Code of Conduct
Page 132 of 139 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4156
o

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

( I’m a thread killer I guess. I’m very sorry!)
    Currently wearing: Brosse by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDough View Post
    ( I’m a thread killer I guess. I’m very sorry!)
    Nah... You are no such thing! Lots of Sova talk over the past month and maybe not a lot left to share right now. I have my bottle but haven't worn this iteration yet. I'll be able to add to your thoughts once I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Nah... You are no such thing! Lots of Sova talk over the past month and maybe not a lot left to share right now. I have my bottle but haven't worn this iteration yet. I'll be able to add to your thoughts once I do.
    Thank you Dear Oud Dude!
    I would relish your Sova comparison from the iteration you possess to the current version

So is it too early to start building up hype for the 100 ml releases? I can say that I'm stoked for sure. What would you want in a 100 ml size?

Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    So is it too early to start building up hype for the 100 ml releases? I can say that I'm stoked for sure. What would you want in a 100 ml size?
    I’m not going to get my wish but I want a 100ml of Brosse more than anything...

I’m not going to get my wish but I want a 100ml of Brosse more than anything...
    It's a bit of a tasteless tease to post these now, but I seriously think that Brosse is Josh's most wearable fragrance, at least in the colder half of the year, and I'm with you in wishing it would see a proper release.

ZqkFadN.jpg

How much for the flask?

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    It's a bit of a tasteless tease to post these now, but I seriously think that Brosse is Josh's most wearable fragrance, at least in the colder half of the year, and I'm with you in wishing it would see a proper release.

ZqkFadN.jpg
    I remember you had both of these! I’ve been snatching up the 15ml bottles wherever I can find them but still would like a real bottle. It’s my absolute favorite SH.

Have people had bottles and samples of the 2019 batches long enough to compare to previous years?

My experience so far has been that everything smells quite similar with the exception of the initial applications of Ore and Jeke, though I feel like the concentrations have been reduced a bit, most notably in Jeke and Norne. Ingredients surely vary in color and and potency from year to year but I think that the concentration is also a factor in the color shift. Here is a picture of several batches of Norne, from left to right there are vials of 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2019. I'm not complaining, as I haven't noticed a huge hit in longevity or anything, just an observation.

20191203_201813.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    I'd say the two I'd want the most in a 100 ml size are Norne and Aubergine Firs if it smells as good as I hope it will. I'd also take a 100 ml of Brosse as well...
    Currently wearing: Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Have people had bottles and samples of the 2019 batches long enough to compare to previous years?

My experience so far has been that everything smells quite similar with the exception of the initial applications of Ore and Jeke, though I feel like the concentrations have been reduced a bit, most notably in Jeke and Norne. Ingredients surely vary in color and and potency from year to year but I think that the concentration is also a factor in the color shift. Here is a picture of several batches of Norne, from left to right there are vials of 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2019. I'm not complaining, as I haven't noticed a huge hit in longevity or anything, just an observation.

20191203_201813.jpg

Wow! That pic sure seems to prove your point on concentration from 2012 to now, doesn't it...
    Currently wearing: Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Wow! That pic sure seems to prove your point on concentration from 2012 to now, doesn't it...
    That or he hasn't stored them in total darkness. That liquid is sure to fade over the years.

Josh just replied to my email saying that all overseas orders were delayed and just picked up today by the carrier and now en route. He promised me a tracking, so hopefully others will receive it as well. Now i'm not sure that i will receive it before christmas, which sucks.

speaking of Brosse,
    I’ve never had the chance to sample this one though I’ve wanted to for quite some time. It sounds, especially through the refresh conversation here, like a homerun for me too.
    Just checking in( I DONT WANT TO HURT ANYONES ENTREPRENEURIAL PURSUITS. I RESPECT ALL): I’ve got a chance for 3+ml Brosse decant for around $80-90 shipped through a seller on E*aye!( lol). Worth it price-wise?( I know it’s subjective and what the customer will pay is what it’s worth)

speaking of Brosse,
    I’ve never had the chance to sample this one though I’ve wanted to for quite some time. It sounds, especially through the refresh conversation here, like a homerun for me too.
    Just checking in( I DONT WANT TO HURT ANYONES ENTREPRENEURIAL PURSUITS. I RESPECT ALL): I’ve got a chance for 3+ml Brosse decant for around $80-90 shipped through a seller on E*aye!( lol). Worth it price-wise?( I know it’s subjective and what the customer will pay is what it’s worth)
    I paid 200 for a 15ml Brosse. Not saying i regret it, especially since it doesn't seem like it will be re-released in the near future, but it's nothing special. It's very amber-y on me, can't really detect anything else. Also not really gourmand-y. It's wearable for sure, but so does most of the Slumberhouses (for me, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    I paid 200 for a 15ml Brosse. Not saying i regret it, especially since it doesn't seem like it will be re-released in the near future, but it's nothing special. It's very amber-y on me, can't really detect anything else. Also not really gourmand-y. It's wearable for sure, but so does most of the Slumberhouses (for me, at least).
    Thank you mszigetihu!
    Other thoughts on pricing vs love of Brosse? It’s likely not going to be reissued?
    ( and anyone willing to part with a small sample/decant?)

20191203_201813.jpg
    Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by treyshua View Post
    That or he hasn't stored them in total darkness. That liquid is sure to fade over the years.
    It could, but these have been carefully stored and the darkest one is the oldest variation from 2012.

Oxidation and evaporation perhaps. These little vials aren't always air tight even if they are stored in a stable environment out of light. I've had this happen with several decants in the past.

It could, but these have been carefully stored and the darkest one is the oldest variation from 2012.
    MadHat Scents

Under the Shade of Santal - (A dark, woody-spicy fragrance devoted to sandalwood, specifically santal album.)

Tears of Boswellia - (Incense & Woods with 4-year old Boswellia Tear Tincture.)

Thank you mszigetihu!
    Other thoughts on pricing vs love of Brosse? It’s likely not going to be reissued?
    ( and anyone willing to part with a small sample/decant?)
    For me, Brosse is all about a deep resinous/woody/amber/slight tobacco/sandalwood/vanilla base with rum/cognac, allspice, maybe a little clove and slight dried fruits. I might have an official Brosse sample I can send you if I can find it. Send me a message with your address and I’ll send it to you!

Is brosse coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    Is brosse coming back?
    I highly doubt it. Certainly not for the next couple years. I've inquired about it and there's just more pressing releases in the pipeline for now. If there was going to be a release it would have been in '18 when that "botched" batch wound up being given away. Of course, deadidol will know more than I!

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by treyshua View Post
    Sure to fade? Interesting.

I've had dozens of decants, plus a few bottles, change color - always darkening, never lightening. Is there a particular reason related to chemistry (or otherwise) you think they should get lighter as opposed to darker?

speaking of Brosse,
    Not worth it.

For me, Brosse is all about a deep resinous/woody/amber/slight tobacco/sandalwood/vanilla base with rum/cognac, allspice, maybe a little clove and slight dried fruits. I might have an official Brosse sample I can send you if I can find it. Send me a message with your address and I’ll send it to you!
    Thank you Oud Dude!
    PM’d you

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Not worth it.
    Thanks for your feedback! Do you like the notes in Brosse? I’m quite reluctant to spend high at the moment for just a smidgen on something when Josh has his store back up and running, despite this initial ( expected) backlog,...and with patience can grab the bigboy sizes and hopefully even Kote or Aubergine Firs too possibly very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Sure to fade? Interesting.

I've had dozens of decants, plus a few bottles, change color - always darkening, never lightening. Is there a particular reason related to chemistry (or otherwise) you think they should get lighter as opposed to darker?
    Agreed, my experience has been about the same. I do have another older Norne sample that is lighter now, but it has obviously spoiled seeing as the liquid has turned light green and there are dark green chunks at the bottom and it smells like pickles. Otherwise they usually just get darker.

These particular decants from my picture are fairly true to their original colors I'd say though, the 10ml vial on the left(the 2012) was actually only decanted out of it's original round-top bottle a few months back by a fellow basenoter. Admittedly the thicker diameter of the 10ml vial of that one makes the liquid look darker than the others(though it is almost black), but the other three that are 5ml, 3ml, and 2ml respectively have about the same diameter.

The first flask bottles of Norne were still dark green in 2014, but since 2015 they have been some variation of brown.

I'm wearing Sova today for the first time since acquiring it. I'm so glad to have it back in the collection after selling my previous bottle to help pay for wedding related expenses a few years back.

It smells that same from memory to my previous glass bead bottle. By far and above my favorite offering from Slumberhouse. It's sweet but not syrupy or gourmand...I imagine bails of damp hay, dark sun-soaked barn wood and sun-dried hops. Fantastic.
    MadHat Scents

Under the Shade of Santal - (A dark, woody-spicy fragrance devoted to sandalwood, specifically santal album.)

Tears of Boswellia - (Incense & Woods with 4-year old Boswellia Tear Tincture.)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Not worth it.
    I concur. I sold my 15ml for about $75. It reminded me of those Li Hung Mui plums we used to buy in Hawaii. Interesting but not something I particularly want to smell like. All those 15ml bottles were from a supposedly botched batch so not sure what it’s intended to smell like.
    Currently wearing: Norne by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    All those 15ml bottles were from a supposedly botched batch so not sure what it’s intended to smell like.
    I have asked about this before and people said that it smelled just as fine as the Brosse that was sold regularly.

Page 132 of 139 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast