure vanilla ectract where ENS is a serious woodsy piny earthey scent with plenty of vanilla but as a flavoring to make a nice blended fragrance. I would call it not black ink but black forest. EN Sport is much better than the Encre Noire, and its helping me to aquire a tast for bitter vetiver. Great Christmas fragrance, with the strong cypress piney note.
    Last edited by Gedlive; 21st November 2014 at 09:28 PM.

How do you get "vanilla" from Encre Noire?
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

Default Lalique Encre Noire Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    How do you get "vanilla" from Encre Noire?
    I can see the vanilla extract comparison because it has an almost earthy quality like vetiver. As far as sweetness goes I think he's confusing ISO E Super with vanilla.

Sent from Richard's Ipad