Code of Conduct
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2915

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    At this point, you really have to wonder if we will see them...We've heard about quite a few fragrances that never came to fruition because Josh was just never really happy with them.
    Yeah... but if they do happen to turn up within the next month or so, then I don't want to have spent all my money Sådanne.
    Slumberhouse addict!

Fingers crossed on Norne's "sister" being released within a few months, seeing the moss materials on Instagram made my mouth water

Looks like Pear + Olive is available again on the Slumberhouse store for all of those who were waiting
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorel View Post
    Looks like Pear + Olive is available again on the Slumberhouse store for all of those who were waiting
    thanks for that!
    18 bottles remaining...
    have 14 sold already???

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    thanks for that!
    18 bottles remaining...
    have 14 sold already???
    Only 20 when I first looked so might have started there

Only 20 when I first looked so might have started there
    down to 7, now...
    seriously, blink and you miss it!

down to 7, now...
    seriously, blink and you miss it!
    aaaaand P+O is sold out again.
    so fast.

aaaaand P+O is sold out again.
    so fast.
    is that what happened with sixes and sevens?
    i was overseas when it was released...

Josh announced via Instagram when Sixes and Sevens was going to be available (a specific time on a specific day), but it ended up on the web store a few hours early. So... it presented its own problems. I checked early, worried that might happen, but when I looked again at the promised release time, there were still bottles available. It took a few hours to sell out completely.

At least one was psychologically prepared for the frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    At this point, you really have to wonder if we will see them...We've heard about quite a few fragrances that never came to fruition because Josh was just never really happy with them.
    Unfortunately, Victorialand will not be released. I’m 100% certain of this. But as far as I can tell, Kote is still slated to be released (and I think it may be soon, as it was originally intended for a spring debut...I’m checking on a daily basis as I feel like it could show up on the site any time now).

Despite this, there should still be several more”new” releases in the upcoming months.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain

If you want to see what happened, the sale of S&S is discussed in this thread before its release and while it's on sale on the site. The discussion, from when we learned about the time and date it was going on sale, can be found here;
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...cussion/page59

By the end of page 60, all the 30ml bottles are gone (3 hours after it went on sale).
    Last edited by UncleBuck; 24th June 2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Currently wearing: Solo Loewe Sport by Loewe

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Unfortunately, Victorialand will not be released. I’m 100% certain of this.
    Did Josh tell you he wasn't going to release it?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Did Josh tell you he wasn't going to release it?
    Yes.

Yes.
    That's really neat that you have a connection with Josh. Did he tell you why he removed almost all of his Instagram posts?
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Yes.
    That's a real shame. He's been working on it for a while and presumably put a lot of work into it. Hopefully he returns to it one day and decides to release it.

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

Unfortunately, Victorialand will not be released. I’m 100% certain of this. But as far as I can tell, Kote is still slated to be released (and I think it may be soon, as it was originally intended for a spring debut...I’m checking on a daily basis as I feel like it could show up on the site any time now).

Despite this, there should still be several more”new” releases in the upcoming months.
    Josh decided to not release it because he couldn't fit "Victorialand" on the bottle placard. /s
    Currently wearing: Sugi by Comme des Garçons

thanks for the update...

i hope it's one of those 'return to later' kinda projects. he's put a lot of time and energy (and has been talking about it for over a year), i just hope he doesn't completely abandon it...

when you say 'new', do you mean " 'new' ", or 'new'???
    "'new'" as in things no one has ever seen/smelt/heard of before or...
    'new' as in old favourites coming back...?

If you want to see what happened, the sale of S&S is discussed in this thread before it's release and while it's on sale on the site. The discussion, from when we learned about the time and date it was going on sale, can be found here;
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...cussion/page59

By the end of page 60, all the 30ml bottles are gone (3 hours after it went on sale).
    i just spent 20 minutes going through all of that...
    i was completely away from computers and the internet during that time so i missed out (i ended up buying one of josh a few months ago, anyway...), but i can see how people would be upset with missing out on that...

i think the most frustrating thing about this all is how it is then flogged on ebay at inflated prices basically a week after it went on sale.
    that part i really don't like...
    unless it's josh doing all that selling on ebay, that REALLY isn't cool...
    why should some random who is in the right place at the right time (who doesn't have any plans on even using it) make money due to the supply/demand reason?

i think the most frustrating thing about this all is how it is then flogged on ebay at inflated prices basically a week after it went on sale.
    that part i really don't like...
    unless it's josh doing all that selling on ebay, that REALLY isn't cool...
    There's no way it's Josh selling them on ebay. It's just opportunists with no conscience. TBH, I think the people who pay the inflated prices are as much to blame as the sellers. If people refused to pay more than the retail price, there'd be no reason for resellers to buy bottles and sell them.
    Last edited by UncleBuck; 3rd June 2019 at 11:43 AM.

There's no way it's Josh selling them on ebay. It's just opportunists with no conscience. TBH, I think the people who pay the inflated prices are as much to blame as the sellers. If people refused to pay more than the retail price, there'd be no reason for resellers to buy bottles and sell them.
    It could also be some of the decanting websites buying them up.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vlad Dracul by Sixteen92

oh i know i was just being emphatic with my statement. basically, what i meant was that the only person (in my view, at least) who should be allowed to sell his perfumes so close after the sale (when it's obvious that it's not someone who tried it out and didn't like it), is josh. it's actually undercutting josh and robbing him of profits. what exactly does a speculator add in value to the product other than increasing scarcity? it's quite crap, if you ask me...

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

oh i know i was just being emphatic with my statement. basically, what i meant was that the only person (in my view, at least) who should be allowed to sell his perfumes so close after the sale (when it's obvious that it's not someone who tried it out and didn't like it), is josh. it's actually undercutting josh and robbing him of profits. what exactly does a speculator add in value to the product other than increasing scarcity? it's quite crap, if you ask me...
    It's trashy how people will try to turn a profit on new releases, but they're also entitled to sell what they want. If there wasn't a market for them, Slumberhouse bottles wouldn't sell, and as it was mentioned the blame is also partially on the buyer. Plus I don't really think Josh is out here trying to maximize his profits much, otherwise he could focus on consistently offering products to undercut resellers. He certainly has no problem moving products when he chooses to sell them.

I think most people would agree with your ideas at least in part, but you're also spamming this thread a little bit. (Sorry, not trying to be rude)
    Currently wearing: Sugi by Comme des Garçons

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    It's trashy how people will try to turn a profit on new releases, but they're also entitled to sell what they want. If there wasn't a market for them, Slumberhouse bottles wouldn't sell, and as it was mentioned the blame is also partially on the buyer. Plus I don't really think Josh is out here trying to maximize his profits much, otherwise he could focus on consistently offering products to undercut resellers. He certainly has no problem moving products when he chooses to sell them.

I think most people would agree with your ideas at least in part, but you're also spamming this thread a little bit. (Sorry, not trying to be rude)
    gotcha loud and clear, dude.
    i'm actively trying to avoid work and i'm getting a little carried away.
    i'll slow my roll from now on.

and no offense taken.

i'm actively trying to avoid work
    I can relate to that. Just be happy that Basenotes is not blocked by your company's filter.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Buysblind,

Do you have communication with Josh you can share about the fact that (or about why) he isn't releasing Victorialand? Given that he teased the release only a month ago with a photo of the finished, macerating product, it would be surprising if he didn't release it. Surprising and supremely disappointing: I've checked the web store over 300 times since he posted that photo. Think of all I could have accomplished with those 300 5-second checks.

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWaste View Post
    Buysblind,

Do you have communication with Josh you can share about the fact that (or about why) he isn't releasing Victorialand? Given that he teased the release only a month ago with a photo of the finished, macerating product, it would be surprising if he didn't release it. Surprising and supremely disappointing: I've checked the web store over 300 times since he posted that photo. Think of all I could have accomplished with those 300 5-second checks.
    I just know that it was not something he intended or wanted to happen. There was a laboratory mishap of sorts and 95% of the perfume compound for Victorialand was destroyed when he “cooked the perfume in fire.”

It’s all good though. He’s got plenty of things in store from what I understand.

Buysblind,

That 25 minutes sounds pretty rough.
    Currently wearing: Le Seducteur by Micallef

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    That 25 minutes sounds pretty rough.
    I was kind of hoping that was a joke.

I mean it had to be...right?

Oh, it's no joke. 300 times at least. Only to lose that time, that effort, that yearning - to a GD lab fire. This is exactly like my childhood all over again.

Any idea whether he's going to publicly announce that Victorialand is off the docket? Or is interminable, frustrating silence the advertising campaign for this scent? Wait, before you answer that, hang on a second--

*seppuku

All right, cool, now I'm distracted from my disappointment. So, yeah, if Victorialand is sludge now, do we get an IG-post funeral? Open-casket shots of the charred remains? Somehow, I need to grieve.

Any idea whether he's going to publicly announce that Victorialand is off the docket? Or is interminable, frustrating silence the advertising campaign for this scent? Wait, before you answer that, hang on a second—
    I believe that the deletion of nearly Josh’s entire Instagram is as close to a public announcement of Victorialand’s cancellation as you’ll get.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast