Code of Conduct
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2829
  1. #2281
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,295

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    1. Sova

    2. Jeke

    3. Baque

    4. Norne

    5. Vikt

    Those are the only ones I've tried and I like them all, and would buy all if possible. I suspect I'd also like Ore and a few of the other "weird" sweeter ones, as much as I eschew sweet stuff in perfume.
    Most worn:

    Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella


  2. #2282

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    1. Sova

    2. Jeke

    3. Baque

    4. Norne

    5. Vikt

    Those are the only ones I've tried and I like them all, and would buy all if possible. I suspect I'd also like Ore and a few of the other "weird" sweeter ones, as much as I eschew sweet stuff in perfume.

    Excellent list!

    Mine would be as follows:

    1. Norne

    2. Tie: Ore and Kiste

    3. Sova

    4. Vikt

    5. Jeke

    6. Baque

    7. Pear and Olive

    8. Mare

    9. Grev

    10. Rume

    11. Sadanne

    I really want to try Kote and Brosse sometime...
    Currently wearing: Sélection Verte by Creed

  3. #2283
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,594

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I wore Sixes and Sevens today. It's so subtle, I just wish it projected more.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

  4. #2284
    Dependent
    Zephyr1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Oh, I definitely enjoy Sixes and Sevens, but there is nothing like his earlier stuff - I imagine it's hard to try and best yourself when you have created such masterpieces.

  5. #2285
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    649

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Sådanne invoice has arrived!

  6. #2286

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Just got my invoice as well

  7. #2287
    Dependent
    Zephyr1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Just got mine too

  8. #2288

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    Just got mine too
    Me as well...now we'll be snowed in for a few days

  9. #2289

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Sådanne invoice has arrived!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellYouLater View Post
    Just got my invoice as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    Just got mine too
    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Me as well...now we'll be snowed in for a few days
    Wait, did I miss something? How did ya'll order? The purchase platform on the Slumberhouse site is gone entirely as far as I can tell. Was this a direct from Josh via email or Instagram kind of thing?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  10. #2290

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? How did ya'll order? The purchase platform on the Slumberhouse site is gone entirely as far as I can tell. Was this a direct from Josh via email or Instagram kind of thing?
    He posted on Instagram a while ago that if you were interested in a bottle from his last cask of Sadanne you could email him with "Sadanne" in the subject line. It wasn't up on the Slumberhouse website shopping page.

  11. #2291

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SmellYouLater View Post
    He posted on Instagram a while ago that if you were interested in a bottle from his last cask of Sadanne you could email him with "Sadanne" in the subject line. It wasn't up on the Slumberhouse website shopping page.
    Ahhh. All the cool kids are on Instagram, and I'm not a cool kid.

    Back to checking his website like a rube. Or a cool kid in 1998.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  12. #2292

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I really hate the trend of business being conducted via social media. This information should've been provided to customers via email at the very least. I don't do any social media, and don't want to get mired in the cesspool of these platforms out of fear of missing a release.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

  13. #2293
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I really hate the trend of business being conducted via social media. This information should've been provided to customers via email at the very least. I don't do any social media, and don't want to get mired in the cesspool of these platforms out of fear of missing a release.
    I agree. No fragrance is worth it and definitely no Slumberhouse.
    IMO
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  14. #2294

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Ahhh. All the cool kids are on Instagram, and I'm not a cool kid.

    Back to checking his website like a rube. Or a cool kid in 1998.
    I started an Instagram account solely for the purpose of getting info on various fragrance new releases

  15. #2295

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I really hate the trend of business being conducted via social media. This information should've been provided to customers via email at the very least. I don't do any social media, and don't want to get mired in the cesspool of these platforms out of fear of missing a release.
    Insert Principal Skinner meme: "Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong!"



    Edit: @strifeknot I assume you saw the Areej le Dore release coming up? I think he sent out regular emails last night.

  16. #2296
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Insert Principal Skinner meme: "Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong!"

    .
    No children are not wrong. Just pure idiots. I don't think they are aware enough to know right vs wrong.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  17. #2297

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    No children are not wrong. Just pure idiots. I don't think they are aware enough to know right vs wrong.
    Hah! In all fairness though, if this were 1999 some people would argue that they should have been called, since no one really uses this "email" thing. It really is one big cycle.

  18. #2298

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    The sad thing is I'm purebred Millennial. And yet...




    Josh, if you're reading this, first and foremost, get off my lawn, and then please send me a postcard and I'll buy some Norne via cashier's check.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  19. #2299
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,083

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I really hate the trend of business being conducted via social media. This information should've been provided to customers via email at the very least. I don't do any social media, and don't want to get mired in the cesspool of these platforms out of fear of missing a release.
    Preach.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Ahhh. All the cool kids are on Instagram, and I'm not a cool kid.
    Back to checking his website like a rube. Or a cool kid in 1998.
    I wouldn't sweat it, LJ. It won't be too long before the cool kids are the only ones NOT shoveling their personal data into the maw of sites like Instagram et al.

  20. #2300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Hopefully now that Sadanne is going put soon, things will start to be available to order again.

    PS, If anyone is selling their bottle of Zahd, I'm interested.
    Currently wearing: Limited 71 by AJ Arabia

  21. #2301

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I really hate the trend of business being conducted via social media. This information should've been provided to customers via email at the very least. I don't do any social media, and don't want to get mired in the cesspool of these platforms out of fear of missing a release.
    I find it unprofessional and aggravating for sure, but, hey, Josh has been doing this extremely limited release schedule stuff for a while now... probably best to stop reinforcing this behavior through buying anyway.

  22. #2302

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I got an invoice too! Wheeeeee! I don't instagram, which is ridiculous because I'm a bloody photographer, but I heard about it on social media so presumably the social media advertising tactic works well. I suppose when you are doing really small run boutique offerings then conventional marketing still has the potential to annoy customers because inevitably, some will miss out.

    A question, I haven't tried Sadanne but have read a lot of reviews. If I own Ore and Baque and have tried and like Kiste and Norne (and will probably end up buying them some day), am I likely to like it? Left of centre gourmands are my thing and everything I've read about it makes me think that I will either love it with an unholy passion or want to pitch it into the sun.

    (ETA - just noticed - this is actually my first post here. Have been lurking for some time but I thought I'd actually poked my head up and said hello before now. How remiss of me. So... hello! )

  23. #2303
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Hah! In all fairness though, if this were 1999 some people would argue that they should have been called, since no one really uses this "email" thing. It really is one big cycle.
    Sure. And what I (and I think strifeknot too) are saying is that no fragrance is worth this social media drama.
    I also doubt that email was as big an opiate as Facebook, IG, whatever-you-guys-are-into are
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  24. #2304
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suz-eq View Post
    I got an invoice too! Wheeeeee! I don't instagram, which is ridiculous because I'm a bloody photographer, but I heard about it on social media so presumably the social media advertising tactic works well. I suppose when you are doing really small run boutique offerings then conventional marketing still has the potential to annoy customers because inevitably, some will miss out.

    A question, I haven't tried Sadanne but have read a lot of reviews. If I own Ore and Baque and have tried and like Kiste and Norne (and will probably end up buying them some day), am I likely to like it? Left of centre gourmands are my thing and everything I've read about it makes me think that I will either love it with an unholy passion or want to pitch it into the sun.

    (ETA - just noticed - this is actually my first post here. Have been lurking for some time but I thought I'd actually poked my head up and said hello before now. How remiss of me. So... hello! )
    Hello!! Glad you are posting.

  25. #2305

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Just a FYI, I just emailed him & received an invoice...

  26. #2306
    Dependent
    Zephyr1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suz-eq View Post
    I got an invoice too! Wheeeeee! I don't instagram, which is ridiculous because I'm a bloody photographer, but I heard about it on social media so presumably the social media advertising tactic works well. I suppose when you are doing really small run boutique offerings then conventional marketing still has the potential to annoy customers because inevitably, some will miss out.

    A question, I haven't tried Sadanne but have read a lot of reviews. If I own Ore and Baque and have tried and like Kiste and Norne (and will probably end up buying them some day), am I likely to like it? Left of centre gourmands are my thing and everything I've read about it makes me think that I will either love it with an unholy passion or want to pitch it into the sun.

    (ETA - just noticed - this is actually my first post here. Have been lurking for some time but I thought I'd actually poked my head up and said hello before now. How remiss of me. So... hello! )
    Sadanne and I have had a contentious relationship as long as I've known "her". One day I am in love, the next day I want to pitch her from my rooftop

    I think the closest you have smelled from his line to Sadanne is Kiste - but that is just because of the "feel" of something sorta sweet, but not exactly.

  27. #2307
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,282

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Sadanne isn't one that I enjoyed wearing so I gave my little spray sample to my wife and it smelled absolutely lovely on her. She loved it too and she's not one to stray too far from designer fragrances although she does have a few "indie" perfumes.

  28. #2308
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Saturn or New England
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I received and paid for my Sadanne last night! Love Slumberhouse but never tried this.

    It is coming with a “sample “!

    So mysterious!!!

    I’m so excited.

    Will check back

  29. #2309
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,594

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    Sadanne and I have had a contentious relationship as long as I've known "her". One day I am in love, the next day I want to pitch her from my rooftop ...
    Same for me. I struggled to like it.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

  30. #2310

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    Just a FYI, I just emailed him & received an invoice...
    Which email did you send it to? I sent one to the orders@slumberhouse.com one. Thanks.




Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse Ore
    By OctaVariuM in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th April 2013, 02:01 AM
  2. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  3. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM
  4. Slumberhouse
    By UngerWoo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000