Code of Conduct
Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 4452

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
    Perhaps you're thinking of the Twisted Lily sale?

I'm such a n00b!

Luckyscent suppose to ship orders yesterday but itís still not shipped antibody have any information how long is it delayed now. Website stil day shipping March 23rd and today is 24th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    Luckyscent suppose to ship orders yesterday but it’s still not shipped antibody have any information how long is it delayed now. Website stil day shipping March 23rd and today is 24th

Just a general delay with everything that is going on. I got one of my slumberhouse orders last week and the other was supposed to ship yesterday. Whats another week at this point....
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by solvovir View Post
    Just a general delay with everything that is going on. I got one of my slumberhouse orders last week and the other was supposed to ship yesterday. Whats another week at this point....
    Actually one more week at this point is a lot especially me being manager in Walmart I work 10hrs a day surrounded with 1000 of customers daily and can get sick any time and then who cares about colognes.
    I rather smelled them while I am still healthy

Luckyscent suppose to ship orders yesterday but it’s still not shipped antibody have any information how long is it delayed now. Website stil day shipping March 23rd and today is 24th

Because of all the problems with COVID-19 going on, your typo made me laugh!

Hopefully you can build up a whole lot of "antibody's" and stay healthy!

I just got new batch of Baque and itís skin scent with moderate longevity. I had 3 sprays and after 6-7 hours I catch it here and there but compared to some of my Amouage hugely disappointing performance.
    Lovely scent bad performance

I just got new batch of Baque and it’s skin scent with moderate longevity. I had 3 sprays and after 6-7 hours I catch it here and there but compared to some of my Amouage hugely disappointing performance.
    Lovely scent bad performance
    Are you sure you weren’t experiencing anosmia (”nose blindness”)? Almost every SH scent I’ve ever had has been an absolute monster in terms of both sillage and longevity to the point where I found anything more than a single spray to be overbearing. The exception to this was Sixes & Sevens, but Baque was very strong.

I would try again and ask others around you if it’s noticeable, or try a single spray on the wrists. It’s highly unlikely anything has been changed or watered down.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Are you sure you werenít experiencing anosmia (Ēnose blindnessĒ)? Almost every SH scent Iíve ever had has been an absolute monster in terms of both sillage and longevity to the point where I found anything more than a single spray to be overbearing. The exception to this was Sixes & Sevens, but Baque was very strong.

I would try again and ask others around you if itís noticeable, or try a single spray on the wrists. Itís highly unlikely anything has been changed or watered down.
    Itís a first wearing we will see. My nose ca detect everything really well I donít think itís anosmia.
    7 out of 10 days I wear one of my 20 amouages and I can smell the cloud for 10+ hours on most of them

Basenotes Plus

I have had three versions of Baque, including the newest release. They all project pretty well and last all day. I wouldn’t compare it to something like Amouage Interlude though, obviously.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Default Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I have had three versions of Baque, including the newest release. They all project pretty well and last all day. I wouldnít compare it to something like Amouage Interlude though, obviously.
    I donít like interlude, figment and reflection so I sold them and have everything else. Compared to al other Amouages Baque is week. Only Amouage that lasts 6hrs only is silver every other is 10+ hours bomb.

Actually my 6-7 Le Laboa last longer and project way better as well my vintage creeds, Rose D Arabie Armani Prive, HdP 1740...
    I guess I like strong colognes and slumberhouse might be strong for people that didnít experience Amouage

You're comparing synthetic EdPs to mostly natural extraits, which is like eating an apple and asking why it doesn't taste like an orange. Sounds like you're into loud synthetic fragrances which isn't what Slumberhouse specializes in.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkf View Post
    You're comparing synthetic EdPs to mostly natural extraits, which is like eating an apple and asking why it doesn't taste like an orange. Sounds like you're into loud synthetic fragrances which isn't what Slumberhouse specializes in.
    Not at all I am allergic to ambroxen and super iso e. You are making stupid assumptions without even knowing me. Actually all houses heavy in synthetics I avoid (comme de garÁons , PDM, Tauer ...)
    If you think that Amouage is heavy in synthetics you need to educate yourself better

Not at all I am allergic to ambroxen and super iso e. You are making stupid assumptions without even knowing me. Actually all houses heavy in synthetics I avoid (comme de garÁons , PDM, Tauer ...)
    If you think that Amouage is heavy in synthetics you need to educate yourself better

You are allergic to Iso E Super? lol ok.

Look, no need to get defensive. Le Labo, Armani, and yes even Amouage are heavily synthetic. Someone even posted a gc/ms of an Amouage formula and it was absent of just about any naturals. And Iso-E-Super, the material you're "allergic" to, is the #1 component in Jubilation XXV. So yes, Amouage uses synthetics to a fair degree. It's not a big secret, nor is it meant as an insult. I love Creed, probably my favorite house, but things like GIT are also heavily synthetic. Synthetics perform differently, and sometimes that's a good thing. Consistency, longevity, projection.

No need to get defensive or hurl insults. It's just perfume, mate.

The snobbish elitism that too often surfaces on this site is ugly, repulsive, and embraced by too many. Not everyone. But WAY too many.

Don’t know many hobby forums, outside politics, that gets like this.

Money sure can make some people stink like a noontime dumpster at a fish market.

You really wanna smell like that?
    Last edited by PlayDough; 30th March 2020 at 03:47 PM.

Amouage is synthetic as f**k, they just try to bullshit their buyers into this "its made in Oman, the home of perfumery, where virgin girls are collection the blackberry for our Jubilation XXV". But hey, at least it seems like its working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkf View Post

You might say its like hearing chloroquine is a cure and then drinking fish tank cleaner cause it has chloroquine in the name.

Just figured that this topic has more rude people than rest of the basenotes put together.
    I donít know if slumberhouse has to do anything with it

Just figured that this topic has more rude people than rest of the basenotes put together.
    I don’t know if slumberhouse has to do anything with it

Maybe it's because you came in here comparing Slumberhouse to other fragrance houses and were complaining about longevity issues, then claimed your Amouage weren't full of synthetics? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Maybe it's because you came in here comparing Slumberhouse to other fragrance houses and were complaining about longevity issues, then claimed your Amouage weren't full of synthetics? Just a thought.
    What I was doing is talking about performance of the new batch of Baque that I just got from luckyscent. I will get Norne, Jeke and Ore on Wednesday and I will leave another post about my impressions.
    So all of that is slumberhouse related and might help future buyer before he spends 180$ on 30ml cologne.
    What you guys are doing is just spamming and poisoning this thread. No wonder there is hardly any constructive talk here

What I was doing is talking about performance of the new batch of Baque that I just got from luckyscent. I will get Norne, Jeke and Ore on Wednesday and I will leave another post about my impressions.
    So all of that is slumberhouse related and might help future buyer before he spends 180$ on 30ml cologne.
    What you guys are doing is just spamming and poisoning this thread. No wonder there is hardly any constructive talk here

I don't know why you're wasting your money on Slumberhouse? If you think Baque is weak, the other ones will most likely be the same to you. Stick with your synthetic-but-not-synthetic Amouages and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    I don't know why you're wasting your money on Slumberhouse? If you think Baque is weak, the other ones will most likely be the same to you. Stick with your synthetic-but-not-synthetic Amouages and be happy.
    Because I like exploring niche houses and have enough money to do it. If I donít I wouldnít have or had 400+ bottles. And they would give opinion of every fragrance that I own or owner since it might help someone.
    But what you and couple of others are doing is for ban from forum . Hopefully you will realize it soon .

Basenotes Plus

Because I like exploring niche houses and have enough money to do it. If I donít I wouldnít have or had 400+ bottles. And they would give opinion of every fragrance that I own or owner since it might help someone.
    But what you and couple of others are doing is for ban from forum . Hopefully you will realize it soon .

You have every right to explore Slumberhouse, but you should admit when you're wrong.
    You came in here saying that Amouage uses natural ingredients and have amazing performance. Now I love Interlude Man and it is one of the most iconic scents that comes to mind, but there is no denying that it is heavily synthetic, as are all Amouage fragrances. Just like Tom Ford or Creed.

I will say this, Slumberhouse is as strong as it gets when it comes to houses that use mainly natural ingredients. Actually some of the scents are out and out beastly for what they are.

So check out the other ones, you might find their performance satisfactory. Or you could spray more. But I find the 30ml bottles go a long way.

Good luck with the rest of them. Personally I find most too linear or poorly constructed, but a few are unique gems.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?

I have both ore and jeke( Current batch),. They are both beasts
    Currently wearing: O/E by Bogue Profumo

Basenotes Plus

Amouage uses very little naturals in their fragrances. It is easy to detect this when you smell them. They have insane longevity. They shout. They're shrill. Forget what Amouage says - they do not use a lot of naturals.

Which is OK. I love a lot of Amouage scents. But let's call a spade a spade.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

I actually bought a shit ton over the years...ended up keeping ONE!

NORNE

Different strokes for different folks.......

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Amouage uses very little naturals in their fragrances. It is easy to detect this when you smell them. They have insane longevity. They shout. They're shrill. Forget what Amouage says - they do not use a lot of naturals.

Which is OK. I love a lot of Amouage scents. But let's call a spade a spade.
    Same here. I have a lot of Slumberhouse fragrances and several Amouage fragrances as well. I love both houses for different reasons.

Another house that uses almost all synthetics is Maison Francis Kurkdjian. I don't think he uses anything but synthetics, does he?

Anyway, back to Slumberhouse. Still holding out hope for Kote sometime this year...

Lol, the guy lost all credibility when he called slumberhouse “cologne” lololol
    Currently wearing: Ore by Slumberhouse

Hate to interrupt this Algonquin Round Table with useful information, but LuckyScent has been restocked:

https://www.luckyscent.com/brand/631/slumberhouse

So has Fumerie:
    https://www.fumerie.com/house/slumberhouse
    Last edited by HiMyNameIsWaste; 1st April 2020 at 06:38 PM.

This is very random and certainly off-topic, but... I was installing a glass screen protector on my phone and it required a UV light for the resin to set, and I noticed something interesting above my desk where I keep my most of my perfumes. (Also yes, I am aware UV can damage perfume, there was no prolonged exposure, just enough to get these pictures.)

20200402_093500.jpg

20200402_100115.jpg

20200402_100115.jpg

20200402_100036.jpg

20200402_100053.jpg

20200402_100128.jpg
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 2nd April 2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Tried to fix flipped pictures

Received Jeke and Norne yesterday from luckyscent
    Today I am giving full wearing to Jeke. Itís just a beginning of my work shift but I am impressed with it. Best tobacco scent I tried one hour into it and I can tell itís currently my favorite of the 4 I bought.
    Still have to wear Norne and Ore in the next 2 days. We will see but I doubt they will impression that Jeke left on me

Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast