Code of Conduct
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2576

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Hello everyone, did anyone see Zahd was on ebay for under 12 hours and then it was gone!
    Asking price of $695!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    Hello everyone, did anyone see Zahd was on ebay for under 12 hours and then it was gone!
    Asking price of $695!!!
    The seller was taking offers, too. It probably sold for much less than $695. The other Zhad listings I’ve seen on eBay, have sold for between $350 to $400. Someone put a bottle of Zhad on eBay last month for $900. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t sell.

Josh has said that he would rerelease Zhad if the original buyers gave their blessing. I think he should look at the greed surrounding Zhad currently and rerelease it with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    The seller was taking offers, too. It probably sold for much less than $695. The other Zhad listings I’ve seen on eBay, have sold for between $350 to $400. Someone put a bottle of Zhad on eBay last month for $900. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t sell.

Josh has said that he would rerelease Zhad if the original buyers gave their blessing. I think he should look at the greed surrounding Zhad currently and rerelease it with a clear conscience.
    It would appear as if the bottle sold for somewhere between $510 plus shipping and the original asking price of $695; you can gauge a range by sorting completed listings by high-to-low and seeing where it falls.

Josh should just release whatever he has left as an aged/cask-strength limited edition for $200-$300 and call it a day.

how can you guys see completed listings on ebay?
    all the previous listings for Zahd don't actually list the actual selling price.
    all i see is $750 and $695...

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    how can you guys see completed listings on ebay?
    all the previous listings for Zahd don't actually list the actual selling price.
    all i see is $750 and $695...
    If you go to completed listings and sort from high to low, you’re given a list of what sold starting from the most expensive auction. You can’t see exactly what Buy It Now offer was accepted, but the order is accurate so you can pinpoint a range by looking at the sold item below ($530 for Brosse) and the unsold item above ($725 for Jeke, but we know that the ceiling has to under $695 given the Zahd bottle’s BIN price).

If you’d like to get more specific, you can just search completed listings with “30ml” in the title. By doing so, we know that this bottle sold for less than $600 shipped (the unsold Tiffany fragrance from 3/17) but more than $574 shipped (the unsold Miss Dior from 4/1). If I had to guess, this bottle probably went for $575-$580 shipped.
    Last edited by iverthps; 15th April 2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Additional explanation

Quote Originally Posted by iverthps View Post
    If you go to completed listings and sort from high to low, you’re given a list of what sold starting from the most expensive auction. You can’t see exactly what Buy It Now offer was accepted, but the order is accurate so you can pinpoint a range by looking at the sold item below ($530 for Brosse) and the unsold item above ($725 for Jeke, but we know that the ceiling has to under $695 given the Zahd bottle’s BIN price).

If you’d like to get more specific, you can just search completed listings with “30ml” in the title. By doing so, we know that this bottle sold for less than $600 shipped (the unsold Tiffany fragrance from 3/17) but more than $574 shipped (the unsold Miss Dior from 4/1). If I had to guess, this bottle probably went for $575-$580 shipped.
    thanks so much for that!
    i couldn't see the logic but now i do!
    cheers...

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

I made an offer on that bottle, (it was a super low-ball and obviously was denied) but because of that eBay later sent me an email saying "Slumberhouse - Zahd… sold for $581.00, but there's more!"(lol).

Not about to fork over $581 for some Zahd anytime soon, I have a sample and that's probably all I'll ever have. It's not actually one of my favorites of his though, I don't think I'd be willing to pay more than a direct sale.

My advice for Zahd at this point would be to hang tight.

Good things come to those who wait...

*Speaking of which, I keep checking the website expecting to see Kote for sale any time now.

Me too, and instead of anything new I keep seeing more of the current offerings out of stock :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    *Speaking of which, I keep checking the website expecting to see Kote for sale any time now.

Same here...everyday. Hoping to see Kote up for sale soon...
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

I thought Victorialand was also scheduled for an April release.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    I thought Victorialand was also scheduled for an April release.
    That is what Josh said in his Instagram post...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Me too, and instead of anything new I keep seeing more of the current offerings out of stock :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Same here...everyday. Hoping to see Kote up for sale soon...

I have it on good authority that Kote will be available around Mid to Late May.

So I'm going to relax with the constant checking. (But I'm sure I'll still keep an eye on Instagram....just in case )
    I'm currently selling bottles of the rare cult classic--Keith Urban Phoenix. Send me a private message if you're interested!

I was trolling some dusty threads and saw mention of a few old Slumberhouse oldies that I've never heard of before, Tunis Mills, Windsor, Meil, Tarnet, Autumn Suede, Gris, Kumele Vineto, Kere and Iska. Anyone know anything about them or what they were like?

That also prompts me to ask if anyone can put together a complete list of all of his scents, as neither Fragrantica nor Basenotes has the complete lineup.
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 19th April 2019 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added more slumberhouse oldies

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I was trolling some dusty threads and saw mention of a few old Slumberhouse oldies that I've never heard of before, Tunis Mills, Windsor, Meil, Tarnet, Autumn Suede, Gris, Kumele Vineto, Kere and Iska. Anyone know anything about them or what they were like?

That also prompts me to ask if anyone can put together a complete list of all of his scents, as neither Fragrantica nor Basenotes has the complete lineup.
    Tunis Mills is the original name for sova
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

No idea what it smelled like but Autumn Suede sounds like pure goodness.

Edit: pinged josh on Instagram asking about Autumn Suede, he said: "‘‘twas merely an accord of suederol, homofuronol and smoke notes of birch tar and valspice. Very little was ever sold, and it eventually evolved into a key component of Jeke - minus the suede."
    Last edited by jholder; 27th April 2019 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added details

If anyone didn’t see the Slumberhouse instagram updates:

Victorialand is the first ever EDT and is red and coming very soon after final treatments.

Tårnet is a thick, pitch black scent of “total hopelessness” and a “stroll through the carrion fields of black matter.” This is a new one, not the Norne sister scent. Coming this Fall. Halloween maybe?

Sadanne being restocked soon.

Cool stuff!

Sounds like Vikt. Thanks for the update. I need to get instagram again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Tårnet is a thick, pitch black scent of “total hopelessness” and a “stroll through the carrion fields of black matter.” This is a new one, not the Norne sister scent. Coming this Fall. Halloween maybe?

Basenotes Plus

Tårnet is a thick, pitch black scent of “total hopelessness” and a “stroll through the carrion fields of black matter.”
    Sounds right up my alley. Thanks, God.

Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Tårnet is a thick, pitch black scent of “total hopelessness” and a “stroll through the carrion fields of black matter.”
    Really curious to see the notes on this one. That description is about how I envision Zoologist T-Rex.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Really curious to see the notes on this one. That description is about how I envision Zoologist T-Rex.
    I'm guessing it's more like Hiram Green's Hyde, which is like the bass player in the T. Rex band.

I've never tried Hyde or T-Rex. However, Josh mentions Jeke in his post.

"It’s entirely reimagined from the original (the original was a precursor to Jeke). Both the original and this version maintain an atmosphere of pure bleakness."

Quote Originally Posted by Starcadian View Post
    I'm guessing it's more like Hiram Green's Hyde, which is like the bass player in the T. Rex band.

I doubt Josh gets around to reading these threads, but this post in particular is very timely with the digging I've been doing lately. Great stuff, I'm just generally excited about all of the late-night posts from last night.

EDIT: links to all three posts for those of you who missed them:

Post 1: Slumberhistory and credits, mention of victorialand

Post 2: Works in progress and stalled ideas

Post 3: Tarnet coming in september
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 23rd April 2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added links

Basenotes Plus

I doubt Josh gets around to reading these threads, but this post(https://www.instagram.com/p/BwlThbnh..._web_copy_link) in particular is very timely with the digging I've been doing lately. Great stuff, I'm just generally excited about all of the late-night posts from last night.
    thanks for pointing it out!

24 bottles of Kiste are back in stock as of today.

Basenotes Institution

He mentioned rynegne (Madhat) in his post. Awesome!!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

How does the current rectangular bottle of Kiste compare to the flask bottle of Kiste?
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

I doubt Josh gets around to reading these threads, but this post in particular is very timely with the digging I've been doing lately. Great stuff, I'm just generally excited about all of the late-night posts from last night.

EDIT: links to all three posts for those of you who missed them:

Post 1: Slumberhistory and credits, mention of victorialand

Post 2: Works in progress and stalled ideas

Post 3: Tarnet coming in september
    Thanks for posting this JS. Exciting to get more news. I'm more psyched to try Victorialand now as well as Tarnet, although Tarnet sounds very unusual. Anyway...can't wait for all these new adventures!!! Whooo!

If anyone didn’t see the Slumberhouse instagram updates:

Victorialand is the first ever EDT and is red and coming very soon after final treatments.

The description of Tarnet is most intriguing. It sounds utterly strange, which is why I'm so curious. It makes me think of Serge Lutens Noir, but I'm hoping it doesn't smell like onions as Noir does. On second thought, I'm sure it won't smell like onions because onions don't smell like hopelessness if they're on a good burger. They do smell like hopelessness if it's coming from the person you've been set up with for a blind date however.

Looks like somebody bought jeke and just reposted it on ebay for over $300

What a joke

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast