Code of Conduct
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2272
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I asked to be invoiced for one of each bottle, and was informed that everything sold out sooner than expected.
    Indeed, it's all gone. there are a couple of orders pending payment, but these went fast. Sadanne invoices should still be heading out this weekend, though.
    Currently wearing: Brosse by Slumberhouse

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten an invoice for the Sadanne release yet? I heard this weekend, but not sure on actual time frame.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Plus

I have not. I emailed him as soon as he suggested we do-so, and never heard anything back. I hope he has me on a list somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    I have not. I emailed him as soon as he suggested we do-so, and never heard anything back. I hope he has me on a list somewhere
    I believe that we’re all in the same boat. I’m guessing that a “small” cask will satisfy a solid number of 30 mL bottles, so I wouldn’t be too worried about your odds of obtaining one (after all, he mentioned the offer again more than two months later), but we’ll all find out soon enough!

I got on the list to be emailed an invoice for Sådanne a couple months back, but then I snagged a 100ml of Brosse with the last sale. Now I don't really have it in the fragrance budget to get Sådanne as well. Does anyone want me to forward my invoice to them? I assume you can use your own PayPal info and address.

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I snagged a 100ml of Brosse with the last sale

I got on the list to be emailed an invoice for Sådanne a couple months back, but then I snagged a 100ml of Brosse with the last sale. Now I don't really have it in the fragrance budget to get Sådanne as well. Does anyone want me to forward my invoice to them? I assume you can use your own PayPal info and address.
    Is that Brosse from the same batch he was sending 15ml's out to people who bought the recent re-release of Pear + Olive?
    Currently wearing: Pure XS by Paco Rabanne

Basenotes Plus

Congrats on the Brosse! It was all gone by the time I found out. I did manage to pick up a 100ml Ore though. I should be on the list for Sådanne as well but if I somehow slipped through the cracks I’ll contact you about yours.
    Currently wearing: Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Is that Brosse from the same batch he was sending 15ml's out to people who bought the recent re-release of Pear + Olive?
    I snagged one of the 100ml bottles of Brosse, too—the only reference I have was a sample I got from Slumberhouse early in the summer from a purchase. I assumed this was an older Brosse batch since it was an inventory clearance, but I suppose it could just be bottled from that last batch. I'm sure I'll be happy in any case. I also asked that Josh just invoice me for the Sådanne at the same time—it sounds like there's enough to go around this time, so I'm sure invoices for just that are coming.

By the way—I, too, am now stretched on my fragrance budget. (Or really, like all budgets?) If anyone wants to share part of this bottle of Brosse with me, send me a message. 100ml would probably last me a lifetime anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I'm not sure about that, curious to see what formula he ended up with on these. My guess is that these 100ml bottles are the last of the batch that he's been bottling the 15ml's out of. I haven't tried it in any form, but I'm hoping to compare with a ml from a friend who has a mini.

Also, did anyone get Sådanne invoices today?

User of Toilet Water

I thought the free 15ml bottles off Brosse were from what he considered a botched batch. I doubt he would sell from that batch. Having said that, I love the botched batch and wouldn't mind buying a bottle of it.

Basenotes Member

Let me know if someone as too much ml with is recent 100ml catch

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I thought the free 15ml bottles off Brosse were from what he considered a botched batch. I doubt he would sell from that batch. Having said that, I love the botched batch and wouldn't mind buying a bottle of it.
    Me too. I’m fortunate to have one of the 15ml bottles and I find it perfect. Fwiw, I haven’t received my Sadanne invoice yet either.

Working hard not to be too excitable. I've tried to keep up with IG, but has anyone heard any news through other channels?

Edit: Don't know if this post had anything to do with it, but I did get a response this evening from Josh regarding an email I had sent in.. Basically he said "soon".
    Last edited by jholder; 8th January 2019 at 05:40 AM.

Just got a shipping notice for my purchase from the last sale. Anyone get a Sadanne invoice yet?

Basenotes Plus

Just got a shipping notice for my purchase from the last sale. Anyone get a Sadanne invoice yet?
    Same boat as you- shipping notice for that last sale but no word on Sådanne yet.

Okay. I own many bottles of Josh's fragrances, and I bought Zahd in advance of its creation. (I even bought Sana.) I also physically tracked down and bought bought Mare in Portland, even though I live in Louisville. (Mare is great, BTW and worth the effort.) I'm also excited about what he might soon be revealing and check his website almost daily, but with all of that excitement and fandom also comes a certain amount of embarrassment. There are so many great indie perfumers in the US and elsewhere now and I can't help but wonder why Josh can't keep his website updated or keep his sellers supplied, and why he sporadically puts out limited bottles that appear randomly and sell out in hours, and why he randomly pontificates in a way that suggests an air of self-importance. I haven't loved anything he's produced in the past few years, so I'm wondering where he's going at this point. I don't want to sound like an asshole, and I genuinely love most of what he's created, but WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Okay. I own many bottles of Josh's fragrances, and I bought Zahd in advance of its creation. (I even bought Sana.) I also physically tracked down and bought bought Mare in Portland, even though I live in Louisville. (Mare is great, BTW and worth the effort.) I'm also excited about what he might soon be revealing and check his website almost daily, but with all of that excitement and fandom also comes a certain amount of embarrassment. There are so many great indie perfumers in the US and elsewhere now and I can't help but wonder why Josh can't keep his website updated or keep his sellers supplied, and why he sporadically puts out limited bottles that appear randomly and sell out in hours, and why he randomly pontificates in a way that suggests an air of self-importance. I haven't loved anything he's produced in the past few years, so I'm wondering where he's going at this point. I don't want to sound like an asshole, and I genuinely love most of what he's created, but WTF?
    I guess he's one of those guys who just marches to the beat of his own drum.
    Currently wearing: Gentlemen Only by Givenchy

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I guess he's one of those guys who just marches to the beat of his own drum.
    Yeah, and that's where most great art comes from! Hopefully, we'll be getting more great things from him! I'll be following closely and in great hopes. Lately though ... not so much.

Brosse.jpg

My order showed up to today, absolutely loving Brosse so far. Lots of samples as well: Ore, Baque, Kiste, Pear & Olive, Jeke, Sadanne, Zahd, Sova, and the unlabeled one is Sixes & Sevens.

EDIT:

I also talked to Josh and he confirmed that this Brosse is from the most recent batch. He also mentioned that Sova is in in the works, but he's waiting on some ingredients and it will likely be later 2019 or 2020. And Zahd will not be returning.
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 11th January 2019 at 12:56 AM.

Brosse.jpg

My order showed up to today, absolutely loving Brosse so far. Lots of samples as well: Ore, Baque, Kiste, Pear & Olive, Jeke, Sadanne, Zahd, Sova, and the unlabeled one is Sixes & Sevens.
    Holy crap that is a monster bottle! Let us know how that Jeke is! And if you can compare it to the last release of the extrait that would be even better! (Assuming that sample is of the next Jeke release, but may be too early for that?)

Very cool! I’m excited that there’s Jeke and Sova and Zahd! Wasn’t Zahd a one-time, pre-order only thing? Could be coming back maybe... unless these are just fun samples from Josh’s older stock.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Very cool! I’m excited that there’s Jeke and Sova and Zahd! Wasn’t Zahd a one-time, pre-order only thing? Could be coming back maybe... unless these are just fun samples from Josh’s older stock.
    If I recall correctly, on like page 653 of this thread, one of the zahd ingredients (think it was a specific indian attar), was used up and there was no more to be had. That is why the run was so limited and won't be coming back. Someone else chime in if I got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    There are so many great indie perfumers in the US and elsewhere
    Can you name some that I should look into, based on my like of the SH style? Even for the niche market, my tastes always seem to be a bit off from the norm, so I end up going through a house and discounting a lot of their popular releases, only to focus in on their more avant garde releases.

Basenotes Plus

what's the most resiny and heavy Slumberhouse fragrance?

The Jeke sample..it's coming! How is it??

Resubscribing to this thread, just to keep an eye out for Jeke news.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    what's the most resiny and heavy Slumberhouse fragrance?
    I believe that distinction belongs to Norne.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Holy crap that is a monster bottle! Let us know how that Jeke is! And if you can compare it to the last release of the extrait that would be even better! (Assuming that sample is of the next Jeke release, but may be too early for that?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hothamwater View Post
    The Jeke sample..it's coming! How is it??

Resubscribing to this thread, just to keep an eye out for Jeke news.
    jeke.jpg

This is how the color compares to my older sample, though I don't know which batch the older sample is from, aside being from one of the round bottles. I'm wearing too much else to compare the two on skin right now, but sniffing the vials the new sample seems to be slightly less spicy. Still extremely similar. I'll try to wear both sometime in the next few days.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    I agree with that. Norne is very dense. I loved it, but my wife hated it. I picked up Brosse recently but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 LastLast