Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 8 November 2013.

One of my very first colognes, I wore it a lot as a teen, and it still smells fantastic:

Devin by Aramis

"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Hi everyone! The band of snow is moving our way, hopefully we won't get very much.

lpp, I remember trying Zeta, how do you like it?

Xscent, knocking down walls sounds like great fun and a good stress reliever. Good luck with your project!

Ursula, a grandbaby any day, how exciting! Wishing the mom & baby good health and an easy and safe delivery.

Jon, your pictures make me want to get on the next plane to Italy, what a beautiful place. edit: and now New Zealand, too!!

ComDiva, what an amazing trip for your family to take. Most vacations are not long enough, for you to have two weeks, that's so nice.

Danieq, that is quite a coincidence! Congrats on having a grandbaby in December. My middle son's due date was Jan. 14th, but he came December 19th, quite early, but it was one of the most special Christmases we ever had, with a newborn in the house. Wishing you good health for baby and mom, too!

Wearing Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir. This one has been growing on me, I wore it to Chicago and then again this morning. I used to think Loukhoum Eau Poudree was the best of the three Loukhoums, I've changed my mind, this one is better, well, just to me anyway.

Have a great day!

Blog Entries

Samsara this evening. l'm knackered.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quarry would love for you to smash up some wall with me! You are always welcome round my way you sweetheart you.

Teardrop (hugs) roll on the weekend!

Kiliwia thank you, one new kitchen coming up. A bit of destruction is good for the soul. I maybe Minogue sized (for all you Brits) but I'm pretty handy with a sledgehammer.

Jon New Zealand is fantastic will you be there over Christmas? Their Pinots are outstanding, but you are probably are familiar with this fact

About to head off for the morning run a quick spritz of Bel Respiro for me. Have a lovely evening all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Wearing Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir. This one has been growing on me, I wore it to Chicago and then again this morning. I used to think Loukhoum Eau Poudree was the best of the three Loukhoums, I've changed my mind, this one is better, well, just to me anyway.

Have a great day!
    I need to try this one. I got a sample of the original and I like it, but it might be sweeter than I want to wear. I read that this one is not quite so heavy on the sweet. Would you say that is so Kiliwia?

Blog Entries

Thanks Xscent, hugs back! Hope your demolition job went well.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

queen of the universe

Synched with Rive Gauche this morning, but the cold I'm nursing has gotten to the point where even Amarige is lost to me! SOTE will be VapoRub.
    Pleasant weekend to all!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Jon New Zealand is fantastic will you be there over Christmas? Their Pinots are outstanding, but you are probably are familiar with this fact
    Yes, we will be there for Christmas and New Year. I agree that the pinots are wonderful, as are the merlots and sauvignon blancs - we visited a number of vineyards when we toured around the Marlborough region last time and became familiar with many different varieties. My sister and brother-in-law are already stocking up ready for our arrival .

Chypre Palatin

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I need to try this one. I got a sample of the original and I like it, but it might be sweeter than I want to wear. I read that this one is not quite so heavy on the sweet. Would you say that is so Kiliwia?
    It is a little less sweet and powdery than the original. Also, I think the rose comes through a little more, which I like. I think it's a little easier to wear.

I just realized I posted the wrong picture, lol. I meant to post the Parfum du Soir bottle. I was in too big of a hurry I guess.

Hey y'all -

I'm in Deneuve ...have a wonderful evening!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Wonderful store & photos today…thank you.

Quarry, so very, very happy you are enjoying your present. Spritz with abandon, luv!

DD came home early from school today, I think she's mostly heartsick but she could also have a touch of the flu. Either way she's miserable. Her young man has been lying to his parents about where he's been after school. He's been at our house but telling his parents he was getting extra help from teachers. Not cool.

Wearing the stunning CD Vetiver for speaking with the lads' Mama. He's in BIG trouble with her.
    313BpO4lsWL.jpg

SOTE is Histories de Parfum Ambre 114.
    e1b6c997c0a6e03c256b611f3bfb5a90.jpg
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    DD came home early from school today, I think she's mostly heartsick but she could also have a touch of the flu. Either way she's miserable. Her young man has been lying to his parents about where he's been after school. He's been at our house but telling his parents he was getting extra help from teachers. Not cool.
    Oh dear, that is never fun. Best wishes for a resolution for the situation. These lessons are hard to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

In Chanel Eau Premier for the evening. I think the aldehydes are growing on me.

SOTD was Rosae Mundi by Profumum, from a sample.

ComDiva, I love Poivre so much, and that's such a great story.

Meow7, good choice with the Jovoy line, some of my favorites. Welcome to the group!

Also welcome to Petrichor, what a great user name.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Caswell-Massey Verbena tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Aramis by Aramis

Basenotes Institution

Like teardrop. too tired and very ready for the weekend off, finally! I wore Sisley Soir de Lune.