Code of Conduct
Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2722

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
    How does the current rectangular bottle of Kiste compare to the flask bottle of Kiste?
    I like the new rectangular bottle version better. I have not done a side by side comparison with my sample from the flash bottle version, but if my memory serves correctly the new rectangular bottle version seems less sweet and potpourri-ish.

Really excited for the September announcement based on the trifecta of mossy materials alone. Since he got oakmoss, treemoss and cedar moss absolutes, I'm assuming he buys some oils from Hermitage since they have all three materials up for sale. I feel it would be a good "middle finger to the EU" type of perfume
    Currently wearing: Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

a few weeks ago i bought a baque off josh, and i asked him if it he had any of the hip flask variety left and he said both the new bottle (with the iron/chrome plate) and the hip flask variety are/were drawn from the same cask. i'm not sure if that's the same for all the current perfumes, though.

Looks unlikely that Kote and Baque will go on sale in April. Anyone know what's happening with them?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Looks unlikely that Kote and Baque will go on sale in April. Anyone know what's happening with them?
    Josh may very well be the best perfumer on the planet (he has my vote, for what it's worth).

Josh may very well be the least punctual person on the planet (he has my vote, for what it's worth).

I would assume that you'll see the April releases in late spring/early summer, provided that no snags are encountered.

The following are going to be available at the stockists in the next few weeks:
    Pear + Olive, Sadänne, Grev, New Sibet, Kiste, and BaquE.

No word yet on Kote or Victorialand, however.

We wait...

Tried Guerlain's recent Ambre Eternel tonight. The drydown is almost exactly like Kiste (2018). Wat up wit dat?

Mid-May to late May for Kote last I heard (about 2 weeks ago), I'm not sure about Baque.

However, there's a brand new one slated for (I believe) a fall release date called "TARNET." The theme behind it is bleak, utter hopelessness. The juice is apparently as black as the fragrance's soul. I'm very interested in trying it.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

However, there's a brand new one slated for (I believe) a fall release date called "TARNET." The theme behind it is bleak, utter hopelessness. The juice is apparently as black as the fragrance's soul. I'm very interested in trying it.
    Perfect, sounds like my golf game.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Perfect, sounds like my golf game.

just curiously, is anyone from this thread the person selling zahd on ebay at the moment?
    asking for $1000 is...well...ambitious!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Mid-May to late May for Kote last I heard (about 2 weeks ago), I'm not sure about Baque.

Now I have Trent Reznor in my head singing "Down in it". Earworm...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    Now I have Trent Reznor in my head singing "Down in it". Earworm...enjoy.
    Hahaha...thanks.

Here, this is Tarnet's description according to Josh Lobb (lifted from Slumberhouse IG):

An eerie, bleak and unsettling perfume that relies on tension and unease to create an atmosphere of total hopelessness - pitch black in tone, and visually as well with its thick jet black motor oil consistency. An especially unusual perfume even by Slumberhouse standards. Tårnet will be available this Fall.

And I'm ear-worming you back with....*wait for it*....

Adele "Rolling In the Deep." Have fun with that one!

We could've had it aaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Basenotes Member

“Generals gathered in the masses. Just like witches at black masses.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Sounds right up my alley. Thanks, God.

Currently wearing: Vikt by Slumberhouse

i was just on instagram doing random hashtag searches, and the #slumberhousezahd search yielded some interesting results.
    there's a bit of a buzz around that zahd will be coming back...
    and it wasn't just one or two people, there were a few. people who sounded like they were in the know, somewhat, and were quite confident...

anyone know about this?

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

I'm not "in the loop", but Josh has told several people recently on IG that it wouldn't be coming back, and many times in the past as well. He's said it would be impossible to recreate for the attars used and also has said it wouldn't be fair to those who preoreded if he brought it back, unless they all consented.

edit: Also when I search for that hashtag there are only 8 posts on IG, most of which are from one guy, and none are recent.
    Last edited by junior_surgeon; 17th May 2019 at 04:49 PM.

I really like these new bottles! Kiste is the same as ever, and not my favorite Slumberhouse, but it does look really pretty!

DSC01912.jpg
    Slumberhouse addict!

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I'm not "in the loop", but Josh has told several people recently on IG that it wouldn't be coming back, and many times in the past as well. He's said it would be impossible to recreate for the attars used and also has said it wouldn't be fair to those who preoreded if he brought it back, unless they all consented.

edit: Also when I search for that hashtag there are only 8 posts on IG, most of which are from one guy, and none are recent.
    Why wouldn't they consent? Surely greed would be the only reason? If any of the original buyers even still have their bottle and haven't already sold it at a big profit.

Why wouldn't they consent? Surely greed would be the only reason? If any of the original buyers even still have their bottle and haven't already sold it at a big profit.
    I'm sure most would consent. I was just quoting what Josh said in a comment reply in this post.

As a general trend since the webstore has returned, it seems that new things are announced or put up for sale whenever things are sold out. Purely speculative, but anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    i was just on instagram doing random hashtag searches, and the #slumberhousezahd search yielded some interesting results.
    there's a bit of a buzz around that zahd will be coming back...
    and it wasn't just one or two people, there were a few. people who sounded like they were in the know, somewhat, and were quite confident...

anyone know about this?
    Oh god, you're right!
    I think my overexcited brain misread what I read...

I guess we can hope that more Zahd will be made 'some day'...

Also, did I read a few months ago here that Vikt and Mare are gonna be re-released? Man...I can only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    As a general trend since the webstore has returned, it seems that new things are announced or put up for sale whenever things are sold out. Purely speculative, but anyone else notice this?
    I wish he'd be better at keeping us informed. He said Baque would go on sale in March and Victorialand and Kote would go on sale in April. Here we are, more than half way through May and none of them have appeared yet. No word about why they were delayed or when we can expect to see them. It's all starting to get pretty annoying.

His last Instagram post was about Tarnet coming in the Fall. That means we probably won't see it until February.

Also, why is he having such a hard time keeping more than two scents in stock at the same time? P+O and Grev have been "Sold Out" for months. None of this makes any sense.

He had put up a picture of compositions he was working on and the amount is simply idiotic (not trying to diss him at all but he's got literally 200 years worth of compositions to work on) to experiment with. It's a lot of work to tackle alongside holding a business up. He's experimental which is why his products sell, but the other side of that coin is that they will come when he is finished with them and that deadline has nothing to do with days months or years.
    Of course he should try to put up some of his regular products to fill in for the time, but I don't have an answer for that. I am eagerly waiting on his future works, especially vikt and jeke

i know how you feel...

this is what a lot of super-creative artists are like.
    this musician i follow is EXACTLY the same.
    seriously.
    he's had recorded material WAITING to be released since 2013. I don't know to what extent, but the actual drums/guitars/vocals are all recorded.
    he just hasn't been mixed yet.

i've been following this guy and his many projects for over 20 years and i've just gotten used to his timelines.
    josh probs follows the same kinda schedule.
    annoying, but it fits the bill somewhat...

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    He had put up a picture of compositions he was working on and the amount is simply idiotic (not trying to diss him at all but he's got literally 200 years worth of compositions to work on) to experiment with. It's a lot of work to tackle alongside holding a business up. He's experimental which is why his products sell, but the other side of that coin is that they will come when he is finished with them and that deadline has nothing to do with days months or years.
    Of course he should try to put up some of his regular products to fill in for the time, but I don't have an answer for that. I am eagerly waiting on his future works, especially vikt and jeke
    I understand that there may be delays with his new creations. But if they're delayed, I think he could at least say they're going to be delayed. Keep us informed. It's not hard.

The other stuff like Baque, Grev, Kiste, Sadanne, Pear + Olive, was all supposed to be on sale throughout spring and summer. Some have only been available for a short time and Baque is yet to appear. These scents are done. They aren't new creations. It makes no sense that there isn't a steady supply. As I said in my other post, two of these have been listed as sold out on his site for months. Why? Why is he unable to make more? I don't expect you to have an answer. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this situation is and how bad he is at keeping his customers informed.

I understand that there may be delays with his new creations. But if they're delayed, I think he could at least say they're going to be delayed. Keep us informed. It's not hard.

The other stuff like Baque, Grev, Kiste, Sadanne, Pear + Olive, was all supposed to be on sale throughout spring and summer. Some have only been available for a short time and Baque is yet to appear. These scents are done. They aren't new creations. It makes no sense that there isn't a steady supply. As I said in my other post, two of these have been listed as sold out on his site for months. Why? Why is he unable to make more? I don't expect you to have an answer. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this situation is and how bad he is at keeping his customers informed.
    Yeah the Baque thing kinda confuses me here. I believed that Baque was gonna go live before the end of April, and here we are nearly a month later with no news...

He did mention that he wanted to have a seasonal selection of no more than 6 or 7, maybe he's just holding off bringing the new stock in till the old stuff is gone? The guy who ran my neighbourhood corner shop used to do that with football cards and it annoyed me no end!

Either way, it's building anticipation and hype...

It seems like all but 3 posts on the Slumberhouse Instagram account have been removed.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

hey yeah...!
    nothing perfume/mixing related up there anymore...
    he had some cool little tidbits on there, too.
    such a pity...

Basenotes Institution

I wore Baque a couple of days ago from a sample from a BN buddy. My goal was to discern if I smelled tobacco - as I don't have my sample of Jeke anymore and I'd just smelled the new Le Labo (the Miami exclusive one called Tabac 28) and it really really really reminded me of the Slumberhouse tobacco note so I thought I might revisit a Slumberhouse scent to luxuriate in that syrupy, dense, sweet signature-accord.

I liked it. But it's way too warm here in Miami for something like Baque even in an air conditioned room. Felt a bit clingy and gross in it. The overall aura was one I expected from a Slumberhouse scent. But there wasn't the 'hook' that I have with Sova or Norne. I enjoyed the apricot facet however I wish the ambergris note were a bit more...animalic.

I will need to re-wear this one in cooler weather. Maybe when its rainy here.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore Baque a couple of days ago from a sample from a BN buddy. My goal was to discern if I smelled tobacco - as I don't have my sample of Jeke anymore and I'd just smelled the new Le Labo (the Miami exclusive one called Tabac 28) and it really really really reminded me of the Slumberhouse tobacco note so I thought I might revisit a Slumberhouse scent to luxuriate in that syrupy, dense, sweet signature-accord.

I liked it. But it's way too warm here in Miami for something like Baque even in an air conditioned room. Felt a bit clingy and gross in it. The overall aura was one I expected from a Slumberhouse scent. But there wasn't the 'hook' that I have with Sova or Norne. I enjoyed the apricot facet however I wish the ambergris note were a bit more...animalic.

I will need to re-wear this one in cooler weather. Maybe when its rainy here.
    Baque is very good too, and reminds me quite a bit of Sova, minus the roundedness with hay, licorice, and umpteen other notes. Sova is the quintessential fall fragrance, to my way of thinking.

I can wear Baque every season except summer, but it's a balmy 6 celcius here this morning, or around 40 in American degrees.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast