Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1020
  1. #271
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    So, when is Zahd shipping?
    Last I heard it might be into February.

  2. #272
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    614
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    That's unfortunate.

  3. #273

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    So, when is Zahd shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    That's unfortunate.
    He's waiting on the final parts of the packaging to be produced. The supplier took a break for the holidays -- not much he could do about it.

  4. #274
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    He's waiting on the final parts of the packaging to be produced. The supplier took a break for the holidays -- not much he could do about it.
    With all the fuss over these bottles, they better be an improvement over the standard bottles he's used before.

  5. #275
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    614
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    With all the fuss over these bottles, they better be an improvement over the standard bottles he's used before.
    Does anyone honestly think that a bottle will make or break a brand? What does is the smell, price, and that's it.

  6. #276
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,379

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Poor chap needs bottles to put the stuff in 'though!

  7. #277
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    614
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Poor chap needs bottles to put the stuff in 'though!
    yes, he does, but the old bottles were fine and very "Slumberhouse" - it's what we came to know. Why switch it up if it's working? That's ridiculous, and is leaving his customres waiting 2 months past the expected release.

  8. #278
    zatarain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I can't find it now* but I read something Josh wrote about how he felt the old packaging no longer satisfied him aesthetically. He also mentioned, I think, that the adding of the marbles was a time-consuming process that he no longer wanted to spend the time on. He does everything himself, remember. He seemed excited about the new packaging, and I expect it will be pretty nice. I believe he wants to provide something aesthetically satisfying that will please his customers and himself.

    Now, if anyone is up for cancelling their Zahd order because of the delays, I'll be glad to see the standby list grow shorter!

    *aha, found it:

    Given the growth and evolution of the line, Slumberhouse is reaching the point where the current presentation is not necessarily where I want it to be. The inclusion of the glass marbles that I'm using in the bottles is a time-consuming necessity to allow just 30ml of perfume extrait inside a 50ml bottle -- a process further complicated by an even more time consuming process (that only has about a 50% success rate) of etching each bottle by hand, uses caustic chemicals and can be difficult to read on bottles containing lighter colored perfumes. While packaging has never been a serious concern of mine in the past, I'm to the point now where I feel an overall upgrade is due.

    Earlier this year I hired a designer to work with me in creating an all-new Slumberhouse bottle and cap design, and what we've come up with is something I think will blow you away. While I'm not revealing this new look just yet, when you see this redesign you're going to know exactly why Slumberhouse has been so seemingly quiet as of late.
    Last edited by zatarain; 6th January 2014 at 07:51 PM.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

  9. #279

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    With all the fuss over these bottles, they better be an improvement over the standard bottles he's used before.
    Or else what?

    Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    yes, he does, but the old bottles were fine and very "Slumberhouse" - it's what we came to know. Why switch it up if it's working? That's ridiculous, and is leaving his customres waiting 2 months past the expected release.
    The bottles aren't working. They're the incorrect size which means placing marbles into each one -- a hugely time-consuming process. The bottles that are "very Slumberhouse" are also "very other brands" as they're simple, stock bottles used by a number of different lines. There's no personal touch touch aside from the engraving -- another process that's simply unsustainable given the volume Josh is now producing. Tauer changed his packaging from stock bottles to a more personal design that people now recognize as uniquely his, so is this different?

    Perfumers (and creatives in general) tend to have an overall aesthetic for their project, but packaging for the indies is outlandishly expensive -- far more so than the production of the scent itself (unless you're corporately backed and packaging / gimmick is the priority over perfume). Yet it's a requirement to a degree in order to proceed with business. Josh has a vision for Slumberhouse that's his own (as opposed to what his customers want). He's finally in a position where he can put some of this into motion, and has managed to do so by refusing to take on investors of any kind despite some very large, ambitious opportunities. The out-of-pocket expense of doing something like this is the equivalent to buying a mid-range car, or a couple of entry-level cars. He's not a businessman, and does everything in his power to keep Slumberhouse from becoming a business first and foremost. There's no question that he could sell out, go corporate, and produce crowd pleasers (even Slumberhouse crowd pleasers!), but that's not what he's interested in whatsoever. The line is small, intentionally; and to be frank, he has to do certain things in order to keep it small. Seems antithetical to profiteering doesn't it? That's because it is.

    Zahd was initially projected for January arrival. It's now looking like it'll ship late January, early February. So I'm not sure where the "2 months past the expected release" part is coming from. With that said, you can certainly get a full refund as outlined in the last message from him (I'll link below). The standby list that's waiting for people to drop out is very long, so you'd certainly be doing someone a huge favor by canceling.

    http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd

    I understand people are impatient, but keep in mind that people tend to take breaks over the holidays (perfumers and perfume bottle manufacturers alike). Incredibly selfish of them, I know.
    Last edited by deadidol; 6th January 2014 at 08:01 PM.

  10. #280
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,379

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    [QUOTE=zatarain;3036174]

    Now, if anyone is up for cancelling their Zahd order because of the delays, I'll be glad to see the standby list grow shorter!

    Funny you should mention that, zatarain

  11. #281

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Or else what?



    The bottles aren't working. They're the incorrect size which means placing marbles into each one -- a hugely time-consuming process. The bottles that are "very Slumberhouse" are also "very other brands" as they're simple, stock bottles used by a number of different lines. There's no personal touch touch aside from the engraving -- another process that's simply unsustainable given the volume Josh is now producing. Tauer changed his packaging from stock bottles to a more personal design that people now recognize as uniquely his, so is this different?

    Perfumers (and creatives in general) tend to have an overall aesthetic for their project, but packaging for the indies is outlandishly expensive -- far more so than the production of the scent itself (unless you're corporately backed and packaging / gimmick is the priority over perfume). Yet it's a requirement to a degree in order to proceed with business. Josh has a vision for Slumberhouse that's his own (as opposed to what his customers want). He's finally in a position where he can put some of this into motion, and has managed to do so by refusing to take on investors of any kind despite some very large, ambitious opportunities.

    Zahd was initially projected for January. It's now looking like it'll ship late January, early February. So I'm not sure where the "2 months past the expected release" part is coming from. With that said, you can certainly get a full refund as outlined in the last message from him (I'll link below). The waitlist for people to drop out is very long, so you'd certainly be doing someone a huge favor by canceling.

    http://www.slumberhouse.com/zahd

    I understand people are impatient, but keep in mind that people tend to take breaks over the holidays (perfumers and perfume bottle manufacturers alike). Incredibly selfish of them, I know.
    That's why there are calendars, with the holidays printed on them, so we can all plan our breaks and offer deadlines accordingly

    I don't think it is unreasonable to have a few questions now that there have been two delays with the bottles. It makes me a little concerned about the bottle company and there ability to produce the finished product. But we shall see.
    Currently wearing: 31 rue Cambon by Chanel

  12. #282

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    That's why there are calendars, with the holidays printed on them, so we can all plan our breaks and offer deadlines accordingly

    I don't think it is unreasonable to have a few questions now that there have been two delays with the bottles. It makes me a little concerned about the bottle company and there ability to produce the finished product. But we shall see.
    For a number of reasons (but mainly because of a very restrictive one-time offer made by PayPal), the decision to do this had to be made within 48 hours. Trust me, there was little time to plan -- just a lot of frantic communications back and forth behind the scenes with a handful of people. The plans and designs had been drafted quite some time prior, but putting them into effect was all part of an insanely stressful and rushed couple of days. The result was less than ideal, and calendars weren't even a part of the equation.

    Nothing unreasonable about having a few questions about delays / timing, but again, feel free to jump ship at any time!

  13. #283
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    Does anyone honestly think that a bottle will make or break a brand? What does is the smell, price, and that's it.
    Not me. I don't really care what the bottle looks like. All I care about is the scent. Bottles are nice, but I look at it for five seconds the day I decide to wear the scent, whereas I have the scent on all day. I'm talking about blogs and others on here when I say that people are talking a lot about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Or else what?
    I didn't say "or else," you are falsely inferring. You should know better. What I mean is that he and everyone else is making a big deal about this so they really should be an improvement. He has toyed around with different bottles several times now that were all stock offerings so I am hoping he has made one/found one he can stick with. The delays are unfortunate but not his fault and I'd imagine not the fault of his bottle design, they just took a winter break which is sensible. I just wish these blogs and people talking on Facebook and stuff about it would just let the damn bottle design thing go.
    Last edited by OctaVariuM; 6th January 2014 at 08:31 PM.

  14. #284

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I didn't say "or else," you are falsely inferring. You should know better. What I mean is that he and everyone else is making a big deal about this so they really should be an improvement.
    I apologize; I misread you. And yes, the way I read it struck me as odd coming from you.

    I haven't seen much in the way of online discussion, largely because I don't pay much attention to such thing. I'll see if there's any news.

  15. #285
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I apologize; I misread you. And yes, the way I read it struck me as odd coming from you.

    I haven't seen much in the way of online discussion, largely because I don't pay much attention to such thing. I'll see if there's any news.
    There are a few Facebook groups I belong to that discuss fragrances that are talking about it, several of the people are clamoring for a bottle but didn't order one, and so many people are hoping people will cancel due to the wait. Several others are practically drowning themselves at the thought of a new bottle.

  16. #286

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Slumberhouse could send Zahd to me in an empty coke bottle and I wouldn't care. Just praying to the perfume gods that I make the waiting list. If I don't, I'll fly to Paris, climb up to Notre Dame's bell tower and desperately fling myself ... okay, no.

  17. #287
    zatarain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    ^ lol, glad you came to your senses.

    I daresay that once the bottles arrive, some people will find they don't actually love it and will sell their bottles. Though I cringe to think what the price may be. So, yeah, waiting list!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

  18. #288

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    ^ lol, glad you came to your senses.

    I daresay that once the bottles arrive, some people will find they don't actually love it and will sell their bottles. Though I cringe to think what the price may be. So, yeah, waiting list!

    Hmm. Actually, I was exaggerating, my favorite pastime. I probably won't love it all that much, either, so no hiking up the price anybody, I mean ... it's just a perfume, nothing special. I've already sampled it. Sob! I LIE! It's divine! Er...somewhat.

  19. #289

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    So, just a quick Zahd update: The original late Dec / early Jan quote from the initial order date was pushed back to late Jan shipping as per the last email. As of now, that's where things remain. So it's still a few weeks off before Zahd ships, but the delay is pretty small. As mentioned, if anyone wants to jump ship (I doubt any of you really do), it's definitely an option still. Part of the delay also stems from some bank screw-ups in handling the money, but it seems to be taken care of now. So things are on the move, and it's just going to require a little more patience.

    Also, just to clarify further the reason for the design change: the long time it takes to prepare orders with the current bottles was seriously cutting into the time that Josh could have been using to create new scents. The etching process was the most time consuming aspect, and with the new packaging, this has been made more economical, which should result in more time spent creating.

    So, just a little bit longer to go, but if a couple of extra weeks on the original quote is too much, feel free to bow out with a full refund.

  20. #290
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    This will be my first Slumberhouse & I'm quite anxious for my bottle too. But it sounds like Zahd is a very special project to Josh & the packaging is also an important part of his vision. I'm just fine with waiting until he's pleased with the final outcome. Actually the anticipation is part of the fun!

    A beautiful, "crushed red velvet" perfume in time for Valentine's Day sounds great to me!!

  21. #291

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    ^ lol, glad you came to your senses.
    I daresay that once the bottles arrive, some people will find they don't actually love it and will sell their bottles. Though I cringe to think what the price may be. So, yeah, waiting list!
    There will be many that bought Zahd just for the $ value - knowing it's a limited edition etc etc - if I was like you / others waiting on the list, I'd patient & not jump as soon as it shows on ebay or other sites for a ransom of a price - trust me, this is going to happen & I don't want any of my fellow BN to fall into the trap like I almost did for Ore (luckily pulled out at the last second & didn't buy for 200+ - this was around Feb 2013).

    As for the bottles, appreciate what Josh does for "his" company & while the delay is irritating even for a die hard SH fan like me, it`s what it is, so keep calm & spray on other parfums in the mean time. Personally all I need are leak proof bottles with caps & would love boxes too to keep them off light - be it SH or any fragrance.

  22. #292
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    There will be many that bought Zahd just for the $ value - knowing it's a limited edition etc etc - if I was like you / others waiting on the list, I'd patient & not jump as soon as it shows on ebay or other sites for a ransom of a price - trust me, this is going to happen & I don't want any of my fellow BN to fall into the trap like I almost did for Ore (luckily pulled out at the last second & didn't buy for 200+ - this was around Feb 2013).

    As for the bottles, appreciate what Josh does for "his" company & while the delay is irritating even for a die hard SH fan like me, it`s what it is, so keep calm & spray on other parfums in the mean time. Personally all I need are leak proof bottles with caps & would love boxes too to keep them off light - be it SH or any fragrance.
    Agree when it comes everything you said, especially the ebay price hikes. Thanks for saving me on that one man!

  23. #293
    zatarain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Good advice, badarun!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

  24. #294

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    So, just a quick Zahd update: The original late Dec / early Jan quote from the initial order date was pushed back to late Jan shipping as per the last email. As of now, that's where things remain. So it's still a few weeks off before Zahd ships, but the delay is pretty small. As mentioned, if anyone wants to jump ship (I doubt any of you really do), it's definitely an option still. Part of the delay also stems from some bank screw-ups in handling the money, but it seems to be taken care of now. So things are on the move, and it's just going to require a little more patience.

    Also, just to clarify further the reason for the design change: the long time it takes to prepare orders with the current bottles was seriously cutting into the time that Josh could have been using to create new scents. The etching process was the most time consuming aspect, and with the new packaging, this has been made more economical, which should result in more time spent creating.

    So, just a little bit longer to go, but if a couple of extra weeks on the original quote is too much, feel free to bow out with a full refund.
    Thank you for the update, deadidol. That makes much more sense to me than just a delay due to holiday breaks, since the original ship date (which I imagine was given based on the bottle companies quoted availability date) was late Dec/early Jan. I could only imagine that the holidays were already factored in, as any retailer/manufacturer would do when giving out availability dates during that timeframe. It made me wonder if there was a problem with the bottles, more than just holiday breaks.

    Thanks again.
    Currently wearing: 31 rue Cambon by Chanel

  25. #295
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I can't wait any longer. This is rediculous. I am dropping out...

    .

    .

    .

    .

    .

    Just kidding!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

  26. #296

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    An early review of Zahd now up here:

    http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-niche...d-velvet-draw/

  27. #297
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    An early review of Zahd now up here:

    http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-niche...d-velvet-draw/
    Wow - sounds like Josh came through! Congrats to those who got in on this one!

    (LOL - and Mark bought a bottle - you don't even have to read the review, once you know THAT little fact.)
    * * * *

  28. #298

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    (LOL - and Mark bought a bottle - you don't even have to read the review, once you know THAT little fact.)
    Hehe! I know, right?

    The statement, "Zahd is an exquisite perfume experience that is among the best perfumes I have tried in the last ten years" is also very telling!

  29. #299
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Hello DeadIdol,

    two fast questions,

    - Norne will be in stock with new bottle again or it won't???? I miss last offer and I want a bottle.
    - When will be Zahd samples available again?

    I really love Josh creations.

  30. #300
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverb View Post
    Hello DeadIdol,

    two fast questions,

    - Norne will be in stock with new bottle again or it won't???? I miss last offer and I want a bottle.
    - When will be Zahd samples available again?

    I really love Josh creations.
    1. Yes
    2. Never

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse Ore
    By OctaVariuM in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th April 2013, 02:01 AM
  2. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  3. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM
  4. Slumberhouse
    By UngerWoo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000