Code of Conduct
Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3803

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Damn, deadidol, that’s a fantastic review.
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

I just dug my sample of Norne out of my stash and noticed it is the extrait version. Does anyone know if the new release will be the eau de parfum or the extrait?

Quote Originally Posted by MWP View Post
    I just dug my sample of Norne out of my stash and noticed it is the extrait version. Does anyone know if the new release will be the eau de parfum or the extrait?

Likely the extrait, he hasn't made it in EDP format since 2013 as far as I know.
    Currently wearing: Ore by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    Likely the extrait, he hasn't made it in EDP format since 2013 as far as I know.
    I hope so. Thanks.

While I'm glad that Josh updated us, and I'm satisfied with the content of the update, I'm still perplexed by the way he chooses to communicate. Commenting on a comment on a nine-week-old IG post? Why didn't he just make a new IG post? Do another live? Or in any other way that would be highly visible, speak directly to his fanbase? It's like whispering to your buddy when what you really need to do is strike your glass and make a toast. Speak to us, Josh! We will judge you gently!

Also, asking again, does anyone remember whether Josh announced that samples of the upcoming scents will be available?

Another question, anybody remember which scents Twisted Lily carried when they first took on the line? I got a sample set from them the week the brand hit the store, and I still have all the samples (none are fully empty yet), but the labels are so faded, I can't tell what's what. Jeke, Norne, Sadanne, Kiste, Ore and Pear + Olive are clear enough, but I have one or two more (don't have the set in front of me right now), which I think are either/both Vikt or/and Sova. So have I smelled Sova? Y'all tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWaste View Post
    While I'm glad that Josh updated us, and I'm satisfied with the content of the update, I'm still perplexed by the way he chooses to communicate. Commenting on a comment on a nine-week-old IG post? Why didn't he just make a new IG post? Do another live? Or in any other way that would be highly visible, speak directly to his fanbase? It's like whispering to your buddy when what you really need to do is strike your glass and make a toast. Speak to us, Josh! We will judge you gently!

Also, asking again, does anyone remember whether Josh announced that samples of the upcoming scents will be available?
    I was pondering over the same thing: it makes no sense to reply to a single comment. It also makes very little sense that he wouldn't know that by mentioning a specific date, he was setting fans up to prepare themselves (it seems this was a mistake and he meant to clarify, but still). Surely he knows how fast orders come in once new frags go live (I mean, presumably, he's the one who fills them)... So it is quizzical he wouldn't realize his fans would want to prepare to place orders on the 20th specifically if that's the only date he mentioned (and, frankly, it's the only specific date he has mentioned in quite some time). Glad that he had enough sense to make any clarification, though. I'm sure we're all appreciative of that.

There have been some who say that questioning Josh's methods is acting "entitled." I say we're acting reasonably in a system which has a certain set of expectations about what a business is and what a reasonable one should do for its customers (never mind its loyal fanbase, without which the business wouldn't exist).

I know I'm extremely excited to place an order for a couple of fragrances I've been building excitement about for a while (sp. Norne & Mond), so any communication from Josh has helped to keep my Excite Ship afloat, despite the undercurrent of missed communication opportunities threatening it.

To answer one of your questions, I do recall reading that Josh was planning to release sample sets for this release. I believe this was said in an exchange during one of the recent Instagram Live sessions, though don't have a source on this... so take it with the same huge grain of salt that you'd take any proposed Slumberhouse release date, lol.

As a side note: while I'm glad he communicated about his plan for this week, the only real disappointment I had about yesterday was the fact that I was at a Renaissance Fair... I just felt as though there would have been something apropos about ordering Slumberhouse from my phone at a Ren Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    There have been some who say that questioning Josh's methods is acting "entitled." I say we're acting reasonably in a system which has a certain set of expectations about what a business is and what a reasonable one should do for its customers (never mind its loyal fanbase, without which the business wouldn't exist).
    I too am very much looking forward to order the new Slumberhouse fragrances, but I wish people would recognize and accept that Josh doesn't operate a "reasonable business" (just like he doesn't release "proper fragrances"). And though his quizzical ways/sporadic communication may sometimes be frustrating for customers, they are part of what makes Slumberhouse so distinct. Personally, I hope he never changes, because that might jeopardize his unique creative process.

(As a side note, I think anyone who wants to dig a little deeper and try to understand where Josh is coming from in terms of artistic vision might want to look into his part creative venture, the band Velvet Caccoon...)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhour View Post
    (As a side note, I think anyone who wants to dig a little deeper and try to understand where Josh is coming from in terms of artistic vision might want to look into his part creative venture, the band Velvet Caccoon...)
    Huh, that's interesting, I didn't know he was part of a band. What does he play?

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Huh, that's interesting, I didn't know he was part of a band. What does he play?
    Guitar, diesel harp, and people's minds

Guitar, diesel harp, and people's minds
    Ok, I have to ask, what the heck is a diesel harp?

I Googled it and found a few references to Velvet Caccoon, some stuff about harps generally, and some stuff about modified diesel trucks. And apparently somebody has a pit bull named Diesel Harp. Which is a great pit bull name.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'll admit that Josh's unwillingness to operate Slumberhouse as a well-functioning business has a kind of clumsy charm to it, but, I mean, clicking the reply to comment button instead of the make a new post button on IG isn't part of his artistic process: it's an eccentricity to be tolerated. It would be like if in between every take, instead of calmly walking back to his trailer, Joaquin Phoenix tripped over the craft services table. And everybody's like, Joaquin, the craft services table is *all the way* on the other side of the set. It's in the exact opposite direction of your trailer. Just walk towards your trailer, man. Just, like, try to head in the right direction.

That said, despite owning, I don't know, 200 bottles of scent, Slumberhouse is the only brand I follow with this level of dedication, and it's in no small part because this level of dedication has historically been required of fans in order to actually obtain bottles. Ever since I missed Lanz, I've been on top of breaking Slumberhouse news like some messy simile. Whether Josh is inscrutable by design or nature, there's no question that the unreliability of releases has helped fuel anticipation.

I did a little research, I love the Metal Archive's description for the band:

"The band are notorious for a series of lies and rumors spread by the band's primary songwriter SGL (Josh), including a supposed break-up, a reformation, making up albums and demos that never existed, acts of ecoterrorism, being committed in an insane asylum, and dramatic live performances. Josh would later admit that these various claims were falsified in an interview with an Italian fanzine.

Velvet Cacoon's shoegaze/psych-folk recordings were stolen albums. The demo "How the Last Day Came and Stayed then Faded into Simulated Rain" was almost completely stolen from Korouva's Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette. (Korouva's album has ten tracks, while Velvet Cacoon's demo has nine, although two tracks that can be found on Korouva's Myspace are not on the Velvet Cacoon demo). The "Dizzy from Eternity" demo is My Violent Ego's Clicks & Hisses.

Josh and Angela claim that their music is highly influenced by drugs, specifically dextromethorphan (DXM). Both members also claim to be celibate by choice."

Also, I believe I found a few (admittedly low-quality) pictures of Josh.

sgl02.jpg

9536_artist.jpg
    Currently wearing: Ore by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I did a little research, I love the Metal Archive's description for the band:

"The band are notorious for a series of lies and rumors spread by the band's primary songwriter SGL (Josh), including a supposed break-up, a reformation, making up albums and demos that never existed, acts of ecoterrorism, being committed in an insane asylum, and dramatic live performances. Josh would later admit that these various claims were falsified in an interview with an Italian fanzine.

Velvet Cacoon's shoegaze/psych-folk recordings were stolen albums. The demo "How the Last Day Came and Stayed then Faded into Simulated Rain" was almost completely stolen from Korouva's Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette. (Korouva's album has ten tracks, while Velvet Cacoon's demo has nine, although two tracks that can be found on Korouva's Myspace are not on the Velvet Cacoon demo). The "Dizzy from Eternity" demo is My Violent Ego's Clicks & Hisses.

Josh and Angela claim that their music is highly influenced by drugs, specifically dextromethorphan (DXM). Both members also claim to be celibate by choice."

Also, I believe I found a few (admittedly low-quality) pictures of Josh.

sgl02.jpg

9536_artist.jpg
    I DEFINITELY want to buy something called SLUMBERHOUSE as a fragrance from someone that looks like the guy in this picture. There is NO DOUBT.
    ...and I DEFINITELY want to jam metal, psycho-folk improvs that have enough structure to settle into a deep shoegaze seaglass rhythm that feels carved out of geodes and smells of ancient fires, fresh cut timber, sweet wildflower, and steely granite...ahhhhhhh....
    Currently wearing: Vikt by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Haha.
    Stumblerhouse.

Hate aside, I still want to try out Jeke and Ore.
    Well, I have both and they are both wonderful, which is why this kind of thing really pisses me off.

I'm not surprised nothing was released on the 20th. I expected it based on how things have been this past year.

A wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I'm not surprised nothing was released on the 20th. I expected it based on how things have been this past year.

A wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
    Dear UncleBuck,

Currently wearing: Vikt by Slumberhouse

Oh man, he got something released on Southern Lord records?
    Man...that ain't no chump backyard rock band label. Some of my favourite groups are either on SL or were.
    It must've been a group with enough of a following and clout to have had something released by them...

Speaking of release, anyone expecting anything to drop in the next 12 hours or so?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    Oh man, he got something released on Southern Lord records?
    Man...that ain't no chump backyard rock band label. Some of my favourite groups are either on SL or were.
    It must've been a group with enough of a following and clout to have had something released by them...

Speaking of release, anyone expecting anything to drop in the next 12 hours or so?
    He wrote "sometime this week" so it will probably be the end of the week lol

Southern Lord=SL... SLumberhouse.
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

Just took some pictures of my Slumberhouse bottles while I wait patiently for the upcoming releases. Thought I'd share them with you fine folk. Would love to see pictures from other Slumberhouse fans.

20191022_141359.jpg
    20191022_140142.jpg
    20191022_140201.jpg
    20191022_141032.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Just took some pictures of my Slumberhouse bottles while I wait patiently for the upcoming releases. Thought I'd share them with you fine folk. Would love to see pictures from other Slumberhouse fans.
    Do you even use them?

Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    Do you even use them?
    Yes. Not as often as I should, though.

Basenotes Plus

Do you even use them?
    I don’t find myself reaching for my Slumberhouse very often. For whatever reason.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

That said, where's Zahd? Your notes say you're currently wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHommersen View Post
    That said, where's Zahd? Your notes say you're currently wearing it.
    Sample. I don't own a bottle of Zahd.
    I also have samples of Vikt, Mare and Kiste.

Personally, I've always felt aside from Pear + Olive that the rest of the line was something I wore when I was in the mood to...most often in the late fall and winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I don’t find myself reaching for my Slumberhouse very often. For whatever reason.

Do you even use them?
    I was going to ask the same thing!
    Amazing collection. Too bad he didn't stick with these super-distinctive bottles. Any chance you could rate your collection? At least, where does Sova sit amongst your favorites? Norne? (Sorry if you've done this already, earlier!)

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Personally, I've always felt aside from Pear + Olive that the rest of the line was something I wore when I was in the mood to...most often in the late fall and winter months.
    That is spot on. I haven't worn any of mine in a few months, but i think I've worn kiste, baque, and norne this week.
    I've always thought P+O was a dry hot-weather scent for whatever reason.

What's the scent in the middle of the back row in the first three pictures, the light spearmint colored juice?

Looks like Grev.

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWaste View Post
    What's the scent in the middle of the back row in the first three pictures, the light spearmint colored juice?

Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast