Code of Conduct
Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3129

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    That would defeat the point I think, expect $225 per bottle.
    That is unfortunate, i was hoping to pickup 3-5 bottles... Ill probably only get 2-3 now

Yeah, I just dont get how he says he was making more selling @90 than he is now @160 and to even that up he's got to go to 200+.... how much does each bottle really cost him to make. I'm guessing 15-30 on materials MAYBE. And 10-20 on bottle/packaging again MAYBE.

Does anyone know where they used to get their glass from? Particularly what company makes the Bottles with Marbles in them?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Do you live in the UK? I could send you a sample of Norne if you're in the UK.
    Thank you for the offer, but I live in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    That is unfortunate, i was hoping to pickup 3-5 bottles... Ill probably only get 2-3 now

Yeah, I just dont get how he says he was making more selling @90 than he is now @160 and to even that up he's got to go to 200+.... how much does each bottle really cost him to make. I'm guessing 15-30 on materials MAYBE. And 10-20 on bottle/packaging again MAYBE.
    Third party sellers take 50% right off the top.
    The materials people like Josh use, are top notch.. not the usual stuff we can procure via a Google search.
    The materials per packaging are wickedly expensive.

Nobody get's into this to "break even", if he can't make a living and keep things chugging, then we have two options: lose quality, or quit. The third option, raise prices.
    Currently wearing: Feuilles Vertes by Creed

Does anyone know where they used to get their glass from? Particularly what company makes the Bottles with Marbles in them?

Not sure about the marble bottles, the most recent ones come from Pochet du Courval.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Do you live in the UK? I could send you a sample of Norne if you're in the UK.
    Hi, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and have been trying to find a sample of Norne for ages. Any chance I could buy a small sample from you? please. (I'm UK based)

Quote Originally Posted by scent of rhubarb View Post
    Hi, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and have been trying to find a sample of Norne for ages. Any chance I could buy a small sample from you? please. (I'm UK based)
    I don't want any money for it. Just PM your address to me and I'll ship it out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    Not sure about the marble bottles, the most recent ones come from Pochet du Courval.
    That is a really esoteric piece of knowledge to have. Looking athose shapes... It looks like several other companies use them as well

I just got samples of Kiste, Sadanne, and Grev in the mail today. I took a shower a bit ago since I was kinda sweaty from the day, and I decided to try out Kiste.

Wow. This is awesome. And potent. I think I'm a convert to Slumberhouse.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Grev, Kiste, and Sadanne back in stock at Twisted Lily, still for $160. Samples available as well.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I just got samples of Kiste, Sadanne, and Grev in the mail today. I took a shower a bit ago since I was kinda sweaty from the day, and I decided to try out Kiste.

Wow. This is awesome. And potent. I think I'm a convert to Slumberhouse.
    Yeah, Kiste is absolutely wonderful. If you really like that one then also try Jeke, Ore, Baque and maybe Sova and Norne.
    Currently wearing: Opus VI by Amouage

When's this shit getting released?

At this point I think it's safe to say that nobody knows but Josh and I'm not entirely sure that he knows. There were fragrances that were slated for release last fall/early winter that never made it out and it's been Grev, Sadanne and Kiste steadily since that time...some Pear + Olive and other super limited releases. Everything from now until he actually releases something is merely a shot in the dark.

When's this shit getting released?

Today I'm wearing a few sprays of a Sixes & Sevens decant for the first time in quite a while.

My taste has expanded a lot since the last time I wore it. Then, I felt this was an incredibly boring, underperforming fragrance. But now, I have developed an appreciation for more musks, orris butter, and cumin -- in fact, musk & cumin are quickly becoming two of my favorite notes. So naturally, I appreciate Sixes & Sevens a lot more.

While I completely believe in the beauty of simplistic scents, part of me still thinks this comes off as an embellished accord, or a "work in progress," at least compared to all other Slumberhouse offerings... though I do really enjoy the little it does accomplish.

Yet another example, though, of something I'd love to have a full bottle of... but will likely never be available again. I'd buy one off of someone, though I shudder to think of the price that'd go for.
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Today I'm wearing a few sprays of a Sixes & Sevens decant for the first time in quite a while.

My taste has expanded a lot since the last time I wore it. Then, I felt this was an incredibly boring, underperforming fragrance. But now, I have developed an appreciation for more musks, orris butter, and cumin -- in fact, musk & cumin are quickly becoming two of my favorite notes. So naturally, I appreciate Sixes & Sevens a lot more.

While I completely believe in the beauty of simplistic scents, part of me still thinks this comes off as an embellished accord, or a "work in progress," at least compared to all other Slumberhouse offerings... though I do really enjoy the little it does accomplish.

Yet another example, though, of something I'd love to have a full bottle of... but will likely never be available again. I'd buy one off of someone, though I shudder to think of the price that'd go for.
    I sold my bottle on Ebay a few months ago. Put it up for auction without a BIN and just let the market price it for me. Fwiw I think it went for around $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    I sold my bottle on Ebay a few months ago. Put it up for auction without a BIN and just let the market price it for me. Fwiw I think it went for around $250.
    Huh, only about 20-30 more than what the new bottles will likely go for? Interesting. Thanks for the info!
    "Creating perfume is the closest one can get to practicing alchemy"
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

I was lucky enough to score a full bottle of Ore for 170 (previous bottle design), so my hype went down as that was the #1 on my buy list. I was thinking about going for a backup bottle of Kiste, but i don't wear that enough to justify it. I have only tried these two from Slumberhouse, so i'm excited to explore the line. Just ordered a sample of Grev and Sadanne.

I will probably blind buy a bottle of Baque as it seems more safer and also gonna buy a sample of everything else.

Gotta check out norne

Baque is not safe, hated that one

I've owned or atleast sampled the majority of Slumberhouses, I wouldn't call any of them safe (to blind buy)
    Currently wearing: Great Britain by Roja Dove

I was planting some italian cypress trees and was wearing grev while doing so. Temp was in the low 70's and just seemed like a perfect pairing.

The fall/winter scents (Sova, Norne, Jeke, Sibet, Ore, Baque and the pumpkin/vetiver Mond) will be here, with new black metal caps, on or before October 20th for $220/30mL. 100mL bottles can be expected around Christmas.

he is live on instagram

bottles will be released 10/20

new bottles will be $220

he said most likely 100 ml bottles will be available around christmas

not sure that makes any sense, 30 ml is plenty

Did he say anything or did anyone ask about samples?

Interested in Mond for sure. I wonder how availability will work out, $220 is a lot but I definitely don’t want to miss the first new release in a while.

Oh and good news about losing the caps. Maybe the boxes/presentation will get an update too?

In terms of presentation there will be no boxes.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for posting the news everyone.

User of Toilet Water

He also said there would be plenty of stock and that no one should feel pressured to buy right away. At $220 a bottle, I don't think I'll feel a lot of pressure though I'd sure like to have them all (except Baque which I already own.)

Quote Originally Posted by iverthps View Post
    The fall/winter scents (Sova, Norne, Jeke, Sibet, Ore, Baque and the pumpkin/vetiver Mond) will be here, with new black metal caps, on or before October 20th for $220/30mL. 100mL bottles can be expected around Christmas.
    I'd like to sample Mond. Pumpkin/Vetiver sounds interesting and it may be amazing, but I'd like to lay a nostril on it before investing...especially if there will be "plenty" available. Still sore about Kote...was so looking forward to that one this past spring and I've been waiting for five years, (or so), to smell that one. Ah well...six years, here we come...

Not that I need 100 mls, but I’m wondering about the price... maybe $600?

Edit: Twisted Lily is now sold out of Kiste. :-(

did he mention what is happening with Mare?
    and this is good news, i would say...

how was the live video done? was it a Q&A where he took questions from followers? it seems that it went for 20+ mins...

Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast