Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Well, Josh was nice enough to set aside Jeke, Norne, and a backup bottle of Sova for me, so I should be purchasing them as soon as he sends the invoice! I'm a very happy fragrance enthusiast right now. These added to the collection make 7 scents my household owns from him (Pear and Olive being my mothers).

Norne has sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Norne has sold out.
    According to Josh I got the last bottle !

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Bought Vikt + mare.

I couldn't decide between Ore, Jeke or Vikt...ended up going with Vikt after a bit of consideration.

Basenotes Plus

My girlfriend got me Norne (she wanted to get it for our anniversary but I told her to wait for the sale).The only other thing missing from the current collection (aside from Pear and Olive, which doesn't match me well) was Ore and I got that.

In the next few days I should be receiving bottles of Vikt, Zahd, Norne, Sova, and Ore.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Is Zahd shipping soon?

^ Late December as of right now. It's just a matter of waiting for the new packaging to arrive, and hoping that the holidays won't cause any delays. The juice itself is ready to go.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Thanks for reporting. I'm anxious to smell it.

^ Late December as of right now. It's just a matter of waiting for the new packaging to arrive, and hoping that the holidays won't cause any delays. The juice itself is ready to go.
    Have you seen the new packaging? I'm really excited for Zahd and seeing what he's done.

Also, so glad this sale is going well for Josh. Finances kept me out of it, but hearing that Norne sold out so early is nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Have you seen the new packaging? I'm really excited for Zahd and seeing what he's done.
    I haven't! I'm as in the dark about the design as everyone else here.

There is really nothing like Norne in the world. It is in a class by itself in terms of realistic woods fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    There is really nothing like Norne in the world. It is in a class by itself in terms of realistic woods fragrances.
    I agree that Norne is unique, but the camphorous mintiness that the green pine gives kinda ruins it for me.

I'm just coming around to Ere by PK Perfumes, and I rate it a better realistic woods fragrance. It's less green, like Norne in autumn, but still very outdoors-y.

Even though I'm a big fan of Josh's (9 bottles and 3 smaller bottles of the older juices), I'm more likely to buy the Ere if I want a forest-like smell.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I agree that Norne is unique, but the camphorous mintiness that the green pine gives kinda ruins it for me.

I'm just coming around to Ere by PK Perfumes, and I rate it a better realistic woods fragrance. It's less green, like Norne in autumn, but still very outdoors-y.

Even though I'm a big fan of Josh's (9 bottles and 3 smaller bottles of the older juices), I'm more likely to buy the Ere if I want a forest-like smell.
    Ere is excellent, just different. It's more polished, refined, and focuses on the more beautiful aspects of the forest whereas Josh's is more splattery, expressionistic, and includes some of the ugliness of nature for good measure. Personally, I think they're different enough to own both.

Then you have Juniper Ridge that "out-naturals" them both, but good luck with that stuff

Yeah not a huge fan of most of the JR stuff (if I don't like the camphorous aspect of Norne, clearly not many of the JR line are going to be my style), but they are accurate representations of the imagery they're going for.

When they make a cologne for the Cascade Glacier, though, I'll be buying that for sure.

When they make a cologne for the Cascade Glacier, though, I'll be buying that for sure.
    Sounds like Grev to me

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like Grev to me
    Amen.

I didn't get much time with Cascade Glacier, but I liked the smell more than Grev.

I'm disliking Grev less as the time goes on, but the trademark SH balsamic/mineral quality that I like in so many other scents, keeps me from 'getting' it.

I like the stronger clove in it that balances out the greenery, and I get something in there that makes it smell like a SH citrus fragrance.
    I've not seen any citrus notes listed in any pyramids, so it could be a combination of notes creating that feel.

Still not FB worthy when there are things like Vikt and Baque out there.
    Last edited by timdoeswell; 29th November 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Still not FB worthy when there are things like Vikt and Baque out there.
    For me, it's one of the best -- but it's one that took some getting my head around. What's so impressive about it to me is that not only does it evoke an icy mountain stream for me, but I've had other people mention the same thing when I've worn it. I think that's a very difficult headspace to pull off through scent, but somehow it works. The somewhat difficult and chilling effect that it opens with is a combination of clove, orris, and apple. The only citrus he really uses is clementine, and that was in Kote and there was some in Rume, too.

I was late to party as I just got back home and Norne is sold out. Oh well it sounds many here hit pay dirt. Congrats.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I was late to party as I just got back home and Norne is sold out. Oh well it sounds many here hit pay dirt. Congrats.
    Yeah, unfortunately you have to jump on these sales -- no waiting around. A bunch of orders went through right at midnight.
    Norne's not going anywhere, but that was the last chance (for now) to get it at that price.

Norne's not going anywhere...
    I was wondering about that Deadidol. Ore had to be reformulated due to costs (and it still works), Zahd and Vikt are limited due to the costs associated, Sova was discontinued due to difficulties in finding ingredients, are you aware of this potential with any of his other current creations? I would hate to see the current primary 4 get discontinued unexpectedly this upcoming year for these reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I was wondering about that Deadidol. Ore had to be reformulated due to costs (and it still works), Zahd and Vikt are limited due to the costs associated, Sova was discontinued due to difficulties in finding ingredients, are you aware of this potential with any of his other current creations? I would hate to see the current primary 4 get discontinued unexpectedly this upcoming year for these reasons.
    It'll always be a bit of a crapshoot because he uses such rare and obscure materials, so there's no guarantees. But for the most part, the components that are in Norne are sustainable, so there should be no major problems. It's when he makes something out of Ear of Unicorn, Dodo Musk, or something that's just mind-blowingly expensive to source, that he runs into problems. That's all part of the brand though, so inconsistency is a bit of a given.

Yeah, unfortunately you have to jump on these sales -- no waiting around. A bunch of orders went through right at midnight.
    Norne's not going anywhere, but that was the last chance (for now) to get it at that price.
    Early bird catches the worm I won't make that mistake next year.

Blog Entries

I purchased Jeke with Slumberhouse's Black Friday sale, and also missed out on Norne. I didn't really have a need for Norne right away (as it's not my favourite) but hearing about the bottle change made me panic so I bought Norne on another site. I like having all of my bottles match.

Norne can be found with a 25% Black Friday discount on http://www.indiescents.com (25% off all fragrances with the promo code: cedar)

You're welcome!
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Thank you. I'll definitely check this out. They have Sonoma Scent Studio also when does this sale end?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Thank you. I'll definitely check this out. They have Sonoma Scent Studio also when does this sale end?
    These deals will apply through Monday, December 2. A lot of great deals to be had as a lot of niche fragrances never go on sale.

EDIT: And only 2 bottles of SOVA left.
    Last edited by VintagePoison; 30th November 2013 at 01:28 AM.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    These deals will apply through Monday, December 2. A lot of great deals to be had as a lot of niche fragrances never go on sale.

EDIT: And only 2 bottles of SOVA left.
    Good to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    Norne can be found with a 25% Black Friday discount on http://www.indiescents.com (25% off all fragrances with the promo code: cedar)
    I think it's 20% and doesn't include Sonoma Scent Studios. I know because I was over there right now trying to buy a bottle of Full Incense!

Still, they've got some other great stuff -- Lisa Kirk's Revolution anyone?

Blog Entries

I think it's 20% and doesn't include Sonoma Scent Studios. I know because I was over there right now trying to buy a bottle of Full Incense!

Still, they've got some other great stuff -- Lisa Kirk's Revolution anyone?
    Ah, I missed the fine print on their FB page.

"TODAY is BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Fragrances are 20% off site wide. (A couple of exceptions apply.)
    Use coupon code "cedar" at checkout.

Our new jewelry is 15% off.
    Use coupon code "ruby" at checkout.

These deals will apply through Monday, December 2.

Now is a great time to stock up for yourself or for those on your gift list!!!"

Booo, sorry!