Code of Conduct
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76
Results 2,251 to 2,272 of 2272
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Norne is the most resinous to me also, in fact this one is sticky after you put it on your skin, the sprayer also became sticky.
    This is the perfume that I found to be the closest to an oil

Norne is most resinous that I’ve tried from Slumberhouse. But I recently acquired a 30ml Jeke Extrait and it is very dense and thick. Sticky on the skin just like Norne and will stain clothes. I love it for this time of year. Probably more than Norne.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Norne is most resinous that I’ve tried from Slumberhouse. But I recently acquired a 30ml Jeke Extrait and it is very dense and thick. Sticky on the skin just like Norne and will stain clothes. I love it for this time of year. Probably more than Norne.
    When you say extrait, that mean the marble bottle edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    When you say extrait, that mean the marble bottle edition?
    My Extrait is in a bottle that looks just like the current releases.

Blog Entries

Most resinous and heavy is Jeke extrait and Norne extrait.
    Looking for:
    Hermessence Cuir D'Ange
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile

SELLING:
    Iris Silver Mist bell jar (99.9% full)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    I agree with that. Norne is very dense. I loved it, but my wife hated it. I picked up Brosse recently but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    You're in for a treat! Did you get the 100ml?
    Currently wearing: Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    You're in for a treat! Did you get the 100ml?
    Nope, itís just a 15ML, but itís an official one not a decant. Iíve been going through a slew of samples that I have, so havenít gotten to it yet but really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Basenotes Plus

Nope, it’s just a 15ML, but it’s an official one not a decant. I’ve been going through a slew of samples that I have, so haven’t gotten to it yet but really looking forward to it.
    I know exactly which one you're talking about. That's the same batch and bottle that I have. Really hope you enjoy it.
    Currently wearing: Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post

My order showed up to today, absolutely loving Brosse so far. Lots of samples as well: Ore, Baque, Kiste, Pear & Olive, Jeke, Sadanne, Zahd, Sova, and the unlabeled one is Sixes & Sevens.

EDIT:

I also talked to Josh and he confirmed that this Brosse is from the most recent batch. He also mentioned that Sova is in in the works, but he's waiting on some ingredients and it will likely be later 2019 or 2020. And Zahd will not be returning.
    Congrats. Awesome buy. Nice amount of samples, too. I was disappointed my bottle of Sixes & Sevens didn't come with any samples.

Too bad Zahd isn't coming back. I've always wanted to try it.
    Currently wearing: Pure XS by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Can you name some that I should look into, based on my like of the SH style? Even for the niche market, my tastes always seem to be a bit off from the norm, so I end up going through a house and discounting a lot of their popular releases, only to focus in on their more avant garde releases.
    Yes, I can! MadHat is the first one I would suggest. Also, Rogue Perfumery is a must sample as is La Curie. Euphorium Brooklyn has some nice fragrances as do Soivohle and Imaginary Authors.
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 15th January 2019 at 09:08 PM.

I tried my Sova sample for the first time today and loved it, might be my personal favorite and definitely top 3 from the whole line.

To me it opened with a fleeting but noticeably sour grass/honey (not sour as in bad, but the kind that makes your mouth water). Maybe the poplar buds? Then it evolved into an amazing "burned honey" type of sweet smokey incense and fresh hay. Lots of layers but never sickly sweet on me, and no spice or tobacco like some other scents; I would say it's a sweet grass/honey/herbal style throughout.

If anyone has ever processed real honey from a beehive, there's a step where you remove the beeswax caps from the racks of honey with a hot electric knife. It's a pretty big mess, and the honey and wax sticks to the knife and caramelizes and gets slightly burnt. I was immediately taken back to this moment with Sova. Very excited to hear it will be returning, even if it takes a while!

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I was immediately taken back to this moment with Sova. Very excited to hear it will be returning, even if it takes a while!
    Where did you hear/read this? Just curious as Sova is one I have not had an opportunity to smell, and would like to see it released again. From what I understand some of the ingredients are rare/expensive so the most recent batch was a pretty limited run.

I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued due to unavailability of ingredients (like Jeke was for a while) but I also have not heard anything about it returning. So I'm not trying to contest your claim or anything just curious if you have actually heard anything definite about it returning as I too would like to try it.

EDIT: It occurs to me that you may be inferring it's return since you and/or others recently received a sample.

EDIT 2: Just saw previous post where someone spoke to Josh and confirmed, good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I tried my Sova sample for the first time today and loved it, might be my personal favorite and definitely top 3 from the whole line.

To me it opened with a fleeting but noticeably sour grass/honey (not sour as in bad, but the kind that makes your mouth water). Maybe the poplar buds? Then it evolved into an amazing "burned honey" type of sweet smokey incense and fresh hay. Lots of layers but never sickly sweet on me, and no spice or tobacco like some other scents; I would say it's a sweet grass/honey/herbal style throughout.

If anyone has ever processed real honey from a beehive, there's a step where you remove the beeswax caps from the racks of honey with a hot electric knife. It's a pretty big mess, and the honey and wax sticks to the knife and caramelizes and gets slightly burnt. I was immediately taken back to this moment with Sova. Very excited to hear it will be returning, even if it takes a while!

Thanks for your thoughts, one of my new favorites as well. I do find that it gets sweeter on my skin as it dries down, and the spices fade out; it's a little less linear than most slumberhouse offerings for better or worse.

Has anyone tried Mown by Hendley? If so could it be compared to Sova at all? Or is there potentially something more similar? I really enjoy Fume and Bourbon, this one sounds worth a sample as well.

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    Has anyone tried Mown by Hendley? If so could it be compared to Sova at all? Or is there potentially something more similar? I really enjoy Fume and Bourbon, this one sounds worth a sample as well.
    I actually recently tried Mown by Hendley and it was the first thing that came to mind when testing Sova. To me Mown has a much more prominent sweet dried fruits note compared to the smokey honey mids in Sova, but with a similar drydown and overall hay-like profile. Both are very good, but Sova ultimately wins out due to more depth/complexity and lasting power. A similar comparison would be Fume and Norne. Both great but Norne takes it to the next level and is a true masterpiece.

I still have my spray sample of Mown, will shoot you a PM.

I got to try Brosse for the first time last night but look forward to getting to know it better in the future. I really enjoyed it. My thoughts are as follows:

Smoky. Burnt chocolate in the opening. Herbal notes like cloves and some incense come into the heart. Drydown is musky and resinous without being heavy. A touch of the chocolate remaining. Longevity is off the charts. Could still smell it the next morning, and it even survived through my morning workout without missing a beat. But fortunately silage wasn't excessive!
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

I got to try Brosse for the first time last night but look forward to getting to know it better in the future. I really enjoyed it. My thoughts are as follows:

Smoky. Burnt chocolate in the opening. Herbal notes like cloves and some incense come into the heart. Drydown is musky and resinous without being heavy. A touch of the chocolate remaining. Longevity is off the charts. Could still smell it the next morning, and it even survived through my morning workout without missing a beat. But fortunately silage wasn't excessive!
    I just had a few drops of this years ago. This reminds me of what I was smelling but it sounds like he's refined it quite a bit. I has been a long time ago since I've smelled it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I just had a few drops of this years ago. This reminds me of what I was smelling but it sounds like he's refined it quite a bit. I has been a long time ago since I've smelled it, though.
    It definitely has some layers to it. I think it will reveal more to me in time. Not positive yet, but I think I might like it even more than Ore.

daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Basenotes Plus

I really REALLY wish Josh would sell the 15 ml bottles of all his scents! That would seriously make me waaaaaaaaaaay happy!

Carry on

Basenotes Plus

any way I can snag some Norne? It is odd how hard it is to buy these...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    I really REALLY wish Josh would sell the 15 ml bottles of all his scents! That would seriously make me waaaaaaaaaaay happy!

Carry on
    It's a great size.

daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

I really wish more companies would make 15-30 ml bottles, especially when they are powerhouse scents that only need 1 or two sprays. I dont think I have ever come close to using up 100 ml of a single scent, or even 50 ml even.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    any way I can snag some Norne? It is odd how hard it is to buy these...
    Been patiently waiting for the release of it. But it'll probably get released during the warmer months.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76