Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

I sure don't know where one might. I was intending on scavenging the internet for one. I had only looked at the perfumed court and surrender to chance, but they didn't have it available.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I sure don't know where one might. I was intending on scavenging the internet for one. I had only looked at the perfumed court and surrender to chance, but they didn't have it available.
    I was in pretty much the same position hunting for SMN Peau d Espagne the last couple weeks. Some samples are nearly impossible to get. Oddly, none of those decant related sites carry either that one or SMN Patchouli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Got an unmarked sample from Josh yesterday. What does that mean. Looks the same color as Baque. Could it be?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Actually, I think you might have a new prototype of a scent called Kiste.

Have any idea of what the Kiste composition is like deadidol?
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

BK-leaECEAAwrg1.jpg

So, Kiste is coming back around? Here's a photo from it's first appearance, last year. Any idea if this is a new variation, like what we got with Zahd, or basically the same as his original samples?

There are a few ideas in circulation at any given moment, but Kiste was one of the prototypes from last year—a similar ballpark to Zahd, but with ginger, brandy, peach (not the kind of peach you'd expect). Sometimes a few unmarked vials will get sent out just to give people a taste of some of the ideas being developed, but they don't always come to fruition. Also in that image above is Kote which is an intentionally synthetic, quite dirty tobacco and almond scent, but in a previous life, it was more like wood polish.

Hmm, the color is like the Kist in the photo, well, inasmuch as one can tell from a photo. Will give it a try and see if I can detect whether it is Baque or Kist. I do have a small decant of Baque.

For those asking where to get them, I happened upon it on EBay. But it was a one off.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Wearing the unmarked sample today. It's similar to Baque but a lighter version I think. I don't think it's Kist, more likely a slightly reworked Baque.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Hm, this is all very interesting. I would try and talk to Josh about it, but I have a feeling he is busy as he didn't respond to my latest email (no big deal). Very much hoping for more new stuff from him.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Yeah, I had the same thing happen Octavarium. But he'll get to me eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Any of you guys fans of Sana?

I just got a bottle today and was surprised by how much I really like it. It's kind of like a coniferous pear, or its own bizarre fruit. I have no idea what notes I'm smelling. There's a soapiness in there as well. Weird, even for Slumberhouse, but easy to wear.

I don't know what I'd think if I smelled this on someone, maybe that they work in a candle shop or something. Between the fruit/pear, conifer, and soapy candle smell it reminds me of Christmas decorations--not food aromas--but all the other stuff you might smell around Christmas (potpourri, candles, wood, jackets).

Good stuff.
    I love Sana; I've gone on about it at length. What it smells like (to me/on me) is exactly the smell of the Northern Ontario forest round about July-ish. Algonquin, or the Bruce Peninsula trails... A kind of steamy but fresh leaf mould, some sort of nonspecific fruity scent (which might not actually be fruit; maybe it's poplar resin or something), conifer and cedar resin - mostly - over a ground of other things. It only works in warm weather, though. I've been really missing it - it hasn't been warm enough for me to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    I love Sana; I've gone on about it at length. What it smells like (to me/on me) is exactly the smell of the Northern Ontario forest round about July-ish. Algonquin, or the Bruce Peninsula trails... A kind of steamy but fresh leaf mould, some sort of nonspecific fruity scent (which might not actually be fruit; maybe it's poplar resin or something), conifer and cedar resin - mostly - over a ground of other things. It only works in warm weather, though. I've been really missing it - it hasn't been warm enough for me to wear it.
    I think it's one of the hardest scents to dissect. I know what a few of the components are, but some are very hard to pick out. There's a minty item in there, believe it or not!
    To me, it's the scent of a saddle horse. Totally bizarre association, I know, but that's what it reminds me of. Quite possibly one of his strangest compositions yet, but not weird for the sake of being weird.

Not to be speculative, but is someone fiddling with reviews of Slumberhouse on Lucky Scent?

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...mberhouse.html

There used to be reviews, some negative, some positive - and now nothing is listed in any of his fragrances.

Now the eboutique is back up

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    Now the eboutique is back up
    Progress being made! Although I had trouble reading the text in front of the photos. I was hoping there'd be pictures of the new bottles too. Maybe that is coming still.

Progress being made! Although I had trouble reading the text in front of the photos. I was hoping there'd be pictures of the new bottles too. Maybe that is coming still.
    Yep. I still think he needs to expand his regular offerings more. I'd LOVE to see him expand into lighter territories as seasonally appropriate, and heavier as that is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    Yep. I still think he needs to expand his regular offerings more. I'd LOVE to see him expand into lighter territories as seasonally appropriate, and heavier as that is appropriate.
    I hear you, but given his model is based solely on the art form, I would be highly surprised to see that. But you never can tell. You can always hope!

A query:

Does anyone know when the original Baque was officially discontinued? Years ago I ordered a small (15ml?) bottle of baque and rume along with some larger bottles of Grev and (old) Vikt. All of these had the black cross-hatch textured stickers with white print.

Then last year I orderd (directly from Josh) P&O and Sova in the newer glass-bead realizations with etched names on the bottles. Quite surprisingly, I was sent a bonus. No.. not a vial... not even a small sample or 30ml bottle... but a 100ml TALL bottle (current etched round tower) with the name Baque etched into it. (Do I have to remind people why I love this house? I ordered 60ml and got a bonus 100ml of one of my favorite scents... that, at the time, seemed discontinued).

But I'm not sure... hence the question... when was the former Baque discontinued. It's nice to have the earlier (paper label) release for comparison. The newer (bonus) version is a much thicker, sweeter, and darker concoction. (A comparisson of the bottle color and density would be unfair... they're very different bottle thicknesses. But on skin I see the stain of the spray... oily... must be spread before I put on clothes. The previous version doesn't have this thick oily consistency on skin nor the golden, almost greenish color.)

Just wondering if Baque was still being sold when he moved to the etched bottles with no caps. (In other words, was this some form of prototype for a newer version?) More likely (and humorously) it could be a botched batch... that he wanted to get rid of, hence the HUGE promotional bottle. But I doubt it. Nothing about this feels like an error. In fact, I love it... more smoke and far more long-lasting that my official purchase of Baque from the year before.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Wow. I've never seen Baque in an etched bottle ... only the stickered bottles. This is quite an interesting scenario....

Exactly, Naylor! (And I seem to recall that, at the time I ordered P&O and Sova, it was only four. These two plus (new) Jeke & Norne).

I am traveling now but when home I'll post a pic to show what I mean. Just trying to figure out if anybody else has this rendition of Baque, and where it falls in the evolution of the scent.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

FumeHood: So, Baque has had a couple of iterations, but hasn't changed that much. I can tell by the description you gave that what you have in the 100ml was from the last cask that was produced. Basically, the amber materials were ramped up a touch in this version, so the tobacco feels a little more subsided. In other words, it splits the difference between rich, boozy amber and tobacco pretty evenly. It was still EdP strength though, so the consistency shouldn't be *that* different from what you had before.

There was a small amount of a test extrait produced last year, but it wouldn't be enough to fill a 100ml bottle.
    Last edited by deadidol; 28th April 2014 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Wow. I've never seen Baque in an etched bottle ... only the stickered bottles. This is quite an interesting scenario....
    My bottle of Baque that I ordered direct from Josh last year is in an etched bottle, no cap, with marbles. It's not oily or greenish though, and does not seem to be particularly heavy in amber - mostly dry, warm tobacco.

Wow Fumehood! Any idea why the bonus was included? I had that happen once before (30mL), but there was a reason behind it, not just totally random.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

I never even knew Baque was available last year...

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I never even knew Baque was available last year...
    It wasn't, officially. There was a final batch of EdP and some drafts of an extrait.

I had the EdP, it was far too much for me. Literally screamed any time my body temperature would rise by a degree or two. I really would have liked to tried the extrait...maybe soon?

Just trying a newly received sample of Baque against an old one.

The colours are vey different with the new being golden, the old a little greenish (or, less golden).

The new initially has a far richer/deeper scent - booze soaked dried fruits, smoky, rich tobacco with less emphasis on the dry smoky wood than the other version.
    They seem to become closer after a while, the new remaining a more satisfying & far rounder composition imo.

The grown up child maybe?

So far - that's about twenty minutes in

Would buy if released...

Less similarity to Sova - seems only marginal at some early stages.

Around an hour in & beyond, a non-sweet vanilla emerged, the new remaining richer and darker, longevity improved (from dab samples) and no longer very close but still related.
    Last edited by lpp; 30th April 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Can anyone go into a little detail on how the current Norne Extrait and older Eau de Parfum concentrations differ? I remember not being a big fan of the EdP because I found it overwhelming...like I broke a bunch of pine needles together and rubbed them all over my skin along with some pine tar (anyone that's played ball knows the smell.) Reading different reviews now, I'm thinking a lot may have changed from the older stuff to the new.

Is there a big difference between the two? After trying the new Vikt and old...I have to say the two are almost completely different fragrances with the same name. Can the same be said for Norne?

The scent profile in Vikt was quite different (tamed vegetal notes, ramped up fennel etc.), but Norne hasn't changed that much. Although I don't have the two in front of me, the old EdP was pretty blaring and loud whereas I find that I can load up on the extrait version without having to worry that I'm going to foghorn people. In other words, the scent's quite the same, but the wearability has improved. It's a much more subtle difference though than the Vikt / Ore retooling which really were total revamps.

Exactly the information I was looking for, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    The scent profile in Vikt was quite different (tamed vegetal notes, ramped up fennel etc.), but Norne hasn't changed that much. Although I don't have the two in front of me, the old EdP was pretty blaring and loud whereas I find that I can load up on the extrait version without having to worry that I'm going to foghorn people. In other words, the scent's quite the same, but the wearability has improved. It's a much more subtle difference though than the Vikt / Ore retooling which really were total revamps.

Well deadidol, you were right. Norne Extrait is just a tamer version of the EdP which was indeed a fragrance that could foghorn like no other.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Norne...there seems to be one note that's throwing me off (there was one in Sova as well.) I think there may be some sort of odd spice (almost smells like the clove used in Grev EdP) pinned against the beautiful pine that's keeping me from putting this in the same category as Vikt Extrait.

I probably should have sampled, but at the time that wasn't an option...so I purchased the bottle. Debating on giving this a few more wears or not...thankfully I am using the sample that was later sent to me by a friend (after I made the purchase...unfortunately.)

Last edited by rynegne; 16th May 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Well deadidol, you were right. Norne Extrait is just a tamer version of the EdP which was indeed a fragrance that could foghorn like no other.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Norne...there seems to be one note that's throwing me off (there was one in Sova as well.) I think there may be some sort of odd spice (almost smells like the clove used in Grev EdP) pinned against the beautiful pine that's keeping me from putting this in the same category as Vikt Extrait.

I probably should have sampled, but at the time that wasn't an option...so I purchased the bottle. Debating on giving this a few more wears or not...thankfully I am using the sample that was later sent to me by a friend (after I made the purchase...unfortunately.)
    Vikt's a bit of a crowd pleaser, but Norne's one of the more visceral scents from the line. I don't think it has the castoreum of Sova, but there's something un-beautiful in it that works as a counterbalance. It actually took me a while to learn to appreciate it (which is sort of a theme with Slumberhouse). I don't think there's clove in there, but there are some camphorous facets to some of the materials. To me, it's the one scent that demands that you submit to it more than the other way around. Alongside scents such as Sova and Montecristo, Norne is all about an experience—an experience rather than simply a pleasant smell. In that sense, it's an investment to wear, but the payoff is huge.

A slightly softer version can be found in Sonoma Scent Studio's Forest Walk which takes the same aesthetic but pretties it up a tad.

No - no castoreum, just a one note that gets to me in both scents. Fortunately, the note goes away in Norne...the note that gave me a headache in Sova seemed to stay throughout the entire life of the fragrance.

The dry-down of Norne is beautiful though, I will say - I'm getting the same type of head shop vibe as HoM Blackbird several hours into the wear...obviously different type of smell but same overall heady/blurry/buzzed feel. The freezing f&^%#$ cold weather here today is perfect for testing (44 degrees currently.)

I too agree Slumberhouse scents are more about the experience. Rume is one of my favorites and that's definitely one of the fragrances it seems people have a hard time wrapping their heads around. I like it because it reminds me of winter holidays as a child. I'm going to give this one a few wears.

Vikt's a bit of a crowd pleaser, but Norne's one of the more visceral scents from the line. I don't think it has the castoreum of Sova, but there's something un-beautiful in it that works as a counterbalance. It actually took me a while to learn to appreciate it (which is sort of a theme with Slumberhouse). I don't think there's clove in there, but there are some camphorous facets to some of the materials. To me, it's the one scent that demands that you submit to it more than the other way around. Alongside scents such as Sova and Montecristo, Norne is all about an experience—an experience rather than simply a pleasant smell. In that sense, it's an investment to wear, but the payoff is huge.

A slightly softer version can be found in Sonoma Scent Studio's Forest Walk which takes the same aesthetic but pretties it up a tad.

The freezing f&^%#$ cold weather here today is perfect for testing (44 degrees currently.)
    It's like a million degrees here right now. I'm jealous.

Just wanted to pop in to say I'm enjoying reading you two chatting about this I'm in the middle of testing the whole line (although I am a bit clueless of which versions I am testing precisely) and can't wait to test the 5 samples left to test - Sova, Rume, Kere, Grev, P+O..
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Comme des Garçons - Black
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

I've tried a lot of them. They're not bad, but certainly not the pinnacle of perfumery. Some interesting accords, but I lose interest in the fragrances fairly quickly. Not sure what they'll do for perfumery but I appreciate his passion for it. Still have my samples. :-)

Pluran, Slumberhouse scents definitely aren't for everyone, some of them aren't for me either and I'm a fan of the line. Personally, I like the simplicity of the scents, their creative thought provoking qualities and mostly...the quality materials. Same goes for House of Matriarch, although I find them a little less though provoking and more easy to love for the average person.

Colin, sounds like you may be testing the EdP's...just based on the 5 scents you have. They're very good scents, pretty loud and a little more "singular" than the extraits...meaning...I find they don't change as much throughout the life of the fragrance.

And, I'm really wondering what the note is that I'm smelling in Norne...I haven't tried Grev in a few months (I don't have it anymore) but...I think the note I'm smelling is in Grev. Wish I had both to test side by side, clove is what came to mind.

Also, DEADIDOL...it snowed today. SNOW...in MAY! Crazy stuff, it's usually around 70 this time of year, at least here in the Chicago area. Don't be too jealous :-)

I am back in Slumberhouse Mare today. It has been my most worn fragrance this Spring. It is unusual, no question. There is something about that lush greenery in rain accord that really appeals to me. Projection is very limited, which I regard as a plus, but longevity is very good.

It won't appeal to everyone, but I do recommend that everyone give it a couple of wearings. Especially folks who like scents that evoke the outdoors.
    Last edited by james1051; 17th May 2014 at 02:56 PM.

I wonder what Josh is up to these days. Have not heard of a thing since Zahd...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I wonder what Josh is up to these days. Have not heard of a thing since Zahd...
    New packaging, retooling a few older scents for possible release, throwing around a few ideas for some new things. Switching to the new bottle design came with a few unexpected headaches.

So is mare going to available as part of the reugular line, by any chance?

Am hooked by DI's mention of petrichor, the rain effect :-)

Got the full set of samples of the regular line, a very generous free sample set shared by Indiescents when I ordered a bottle of LADDM, still waiting to try them out

Any suggestions on which to start with suitable for an Indian summer with 40C temp?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    So is mare going to available as part of the reugular line, by any chance?

Am hooked by DI's mention of petrichor, the rain effect :-)

Got the full set of samples of the regular line, a very generous free sample set shared by Indiescents when I ordered a bottle of LADDM, still waiting to try them out

Any suggestions on which to start with suitable for an Indian summer with 40C temp?

Wow, thats hot! Maybe try Pear&Olive, if that one came with your samples. I'll be switching over to P&O soon, too.

Knowing how the weather can be in India, I suggest you start with Grev, then Mare. No other's from this house might be suitable for 25 degree or more weather (with humidity + dust to factor in as well).

Zahd might work well too...
    Last edited by badarun; 17th May 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm guessing the sample set by indiscents only has Jeke, Vikt, P&O and Ore, correct ?

If so, i would definitely try P&O in the heat. Chest applications are key, don't go too heavy on the neck. I wore it two days ago (it was only 29 C here though) and it wore absolutely beautiful in that weather .
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 18th May 2014 at 06:25 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Colin, sounds like you may be testing the EdP's.
    Actually no, most of them are extrait! I wish I had other versions to compare...
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Comme des Garçons - Black
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm guessing the sample set by indiscents only has Jeke, Vikt, P&O and Ore, correct
    Yes and also a sample of Norne :-)

In hot humid weather, I wear P+O, Grev and Flou. Also Sana, which for me is the perfect expression of a hot summer day in the northern Canada wilderness - but I might be the only person who gets that impression (or who actually likes Sana that much) so don't take my word for it.

Mare doesn't hold up that well in heat for me - the weird "apple juice" note in the woody note comes out. It's for wearing only in transitional seasons - about 20C to 25 - ish.

I'd be interested to know if Mare will reappear. I've given it a second wearing and it's growing on me now. I'm also very curious as to which older scents will be making a reappearance! That is very exciting!

With him selling through his site again, are the fragrances now sold in the new bottle design? They're the same price, I thought they were going to get a price increase as well.

Vikt... so so darn good. I put it on at around 6pm Wednesday evening. It was raining and so gloomy out, needed something to comfort me. Took a shower the following morning, put on Straight to Heaven, and noticed a really amazing sour note coming through. Could not figure out what it was, thinking I had been missing an amazing note in StH all these times I've worn it. Then it hit me, that Vikt had survived the shower and was coming through StH. I go back and forth with which Slumberhouse is my favorite, and I think Vikt is definitely it right now. Noticed that right now on his website he's got it back up for sale, even in the 100ml. I thought he had sold out before, making this a new batch. If it is, then how does it compare to what he re-released about 4 months ago?
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    With him selling through his site again, are the fragrances now sold in the new bottle design? They're the same price, I thought they were going to get a price increase as well.

Vikt... so so darn good. I put it on at around 6pm Wednesday evening. It was raining and so gloomy out, needed something to comfort me. Took a shower the following morning, put on Straight to Heaven, and noticed a really amazing sour note coming through. Could not figure out what it was, thinking I had been missing an amazing note in StH all these times I've worn it. Then it hit me, that Vikt had survived the shower and was coming through StH. I go back and forth with which Slumberhouse is my favorite, and I think Vikt is definitely it right now. Noticed that right now on his website he's got it back up for sale, even in the 100ml. I thought he had sold out before, making this a new batch. If it is, then how does it compare to what he re-released about 4 months ago?
    I'm with you. Vikt extrait is my favorite Slumberhouse. It doesn't project much at all, but is tenacious.

I'd be interested to know if Mare will reappear. I've given it a second wearing and it's growing on me now. I'm also very curious as to which older scents will be making a reappearance! That is very exciting!
    I sure hope so, Danieq. Mare is a wonderful Spring scent.

Basenotes Plus

Speaking of, Mare is my scent of the day. I immediately thought of it when trying to decide what to wear for a day out at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Speaking of, Mare is my scent of the day. I immediately thought of it when trying to decide what to wear for a day out at the park.
    Snap

It's a wet spring day here, lots of new bright green leaves everywhere.

I have just been scrubbing Vikt off my wrist after nearly throwing up. A overwhelming creamy licorice concoction of I don't know what. It's horrrriddd, ahhhh I wish I could unsmell it. You have never seen anyone running to the bathroom as quick as me after smelling this. lol...... It's been a long while since a fragrance has giving me this reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have just been scrubbing Vikt off my wrist after nearly throwing up. A overwhelming creamy licorice concoction of I don't know what. It's horrrriddd, ahhhh I wish I could unsmell it. You have never seen anyone running to the bathroom as quick as me after smelling this. lol...... It's been a long while since a fragrance has giving me this reaction.
    Yeah, his work is definitely not for everyone. I personally love Vikt, but it gets a lot better after it sits on the skin for a long while. The incense that is revealed is one of the very best I've smelled.

The other one I tried was Norne and it was ok but not something i could wear as it was so concentrated and distracting.

I have a sample of Pear & Olive but I'm a bit apprehensive in trying it. I don't want to be running to the bathroom to scrub it off.

The other one I tried was Norne and it was ok but not something i could wear as it was so concentrated and distracting.

I have a sample of Pear & Olive but I'm a bit apprehensive in trying it. I don't want to be running to the bathroom to scrub it off.
    Pear and Olive is a whole lot more "crowd friendly" and daily wear friendly than the ones you have tried. It's really a beautiful fragrance, and the more you wear it the better it gets. I'd recommend spraying on ONE spray of the sample and trying it out.

I have sampled most Slumberhouse scents and own Pear & Olive, it is the easiest of them to wear in my opinion

Ok that eases my mind, I will give it a wear in the week.

Basenotes Institution

I like many Slumberhouse scents but I found Pear & Olive a bit sickening. It has a very 'savory' note in it (olive?) that is most definitely an acquired taste. My advice: test discretely.

Having said that I love love love Vikt.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Those of you who remember Vikt from before might remember it as a complex, almost vegetal metallic oud-type scent with some serious fennel overtones. It's been completely redone here, and frankly, as a scent that I never really liked much in its previous incarnation, this version of it is jawdropping. I'll try and write more later, but the best way I can describe it right now is that it's very much like the scent of chewing raw licorice sticks—somewhat medicinal, sticky, and invigorating. But to be even more reductive, this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    I realize this post is quite old, but I had to reply anyway. When I read "raw licorice sticks—somewhat medicinal, sticky, and invigorating", I knew I had to find this somewhere. Ever since my disappointment with Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, I have had my eyes open for a good licorice frag. And ORE is on my list of frags to look into, also.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like