Code of Conduct
Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2833

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

The only thing I've heard was "sometime this year."

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Any word on the shop opening again? This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Hey all,

Because of the missing Huddler info, and because there will be some more announcements coming up soon, I wanted to set up a new Slumberhouse thread that we can fold into the original once the data is retrieved.

The reason I wanted to do this now is to let you know that there'll be some other releases available very soon that are worth discussing. Sana and Mare will be made available, but most exciting is a total revamp of Vikt.

Those of you who remember Vikt from before might remember it as a complex, almost vegetal metallic oud-type scent with some serious fennel overtones. It's been completely redone here, and frankly, as a scent that I never really liked much in its previous incarnation, this version of it is jawdropping. I'll try and write more later, but the best way I can describe it right now is that it's very much like the scent of chewing raw licorice sticks—somewhat medicinal, sticky, and invigorating. But to be even more reductive, this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    Thanks for these great infos

Basenotes Plus

very difficult to order when the website isn't being updated. But I guess it's not hurting Josh

Need Norne. Thank you.

Sadanne arrived today. I love it. It's just the right amount of animalic funk balanced with swooning sweetness. And Josh was beyond generous with his samples. The new bottles are gorgeous, and complement the previous bottles beautifully, and I spent an inordinate amount of time photographing it. Perfume_Slumberhouse Sadanne_0001.jpgPerfume_Slumberhouse Sadanne_0006.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by suz-eq View Post
    Sadanne arrived today. I love it. It's just the right amount of animalic funk balanced with swooning sweetness. And Josh was beyond generous with his samples. The new bottles are gorgeous, and complement the previous bottles beautifully, and I spent an inordinate amount of time photographing it. Perfume_Slumberhouse Sadanne_0001.jpgPerfume_Slumberhouse Sadanne_0006.jpg
    Nice pics! When my bottle of Sådanne first showed up I sniffed the bottle and worried I wasn't going to enjoy it- it smelled just like a pint of Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde ale. Once it hit the skin it changed entirely and I've been a big fan ever since. An outstandingly odd and wonderful perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by suz-eq View Post
    Beautiful pics!
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Regent Leather by Thameen

Basenotes Member

Nice pics!

The new bottles look small compare to the flask bottle, it's still a 30ml?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    Nice pics!

Yup. 30ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Nice pics! When my bottle of Sådanne first showed up I sniffed the bottle and worried I wasn't going to enjoy it- it smelled just like a pint of Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde ale. Once it hit the skin it changed entirely and I've been a big fan ever since. An outstandingly odd and wonderful perfume.
    Thank you! I don't know what Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde Ale is (I'm in Australia), but just the name sounds evocative of Sadanne. I thought it was quite linear at first, because for the first few hours it didn't change. At all. Then the funk and the wine disappeared and it was pure strawberry that just got bigger and sweeter, and just at the point where I was starting to think 'OK, I'm about to go into diabetic coma' it transformed again, and the wine and the rose came through with a return of the funk. It's really quite quixotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Beautiful pics!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hainss View Post
    Nice pics!

Thank you! Yep, 30ml. The bottle is a bit deeper than the other bottles. It does look like it should have less volume than what it does though.

Am wearing Pear & Olive today and oh my goodness. I've never liked anything with chamomile in it before, it's a note that I despise, but it's superb in this. It manages to be both rich and light (perfect for one who lives in the tropics but loves 'winter' fragrances, which are all too heavy and obtrusive in hot, humid weather). Does anyone know if it's ever coming back again, or should I hoard this sample like it's the Holy Grail?

Brosse longevity is ridic. Applied this morning, and I can still smell it on my arm 12 1/2 hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Regent Leather by Thameen

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

Yeah it's crazy. I've worn it 15-18 times since getting my bottle and it still looks unused, half a spray is plenty to last me all day. Smells incredible too.

hey guys, long time reader stalker, first time poster...

so, cleaning up, i found some old-skool slumberhouse decants from STC and PC from aaages ago. 2014 or 15, maybe even 2013. anyway, some of these have reduced/evaporated down to the point where they are ONLY essential oil molasses gloop that can't be sprayed anymore. how would i go about diluting them? and to what sorta ratio? i messaged josh through his instagram but no response.
    i've got sova, rume, mare and vikt, btw...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    hey guys, long time reader stalker, first time poster...

so, cleaning up, i found some old-skool slumberhouse decants from STC and PC from aaages ago. 2014 or 15, maybe even 2013. anyway, some of these have reduced/evaporated down to the point where they are ONLY essential oil molasses gloop that can't be sprayed anymore. how would i go about diluting them? and to what sorta ratio? i messaged josh through his instagram but no response.
    i've got sova, rume, mare and vikt, btw...

thanks!
    I would suggest treating them like an attar, use a clean plastic toothpick to dab some from the bottom of a vial and apply to pulse points.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SmellYouLater View Post
    I would suggest treating them like an attar, use a clean plastic toothpick to dab some from the bottom of a vial and apply to pulse points.
    I agree
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Any updates on anything?

Anyone know where to purchase those 15 ml mini bottles Josh used for the botched brosse?
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

Quote Originally Posted by qari2k10 View Post
    Anyone know where to purchase those 15 ml mini bottles Josh used for the botched brosse?
    They were never offered for sale directly from Slumberhouse, they were only included as freebies with orders. You can find them on eBay sometimes (also decants from one of the few 100ml bottles Josh sold to clear out the last of his stock).

Oh sorry I meant if it's possible to find those bottles empty for decanting purposes
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

Quote Originally Posted by qari2k10 View Post
    Oh sorry I meant if it's possible to find those bottles empty for decanting purposes
    Ah yes, my mistake, I read your original message too fast

Serious question: why does Slumberhouse attract so many frag newcomers?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis2500 View Post
    Serious question: why does Slumberhouse attract so many frag newcomers?
    I think your question is based on a faulty premise. I don't think SH attracts newcomers at all. What have you seen that would indicate that?

My experience would be that Creed/MFK and similar ilk pulls in new comers waaay before SH or Mad Hats or similar

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    I think your question is based on a faulty premise. I don't think SH attracts newcomers at all. What have you seen that would indicate that?

My experience would be that Creed/MFK and similar ilk pulls in new comers waaay before SH or Mad Hats or similar
    A quick skim through past pages - look at the age of the accounts. I suppose that being new to Basenotes doesn't mean that they are new to fragrances, but it still begs the question.

I discovered Slumberhouse through youtube searching "niche perfume" ...maybe people who are looking to learn about niche and researching it are fragrance newcomers like myself and all discovering it through google?

A quick skim through past pages - look at the age of the accounts. I suppose that being new to Basenotes doesn't mean that they are new to fragrances, but it still begs the question.

No, no it does not.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...g-the-Question

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Lol. Thank you for educating me sir. If we want to get all AP Lang and Comp about this, cool.. All I'm saying is that I have been seeing an inordinate number of newer accounts in this particular thread, and I was curious as to why.

Lol. Thank you for educating me sir. If we want to get all AP Lang and Comp about this, cool.. All I'm saying is that I have been seeing an inordinate number of newer accounts in this particular thread, and I was curious as to why.
    Honestly, I don't think they're newcomers to the world of niche/high-end fragrance at all and I think that you hit the nail on the end when suggesting that they might just be new to Basenotes.

Look at it this way, if you will. Slumberhouse has no marketing, narrow appeal and quite literally has zero bottles for sale through its website or Josh's few authorized dealers in the United States. If one were to be interested in broadening their fragrance horizon past what's sold at Macy's/Sephora, there is absolutely no reason that their journey would ever come close to starting with Slumberhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by iverthps View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they're newcomers to the world of niche/high-end fragrance at all and I think that you hit the nail on the end when suggesting that they might just be new to Basenotes.

Look at it this way, if you will. Slumberhouse has no marketing, narrow appeal and quite literally has zero bottles for sale through its website or Josh's few authorized dealers in the United States. If one were to be interested in broadening their fragrance horizon past what's sold at Macy's/Sephora, there is absolutely no reason that their journey would ever come close to starting with Slumberhouse.
    I think you're right. Perhaps Slumberhouse has a larger following of non-Basenoters than I had anticipated. I guess I was figuring that, relative to other niche brands, Slumberhouse is more unknown and that a person interested in them would likely also be interested in the frag hobby itself - to me, that meant participating in forums. I realize now that that reasoning really doesn't work.

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

All I'm saying is that I have been seeing an inordinate number of newer accounts in this particular thread, and I was curious as to why.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been collecting fragrances(including Slumberhouse) for years previous to having an account here, I used to lurk this and other threads. Probably a similar case with others.

I believe it's Fragrance-based Facebook groups, Reddit, YouTube etc. The volume of traffic eclipses fragrance forums.

I think you're right. Perhaps Slumberhouse has a larger following of non-Basenoters than I had anticipated. I guess I was figuring that, relative to other niche brands, Slumberhouse is more unknown and that a person interested in them would likely also be interested in the frag hobby itself - to me, that meant participating in forums. I realize now that that reasoning really doesn't work.

Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast