Code of Conduct
Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 2833

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

P+O back again

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Sorry guys. I do not get the fuss.

Out of the fragrances I have tried, I liked Baque.

Pear and Olive- Smells like my Mum's hand soap.
    Sadanne- Smells like the fragrances my 14 year old cousin wears.

Waiting on Kiste which I feel I will like.

Quality is good no doubt, blending and the overall effect, not so much.
    Definitely not for everyone. I think they are meant to be almost sharp and weird, certainly not going for crowd pleasing or balance

My fav are norne and grev.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Sorry guys. I do not get the fuss.

Out of the fragrances I have tried, I liked Baque.

Pear and Olive- Smells like my Mum's hand soap.
    Sadanne- Smells like the fragrances my 14 year old cousin wears.

Waiting on Kiste which I feel I will like.

Quality is good no doubt, blending and the overall effect, not so much.
    I have a somewhat similar experience. I enjoy Kiste and Baque quite a bit, and find Grev has some interesting elements, but Jeke, Norne, Pear + Olive, Sadanne, Sixes & Sevens, etc have been rather disappointing so far. It's not that I find them too sharp or weird. Instead, I find them too muddled in blending and their overal effect not distinct or weird enough, considering SH's overall reputation. That being said, I do love New Sibet which I find shows a skillful blending of iris and animalic leather notes and one that I'd definitely recommend giving a try.
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by succio View Post
    Definitely not for everyone. I think they are meant to be almost sharp and weird, certainly not going for crowd pleasing or balance

My fav are norne and grev.
    I don't necessarily like crowd pleasing, but I feel some of these compositions are mediocre...they don't wow me.
    Each to their own though, I do appreciate the power and quality of the fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I have a somewhat similar experience. I enjoy Kiste and Baque quite a bit, and find Grev has some interesting elements, but Jeke, Norne, Pear + Olive, Sadanne, Sixes & Sevens, etc have been rather disappointing so far. It's not that I find them too sharp or weird. Instead, I find them too muddled in blending and their overal effect not distinct or weird enough, considering SH's overall reputation. That being said, I do love New Sibet which I find shows a skillful blending of iris and animalic leather notes and one that I'd definitely recommend giving a try.
    Pretty much on the same page.
    I enjoyed Kiste, though I feel Baque is better.
    Grev is okay.

Will give New Sibet a shot, as I do like Iris and animalic notes.

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

I'm excited about my latest Slumberhouse acquisition, a full marble bottle of Sova! Even more exciting is that while it was expensive, it wasn't nearly as expensive as bottles have been going for on eBay.

Dzr0z6p.jpg

Beautiful, beautiful stuff, one of my favorites of the whole line. Can anyone date the bottle? The liquid is a thick green color, I'm thinking 2013? My only confusion is that pictures of Sova from the old Slumberhouse website make it appear to be dark brown, though that may be a trick of the light or photography.

Also:

I have a sample of the main accord of Victorialand(it doesn't have the supporting notes, according to Josh) that I got before it was known that the release of Victorialand would be indefinitely delayed. The liquid is orange in color, and my impression is a boozy tonka and bitter almond blend with a light dash of the Slumberhouse resin accord, though I've gotten no confirmation from Josh. Very interesting stuff, I do enjoy it but would be even more interested to sniff the finished product. The main accord is very different than anything we've seen from Slumberhouse as of yet, and will likely launch late in the year, for what that's worth.

IjrPhsD.jpg

mnbJEvX.jpg

^ Awesome find junior_surgeon! My oldest bottle of Sova, from autumn 2013, is a similar color. Far right in this pic:

P1270518.jpg
    Slumberhouse addict!

Basenotes Member junior_surgeon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaDomna View Post
    ^ Awesome find junior_surgeon! My oldest bottle of Sova, from autumn 2013, is a similar color. Far right in this pic:

P1270518.jpg
    Beautiful picture, thanks for your help LaDomna. Can you compare give a comparison of the different iterations of Sova you have? Other than this bottle my only experience is a golden-colored sample of one of the more recent batches. The newer one is more spicy honey and beeswax to my nose, while the older is heavier on hops and earthy hay, and has more of an animalic undertone to me. Still recognizable as Sova though.

On an unrelated note, I think it's interesting that there was a time that Jeke, Sova, and Norne all had a very similar swamp-green color. If I could find a bottle of Jeke that shared the same color as my old sample it'd really rock my world.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I'm excited about my latest Slumberhouse acquisition, a full marble bottle of Sova! Even more exciting is that while it was expensive, it wasn't nearly as expensive as bottles have been going for on eBay....

Beautiful, beautiful stuff, one of my favorites of the whole line. Can anyone date the bottle? The liquid is a thick green color, I'm thinking 2013? My only confusion is that pictures of Sova from the old Slumberhouse website make it appear to be dark brown, though that may be a trick of the light or photography.
    My bottle of Sova is marble-filled just like yours and slightly browner. I got it in February 2014 direct from Josh.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

P1270518.jpg
    I think you should sell that bottle of Zahd to me. You know you want to.

Yeah...that is an excellent find on the 2013 marble Sova Junior Surgeon! I've got a nice sample of Sova from that time period, but would love to have a full bottle from 2013 as well...Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    I'm excited about my latest Slumberhouse acquisition, a full marble bottle of Sova! Even more exciting is that while it was expensive, it wasn't nearly as expensive as bottles have been going for on eBay.

Dzr0z6p.jpg
    Man, I am probably as green as that bottle with envy
    Last edited by Fragrant Vagrant; 18th June 2019 at 03:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.
    Currently wearing: Grev by Slumberhouse

For anyone who was following on ebay, it looks like Zahd finally sold...!

I know it was explained a while ago, but can someone please do the price check trick (with completed listing) to see how much it sold for?
    The hack techniques I used show the range between $805 and $1000...

Can anyone else get a more precise range???

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Anyone have any sort of insight into when anything new will be released?
    I feel like this forum moved on very quickly from the fact that Victorialand, the perfume we've been waiting on for - what - two years, caught on fire and burned to death. "When will anything new be released?" I don't know what to tell you: apparently the new stuff catches on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWaste View Post
    I feel like this forum moved on very quickly from the fact that Victorialand, the perfume we've been waiting on for - what - two years, caught on fire and burned to death. "When will anything new be released?" I don't know what to tell you: apparently the new stuff catches on fire.
    It was burned but that doesn't mean he can't make it again. Accidents happen.

I think where all here because we love joshs work but we have to honest here his a hard guy to communicate with. Ive been buying from him since 2012 and asking him questions and expecting straight answers is like polling teeth. To be honest I don't now how his even running a viable business and hasn't run it into the ground. The fact that his a one man band and still in business speaks more about his skills as a perfumer more than any thing else

Love(d) those marble filled bottles...
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Love(d) those marble filled bottles...
    They definitely look cool, but having them in the bottle means there's less fragrance in it. I'd rather have the fragrance volume than a bunch of marbles personally...

I'm still holding onto hope that Kote will come out this year...any more rumblings that anyone's heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    They definitely look cool, but having them in the bottle means there's less fragrance in it. I'd rather have the fragrance volume than a bunch of marbles personally...
    50ml bottle with marbles should have (approx) the same amount as the 30ml flask/rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    50ml bottle with marbles should have (approx) the same amount as the 30ml flask/rectangle.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Not sure what we can expect at this point. All we really know for sure is that Josh is still at the very least working on new projects. I guess it's completely up in the air as to when we'll actually see something new released...and hopefully when anything is put out there's more than a small handful of bottles to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    I'm still holding onto hope that Kote will come out this year...any more rumblings that anyone's heard?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    For anyone who was following on ebay, it looks like Zahd finally sold...!

I know it was explained a while ago, but can someone please do the price check trick (with completed listing) to see how much it sold for?
    The hack techniques I used show the range between $805 and $1000...

Can anyone else get a more precise range???
    Sold for $1,000

P1270518.jpg
    Those bottles are truly amazing. I need to get my hands on one, although guessing thats unlikely to ever happen.

So, who thinks we'll still see Kote before the end of the summer?

Why in the world is it so hard to find Slumberhouse fragrances? The few sites that do carry samples of their products have been out of stock forever. I've been wanting to try a few of their fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by FragManCLE View Post
    Why in the world is it so hard to find Slumberhouse fragrances? The few sites that do carry samples of their products have been out of stock forever. I've been wanting to try a few of their fragrances!
    Two words. Cult. Following.

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    Two words. Cult. Following.
    So people just buy them all up super quick or do they not produce enough to keep up with demand?

What is Josh's instagram handle? Trying to find him and not having luck ...

Quote Originally Posted by allgoodthings View Post
    What is Josh's instagram handle? Trying to find him and not having luck ...
    Slumberhouse

Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast