Code of Conduct
Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 4153
o

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    That Zahd seems so light, even compared to junior_surgeon's bottle, not even mentioning the original. I wonder where is it from.
    There was a slew of iterations before Josh finalized the final batch, the sample looks like an earlier iteration - is the cranberry toned down?
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

According to Josh all of the prototypes were *combined together to create the finished product of Zahd, this is also a very similar color to a sample I made for a friend of the "dredged" version.
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 15th November 2019 at 02:44 AM. Reason: *combined together

Deadidol, any news from the emperor?

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWaste View Post
    Slumbyboi's got 7 hours to pony up the Sova, or else I'm buying that new Serge. I will not be buying Sova! Until it is released! At which point! I will pay full retail price for it!

That'll show him...

Eat my *cash,* Lobb!
    Thas fuhnee right thar lol!
    Currently wearing: Brosse by Slumberhouse

Just a couple of quick observations: I agree that the new Zahd looks much, much lighter than the original I have, which is a dark red and is actually visible on skin. I don't know what the new version smells like, but it sounds like it will cause less concern about staining of clothing! I also put on a spritz of Sova this morning (the one in the bottles that look a bit like the new ones, with marbles) for the first time in a while. I've never found it as gourmand as people have been saying recently, but my husband said today that to him it smells like Christmas baked goods and fruitcake. At any rate, it is a beautiful fragrance and one small spray is lasting me all day. It's definitely a cool weather fragrance, especially suitable for fall.

That's all I really need to know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    ... it smells like Christmas baked goods and fruitcake. ....

Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    That's all I really need to know, thanks.
    The only other thing I'd add would be that the dry down is very strongly coumarin-centric and that this phase lasts a LONG time.

I should've gotten Sixes and Sevens, my preferences align much more with the notes there, I can't recall why I didn't, I was probably going through a phase of being out of the hobby however short lived they are...

But there's always Sibet, my favorite by far, I know I'm the odd duck out on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    The only other thing I'd add would be that the dry down is very strongly coumarin-centric and that this phase lasts a LONG time.

I should've gotten Sixes and Sevens, my preferences align much more with the notes there, I can't recall why I didn't, I was probably going through a phase of being out of the hobby however short lived they are...

But there's always Sibet, my favorite by far, I know I'm the odd duck out on that one.
    I LOVE Sibet too! I know it doesn't get much love compared to the standard darlings but I can't get enough of it. I actually went ahead and backed it up when this new run came out.

Does anyone have an update on the Sova release?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHommersen View Post
    Does anyone have an update on the Sova release?
    Sova just purchased. woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Sova just purchased. woohoo
    Looks like we're live folks! Just placed my order.

Awesome! I just ordered a bottle each of Sova and Jeke. Backups... but I hope they are just slightly different frome the ones I have. I love batch variations!
    Slumberhouse addict!
    Currently wearing: Nudiflorum by Nasomatto

Indeed. Finally... a full bottle of Sova on it’s way to me!

Now that Sova is back and all the old stuff is new again, here's hoping we see something that is actually new, sometime soon. I mean, I'm happy for those who are late to the Slumberhouse party or people who want backups of the older stuff but there are some of us who don't fall into any of those two categories. What about us, Josh? What about us? We need something new.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Now that Sova is back and all the old stuff is new again, here's hoping we see something that is actually new, sometime soon. I mean, I'm happy for those who are late to the Slumberhouse party or people who want backups of the older stuff but there are some of us who don't fall into any of those two categories. What about us, Josh? What about us? We need something new.
    Agreed. We've only had one new release in the past three years. Everything else has been re-releases of old scents.

Glad to grab a SOVA with a Sibet sidecar.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Glad I was able to get a backup bottle of Norne directly from Josh, and delighted to finally pick up a bottle of Sova! As others have expressed, I too like these new bottles. Based purely on the design, the flask bottles were cool, but the new bottle design is nice too, and harkens back to classic Slumberhouse. In addition, the functionality of the sprayer and cap are much improved over the flask bottles!

I was also lucky enough to get one of the Zahd samples and was overjoyed to get my nose on it, even if it is at a lesser concentration than the production bottles, and only a sample vial's worth. Just from the little bit I got on the tips of my fingers from opening the vial, I could tell it had an intriguing and complex drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHommersen View Post
    Looks like we're live folks! Just placed my order.
    Yep I'm on this one quick. I've never had a chance to smell it before so this will be a blind buy, which is exciting. Watch that it becomes my favorite, that would be funny!

Sent on mobile - sorry for errors.

Said f it and bought a bottle of Sova.

Got 2 sova and 2 more norne... I'm set for life

Couldn't buy Sova quickly enough. I have earlier versions of everything else, save Sibet which isn't something I need a bottle of. Looking forward to the new stuff now.

Anyone read the description for Sova? It says;

"Do not spray on white clothing or linen. Suggested to rub this perfume into skin upon spraying for best effect."

It doesn't say that on any of the others. Any of you tried rubbing-in any of your Slumberhouse scents?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Plus

"Do not spray on white clothing or linen. Suggested to rub this perfume into skin upon spraying for best effect."

It doesn't say that on any of the others. Any of you tried rubbing-in any of your Slumberhouse scents?
    I do with all of them. Josh suggested it generally in an interview I read a year or two ago. I don’t know that it changes the scent profile much, but it saves me a spray or two and mellows out the projection a bit, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I do with all of them. Josh suggested it generally in an interview I read a year or two ago. I don’t know that it changes the scent profile much, but it saves me a spray or two and mellows out the projection a bit, which I like.
    You mean like spray 1 on your wrist for example and rub it on your neck?

Basenotes Plus

I usually spray one on each wrist and rub into each side of my neck. If I am wearing to work, I spray on one wrist and rub into the other.

I have purchased a partial bottle of Sibet and never ended up trying it (i bought a lot of other stuff recently), but i sprayed one last night and man.. i love it. When i first got it, i smelled the sprayer and immediately put it in my cupboard, it was way too strong just by smelling the sprayer and wasn't a fan of how it smelled either. But wearing it it's totally different. It has a little old-school vibe, like those 80-90's powerhouse fragrances, but smells very pleasant. I don't really get any animalic/goat hair vibe, or at least very little. Just by looking at the notes, i never would have thought i will end up liking it so much, it looked very weird at first.

Ah, Jeke 2019 smells just like I remember it. It's exceptionally potent. I love it.

I just avoid lighter colored clothing with any Slumberhouse fragrances.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Aaand... the shop is gone again. No Slumber for another 1,5 years, folks.

Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast