Code of Conduct
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2036
    If not now, when?

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

"New trap list on Spotify" ha!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

"New pumpkin vetiver fragrance with brown sugar is going to be added to the permanent Slumberhouse line possibly in December."

This brought a huge smile to the jack-o-lantern on my front porch. AND to me as well! Super excited by the sound of the new addition to the Slumberhouse line! Also super excited to hear that Norne is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! My multiple bottles of Norne need a couple more twins in the mix! Slumberhouse and Josh Lobb are definite long term relationships in my life...thanks for the update Josh! And, thanks to quari2k10 for posting this exciting information!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    "New pumpkin vetiver fragrance with brown sugar is going to be added to the permanent Slumberhouse line possibly in December."

This brought a huge smile to the jack-o-lantern on my front porch. AND to me as well! Super excited by the sound of the new addition to the Slumberhouse line! Also super excited to hear that Norne is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! My multiple bottles of Norne need a couple more twins in the mix! Slumberhouse and Josh Lobb are definite long term relationships in my life...thanks for the update Josh! And, thanks to quari2k10 for posting this exciting information!
    What excites me the most about this announcement is that Josh is one of the only perfumers I have faith in that can deliver a fragrance with those notes and have it not be an overly sweet/gourmand/Yankee Candle kinda thing. Brown sugar and pumpkin sounds so fun but in the hands of most it would signal disaster- with Josh I know it'll most likely be sublime. Stoked!
    Currently wearing: Opus VI by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    How are you coming up with a $25 markup? The ebay listing is priced at $240, versus the retail price of $160.
    Hah, it WAS $185. Looks like it's a bit more now !

So excited for all these new smells, though. Can't wait!
    Currently wearing: Mown by Hendley Perfumes

Would anyone in US be able to send me some samples of grev or pear and olive? I can pay

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    What excites me the most about this announcement is that Josh is one of the only perfumers I have faith in that can deliver a fragrance with those notes and have it not be an overly sweet/gourmand/Yankee Candle kinda thing. Brown sugar and pumpkin sounds so fun but in the hands of most it would signal disaster- with Josh I know it'll most likely be sublime. Stoked!
    So true! It got me thinking that this new Josh Lobb creation with it's pumpkin/vetiver/brown sugar notes we may need to create a new fragrance category.

With the pumpkin note, instead of it being a "gourmand" fragrance we just move the "d" and wallah! We have a "gourd"man fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    So true, that makes me think.. it would be cool if Josh made his own candles of his scents. A ore or norne candle would be dope

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Sixes & Sevens is on the scene. Only been wearing it for 15 minutes or so, but first impressions - a damn fine woods scent.

Between this and Lanz vs. the majority of the rest of the line, I sense a new level of polish and refinement. Not that any of the past resinous 'wall-o-scent' numbers weren't purposeful or balanced (Jeke and Sova seemed, to me, especially so) but there is an extra something going on in this and Lanz. Thanks, Josh!

perfumeandlsd.jpg
    Currently wearing: Nemo by Cacharel

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Sixes & Sevens is on the scene. Only been wearing it for 15 minutes or so, but first impressions - a damn fine woods scent.

Between this and Lanz vs. the majority of the rest of the line, I sense a new level of polish and refinement. Not that any of the past resinous 'wall-o-scent' numbers weren't purposeful or balanced (Jeke and Sova seemed, to me, especially so) but there is an extra something going on in this and Lanz. Thanks, Josh!

perfumeandlsd.jpg
    Wearing Lanz in anticipation.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Hoping mine arrives soon. I'm international but shipping was $60 so I'm hoping for a somewhat fast delivery.

OMG I’m dying over here,...I hope mine is home when I get there. Thanks for sharing your first impressions! Best, to All-

Exciting, did it come with any samples in the box?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Hoping mine arrives soon. I'm international but shipping was $60 so I'm hoping for a somewhat fast delivery.
    The Slumberhouse website ships internationally?

Quote Originally Posted by qari2k10 View Post
    The Slumberhouse website ships internationally?
    Yeah sure! I've never had any issues getting stuff shipped to me from Slumberhouse. Shipping is usually quick too, though I do think I'll have to wait until next week sometime for my bottle of Sixes & Sevens.
    Slumberhouse addict!
    Currently wearing: Slowdive by Hiram Green

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Exciting, did it come with any samples in the box?
    No samples in my box
    But on the plus side, it's here!
    The first ten minutes of one spray on the back of my hand are very promising. Airy resins, hint of cumin in the back, but something a little herbal. There's a LOT of depth here. Can't wait to give this one some wearing time and think it through (It's a little too muggy in New York for it today...)
    Currently wearing: Mown by Hendley Perfumes

I've worn Sixes and Sevens a few times and my impressions are of a heavy incense and sandalwood prominent fragrance, with a lot of depth. Very polished as well. This, like Ore, is an intimate fragrance without an excessive silage, but has excellent longevity...
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Yup, just got mine, too. Very medicinal and hyper-woody and musky with hints of cumin.

Reminds me of New Sibet with an infusion of cumin-y musk. Interesting, but might be a bit too body odor-ish and "masculine" for me.

I think I'll be selling my bottle.
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Always be smelling

Obligatory pic. NY is rainy and grey

Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Yup, just got mine, too. Very medicinal and hyper-woody and musky with hints of cumin.

Reminds me of New Sibet with an infusion of cumin-y musk. Interesting, but might be a bit too body odor-ish and "masculine" for me.

Musk was pretty muted for me, but I wore it on days with temp's under 12 deg C...
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Just got mine as well. It's a very beautifully executed fragrance. Cumin comes on a bit strong at first, but starts to mellow out. I do find it "wafts" in and out. I'm not sure that this will be a "must have" for me, so must give it due time.

By the way...
    The fragrance inside a svelte velvet sack was all that was in the box (aside from packing peanuts). No receipt. No note. I'd left a message to Josh that this was my first purchase directly from Slumberhouse and wasn't expecting a personal reply, but even a business card would've been nice.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post

Give it some time. I've found that first impression can often change... and you might find yourself warming up to this.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Give it some time. I've found that first impression can often change... and you might find yourself warming up to this.
    I don't think so. It's basically a cumin-laced woody and those are not and have never been my thing. (Nothing against the fragrance; in fact, I think many will love it, but it's just not my type of scent.)
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Mine arrived today as well- wearing it now. I'm getting lots of leather and castoreum (which I love). Definitely cumin, some minor oud... not detecting the incense yet. A little hint of that Coca Cola thing in Roja Creation E.... It's not lighting up on my skin yet but that's par for the course with Slumberhouse and I. Normally the second wearing is where it all takes off for me. So far, so great!
    Currently wearing: Opus VI by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    It's a very beautifully executed fragrance. Cumin comes on a bit strong at first, but starts to mellow out. I do find it "wafts" in and out. I'm not sure that this will be a "must have" for me, so must give it due time.
    Cumin, yessss.

So excited for my split.

Interesting that the initial reaction has been so wood-centric, with the animalics/castoreum apparently playing second fiddle. The gist of the pre-release info and limited early reviews made it sound like a total musk bomb.
    Off-Basenotes Decant Sales!

"It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Cumin, yessss.

So excited for my split.

Interesting that the initial reaction has been so wood-centric, with the animalics/castoreum apparently playing second fiddle. The gist of the pre-release info and limited early reviews made it sound like a total musk bomb.
    The cumin definitely recedes in time. More of a woody accord comes forward, appearing as cedar and sandalwood to my nose. Very musky at the start, but that tapers off in fairly fast order. Dry down is not the musky bomb I was thinking it might be. Which is a good thing, as that would probably overshadow the other facets of this fragrance.

I started with just 1 short spray and let it dry down. I've now sprayed a second time. The cumin doesn't seem as intense, and that's probably due to becoming a little anosmic to the note. I'm enjoying this. No regrets.

Btw, the cap on my bottle fits VERY tightly. At first I thought it was a screw top! You really have to push firmly to get the cap back on and it makes a very noticeable "snap."

I sprung for the 100 ml bottle.
    I don't buy much perfume anymore. I mostly stick to pure oud oils and attars. Slumberhouse is one of the few perfume houses I still purchase.
    This stuff is freakin awesome.
    I love oud, musk and leather. The cumin note stands out at the start. I am curious if Josh used pure oud oil in this. My guess is a small amount of Indian oud.
    Very happy with this purchase and cool to think I have one of only 16 of the 100 ml bottles made.

Basenotes Plus

I wore mine last night, and am having husband wear it today...just fantastic!

Mine came in today!

I just sprayed it on a few minutes ago, so forgive my "super early impressions" feel to this post, but:

* I get a lot of an almost tobacco-y opening, which I'm going to guess is a combination of cumin+leather (which tends to smell almost like a sharp tobacco on my skin). Very nice!

* I don't get a lot of musk yet, but I can tell it will be more obvious as this dries down. It's pushed a little further back in the composition than I was initially expecting.

* I also get quite a bit of super good quality oud in there, also more towards the back of the fragrance.

Some info in case anyone was curious about the 100ml:

- Same style cylindrical bottle as the old (mid?) releases, but taller. I've seen a p&o 100ml once before and looks the same.

- Gold colored sprayer, a little shorter and fatter than older bottles, but same silver cap.

- Brown velvet pouch and no glass marbles.

- Just the perfume in the box, no extras.

Wearing it for the first time today and for me it wasn't totally love at first sniff like some other bottles. Obviously the quality is there as others have said but it opens and stays more spicy on me than I was expecting for the first few hours, agree sort of on the tobacco which personally isn't my favorite. I almost get a old Roja Nüwa opening if anyone's tried that.

Picture:

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Some info in case anyone was curious about the 100ml:

- Same style cylindrical bottle as the old (mid?) releases, but taller. I've seen a p&o 100ml once before and looks the same.

- Gold colored sprayer, a little shorter and fatter than older bottles, but same silver cap.

- Brown velvet pouch and no glass marbles.

- Just the perfume in the box, no extras.

Wearing it for the first time today and for me it wasn't totally love at first sniff like some other bottles. Obviously the quality is there as others have said but it opens and stays more spicy on me than I was expecting for the first few hours, agree sort of on the tobacco which personally isn't my favorite. I almost get a old Roja Nüwa opening if anyone's tried that.

Original Nuwa went through my mind when I first glanced at the notes for Sixes & Sevens. Hmm, I may have to get a decant..

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast