Code of Conduct

Default Throwing it open, jonesing a new scent but I am undecided: Rose or not

Reading a post on the top 5 rose scents. I am thinking I am wanting a scent now and it is between the following:

Rose 31 by Le Labo
    APOM pour Homme
    APOM pour Femme
    Lumiere pour Noire by MFK
    and
    Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne

I do like how my APLS projects and lasts. I got a small sample of the APOM femme and it was nice, and it was not as projecting as long but it lasted. I have GIT and LDDM and Coromandel as the other scents with APLS.

Got any advice? I love long lasting and projecting.

Rose 31 I read is great for daily wear, may not be a true rose, but is woody and has cumin.
    APOM pour femme is the orange blossom and it just hits a nice note for me. W ore it twice this week
    Have not smelled the Homme - read it is more woody
    Lumiere gets a lot of love here and on Fragranita. Tends to rank up there on most what is the top rose scents, well, so does the Le Labo.
    I did get a sample of Rose Anonyme but it was about the time I was deciding between Caravelle Epicee or the CLPS and I dismissed it. It did project and it was oud-y. I just cant remember it as I dismissed it out of hand. It is cheap as far as dollars per ounce when you get the 200 ounce bottle.

I know there are other rose scents (SL, POAL, NdN by Ford) and well, I have to put those aside. Coromandel is nice but I have worn it three years now and well, might be time for a change. APLS is gonna be something i bring out just for a change of pace. GIT and LDDM would be more daily wear, and APLS for colder weather. If I went APOM, either one, that might be year round. The femme version has some sparkle in that could cheer up a cold winter day.

Default Re: Throwing it open, jonesing a new scent but I am undecided: Rose or not

Rose 31 is a good fall and winter scent IMO. One of my favorites is TF Noir De Noir. Longevity is crazy on this one.

Default Re: Throwing it open, jonesing a new scent but I am undecided: Rose or not

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Rose 31 is a good fall and winter scent IMO. One of my favorites is TF Noir De Noir. Longevity is crazy on this one.
    I get great longevity with this one also.

Any one of these three:

APOM pour Homme
    Lumiere pour Noire by MFK
    Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne

Also: Twill Rose by Parfums des Rosine
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Two very nice rose scents (not on your list)..

Majda Bekkali - Mon Nom et Rouge
    Tauer - Incense Rose

Rose 31 or APOM from your list.

The Ateliers don't last too long on me, though I tried this only once. They do project well while they last.

Le Labo or Lumiere and the APOM have a quite different characters. The first two are warmer, woodier, deeper, the APOMs fresher and more floral. So it really depends on what you're looking for. Between the two apom, the feminine is indeed more floral and more sparkle.

(btw, I also second hednic's suggestion for Twill Rose. Raspy, vegetal, dirty rose-and a true rose. The ones above aren't really primarily roses)

cacio