Code of Conduct
Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 4317
o

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

I'm having some serious evaporation issues with my bottle of New Sibet. I bought it from Twisted Lily over the summer, and even the new bottle was down a little bit. I taped around the spot where the metal meets the glass, but I can see a stain on the tape where the perfume is getting away.

Any tips? I don't wear it all that frequently so don't want it to disappear before I have a chance to use it....

They were all "Esprit de Parfum" back in 2012 I believe. That's when I bought my first bottle of Rume, one I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    So it seems some time ago, Josh did release fragrances in "esprit de parfum" strength. This must be from the first release of Pear & Olive back in 2012.
    MadHat Scents

Oud Gulab - Ruh Gulab, Taif Rose, Ambergris, Tobacco and Thai Oud

Are SOVA and KISTE still available?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sova hasn't been available for a long time. Kiste is available, I believe, but Josh is taking a break from sales at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by McMartin View Post
    Are SOVA and KISTE still available?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    MadHat Scents

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorel View Post
    I'm having some serious evaporation issues with my bottle of New Sibet. I bought it from Twisted Lily over the summer, and even the new bottle was down a little bit. I taped around the spot where the metal meets the glass, but I can see a stain on the tape where the perfume is getting away.

Any tips? I don't wear it all that frequently so don't want it to disappear before I have a chance to use it....
    Tape up the neck of the bottle?
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Can the tops be removed? I have a bunch of Slumberhouse splits but no bottles. If you can remove the top and screw it back on, you could try sealing the threads with teflon tape.

Teflon/plumbers tape might also work better for taping the seam even if the top can't safely be removed, as it can really get into and seal off tight places. Probably won't be pretty though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Can the tops be removed? I have a bunch of Slumberhouse splits but no bottles. If you can remove the top and screw it back on, you could try sealing the threads with teflon tape.

Teflon/plumbers tape might also work better for taping the seam even if the top can't safely be removed, as it can really get into and seal off tight places. Probably won't be pretty though.
    Yeah as far as I could tell the tops don't come off too easily, but didn't know if anyone else had luck. Seems like I'll be teflon taping around the bottle.... First time it's happened to me.

I would contact Josh and let him know of your issue. Maybe there's a trick to snapping something into place more securely?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorel View Post

MadHat Scents

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Interesting... "Esprit de Parfum from Slumberhouse". Extrait and Eau de Parfum mixed? Found some old posts about "esprit de parfum" on Basenotes:

1. Sova. 2013.
    Someone named Rowan- posted 'If I'm not mistaken, Sova did use to be an esprit de parfum (even after it stopped being Tunis Mills) - at least, that was the impression I got in a long-ago email conversation with Josh."

2. Jeke. 2013.
    Again, Rowan- posted " suppose more folks would have had time to try the new extrait-strength Slumberhouses by now. Does anyone have more thoughts on how they measure up against the old esprit de parfum versions? Sova and Norne as well."

So it seems some time ago, Josh did release fragrances in "esprit de parfum" strength. This must be from the first release of Pear & Olive back in 2012.
    Ha! Feels a bit strange to see myself quoted from 5 years ago but yes, Slumberhouse fragrances used to be esprit de parfum strength - and total projection monsters at that, I might add.

And yes, if the label on the decant is accurate, it would have to be from the original release of P&O in 2012.
    Currently wearing: Ohood Attar by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm late to the party, so to speak, in discussing this house. Cello, has gifted me with a few samples. I tried Kiste today. I have a few choice curse words that I expressed out loud, while trying this. This, is a good thing. I fell in love with it. Will I ever pursue a full bottle? I doubt it. I am happy I at least got to try it.
    Currently wearing: Ôud Bouquet by Lancôme

Ness
    Currently wearing: Feuilles Vertes by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by rowan- View Post
    Ha! Feels a bit strange to see myself quoted from 5 years ago but yes, Slumberhouse fragrances used to be esprit de parfum strength - and total projection monsters at that, I might add.

And yes, if the label on the decant is accurate, it would have to be from the original release of P&O in 2012.
    Wow, you've been quite the lurker -- a number of posts in 2015, only one in 2016, and then... tada!
    Thanks for chiming in. Another interesting thing to learn about Slumberhouse.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

I feel awful.

My package of sixes and sevens never arrived.

Josh was graceful and apologetic; quick refund. He even said should they show up keep them as a gift from the house. Everyday I go to the mailbox, close my eyes and open it, and hope to see some disfigured box of my precious Slumberhouse fragrances awaiting my unworthy person.

I told him I would immediately get in touch should my sixes and sevens ever arrive, and pay him back in full. I don't want anything for free.

Now I see a few on eBay for greatly increased prices due to the rarity. I think about buying them at this premium price due to supply and demand, but I feel an obligation to this community to not indulge in this way as it demeans myself and the market and the house,...or something.

I'm wondering how those who used scorched-earth-policy on me previously feel about the resultant withdrawal of my purchase by Slumberhouse, particularly those bottles currently up for grabs on the bay. Guess timing is everything.

I do wonder sometimes,...as I imagine what sixes and sevens must smell like,...if any of those for sale now at the marked up prices are from my litigants.

If I didn't practice,...practice!,...Buddhism,..I ,...since there's no true "I" in reality,....would be playing the violin,...so no need of anyone else to do so.

I would have just been interested to read more outrage and honesty. But context, timing, and quote "foreigners " have much to do with when one feels a certain way.

I'm making new t-shirts: Hypocrisy-It's not just for internet forums anymore.

PlayDough just take his playdough and go home( sad face
    Currently wearing: Fume by Hendley Perfumes

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I've done as much research as possible for me on this company. It sounds like I'd really want to try Norne (potentially safe blind buy for me, and I think I'd prefer that route).

However, it seems this is sold out everywhere and gone for good - can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I've done as much research as possible for me on this company. It sounds like I'd really want to try Norne (potentially safe blind buy for me, and I think I'd prefer that route).

However, it seems this is sold out everywhere and gone for good - can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks!
    From what many have said, I don’t think Norne will be gone for good, but I do think it IS that good! A blind buy is a pretty safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDough View Post
    I feel awful.

Josh was graceful and apologetic; quick refund. He even said should they show up keep them as a gift from the house. Everyday I go to the mailbox, close my eyes and open it, and hope to see some disfigured box of my precious Slumberhouse fragrances awaiting my unworthy person.

I told him I would immediately get in touch should my sixes and sevens ever arrive, and pay him back in full. I don't want anything for free.

Now I see a few on eBay for greatly increased prices due to the rarity. I think about buying them at this premium price due to supply and demand, but I feel an obligation to this community to not indulge in this way as it demeans myself and the market and the house,...or something.

I'm wondering how those who used scorched-earth-policy on me previously feel about the resultant withdrawal of my purchase by Slumberhouse, particularly those bottles currently up for grabs on the bay. Guess timing is everything.

I do wonder sometimes,...as I imagine what sixes and sevens must smell like,...if any of those for sale now at the marked up prices are from my litigants.

If I didn't practice,...practice!,...Buddhism,..I ,...since there's no true "I" in reality,....would be playing the violin,...so no need of anyone else to do so.

I would have just been interested to read more outrage and honesty. But context, timing, and quote "foreigners " have much to do with when one feels a certain way.

When I read your post I was feeling in a generous mood.
    I'm going to turn your luck around. I have a 10ml decant that's yours for the asking.
    I want it to go to a good home, and I feel you would appreciate it.
    PM me, and I'll ship to you.

"Can't you leave well-enough alone?!" said the mirror

"Can't you leave well-enough alone?!" said the mirror
    I guess your not interested in my generous mood. No problem, I'll keep looking for a good home.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I guess your not interested in my generous mood. No problem, I'll keep looking for a good home.
    As someone who has benefited from your generosity in the past, I just want to say that you rock!! This is what BN is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    When I read your post I was feeling in a generous mood.
    I'm going to turn your luck around. I have a 10ml decant that's yours for the asking.
    I want it to go to a good home, and I feel you would appreciate it.
    PM me, and I'll ship to you.
    No, no no. I did not mean that for you, Dear thebeck! It was for the previous post-er, iverthps. I missed my chance then, but please see your pm's.

No, no no. I did not mean that for you, Dear thebeck! It was for the previous post-er, iverthps. I missed my chance then, but please see your pm's.
    That's good. I was feeling butt hurt for a minute. We'll work it out.

I feel awful.

I thought you ordered 2 bottles. What happened with that?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    From what many have said, I don’t think Norne will be gone for good, but I do think it IS that good! A blind buy is a pretty safe bet.
    Thanks for the reply!

I feel awful.

How about feeling awful for those who never had a chance to purchase any of these ridiculously time limited editions?
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    How about feeling awful for those who never had a chance to purchase any of these ridiculously time limited editions?
    My inner work informs, enhances, my outerwork. I urge you not to make assumptions. We are all on an equal playing field in our humanity, starting with looking, not avoiding, my own. #vibrationsrising

Quote Originally Posted by pauliecas View Post
    I thought you ordered 2 bottles. What happened with that?
    My unintended consequence was that I received none. Everything happens for a reason.
    I will get a chance to explore this new third-density alchemy due to the kindness and generosity of another contributor. I'm indebted as such.

I'm not feeling as inspired by Sixes & Sevens as some of you are so I'm setting it down to revisit in a few. Instead I'm wearing one that I never really liked when it was initially released. I kicked myself for passing on Zahd after the fact because sometimes you will come back as your tastes change and find out you really enjoy a fragrance you've always disliked. This was the case when I smelled the small amount of Zahd I had left in a sample, well after it had sold out. Well, the nearly impossible to track down decant of this fragrance showed up at my doorstep a few weeks ago - thanks to a generous basenoter. I figured I'd share my impressions.

Off the top, mulled wine with dark crushed cranberries dusted in dark chocolate. Champaca incense and melted red candle wax. As with most older Slumberhouse fragrances, Zahd conjures images in the mind of various settings (at least this is my experience.) At first I think of some type of witches lair...maybe I've been watching too much American Horror Story. But, that's what first comes to mind - cold stone walls, candles lit and melting away all around you and a decanter of mulled wine, berries and cocoa on an gold platter.

Other times I think of a place more "bright" and I'm taken to a hippy drove high up in a mountainous Indian village. Sandalwood and champaca slowly burning and wafting through the thin, sun-soaked, cool mountain air...hippies sharing a smoke, softly tapping on drums and humming to rhythmic tunes.

Genuinely thankful for my decant, I don't want to name who generously gifted me with it...but thank you! There's plenty for me to last a lifetime as Zahd is quite strong. Definitely one to reach for this particular time of year.
    MadHat Scents

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'm not feeling as inspired by Sixes & Sevens as some of you are so I'm setting it down to revisit in a few. Instead I'm wearing one that I never really liked when it was initially released. I kicked myself for passing on Zahd after the fact because sometimes you will come back as your tastes change and find out you really enjoy a fragrance you've always disliked. This was the case when I smelled the small amount of Zahd I had left in a sample, well after it had sold out. Well, the nearly impossible to track down decant of this fragrance showed up at my doorstep a few weeks ago - thanks to a generous basenoter. I figured I'd share my impressions.

Off the top, mulled wine with dark crushed cranberries dusted in dark chocolate. Champaca incense and melted red candle wax. As with most older Slumberhouse fragrances, Zahd conjures images in the mind of various settings (at least this is my experience.) At first I think of some type of witches lair...maybe I've been watching too much American Horror Story. But, that's what first comes to mind - cold stone walls, candles lit and melting away all around you and a decanter of mulled wine, berries and cocoa on an gold platter.

Other times I think of a place more "bright" and I'm taken to a hippy drove high up in a mountainous Indian village. Sandalwood and champaca slowly burning and wafting through the thin, sun-soaked, cool mountain air...hippies sharing a smoke, softly tapping on drums and humming to rhythmic tunes.

Genuinely thankful for my decant, I don't want to name who generously gifted me with it...but thank you! There's plenty for me to last a lifetime as Zahd is quite strong. Definitely one to reach for this particular time of year.
    Thanks for sharing your impression of Zahd! I do wonder if the essential oils that Josh procured were a limited resource that he can't replicate again. From all I've read, it sounds like people would definitely appreciate a Zahd II.

I'm finding that over time, Sixes & Sevens is growing on me. I was taken with it at first spray, but then found myself a little too preoccupied with the cumin note. I thought perhaps I'd not keep it. But now, after a couple of weeks, I'm warming up to it. The cumin isn't as prominent as when I first wore it.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Basenotes Plus

rynegne thanks for the reminder of how glorious Zahd was. Is that the one with the strawberry note?
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

I believe that was Sadanne, with the strawberry/Riesling vibe. Zahd is more cranberry/cherry almost cocktail meets dark red mulled wine type aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rynegne thanks for the reminder of how glorious Zahd was. Is that the one with the strawberry note?
    MadHat Scents

Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast