Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Slumberhouse Discussion

Hey all,

Because of the missing Huddler info, and because there will be some more announcements coming up soon, I wanted to set up a new Slumberhouse thread that we can fold into the original once the data is retrieved.

The reason I wanted to do this now is to let you know that there'll be some other releases available very soon that are worth discussing. Sana and Mare will be made available, but most exciting is a total revamp of Vikt.

Those of you who remember Vikt from before might remember it as a complex, almost vegetal metallic oud-type scent with some serious fennel overtones. It's been completely redone here, and frankly, as a scent that I never really liked much in its previous incarnation, this version of it is jawdropping. I'll try and write more later, but the best way I can describe it right now is that it's very much like the scent of chewing raw licorice sticks—somewhat medicinal, sticky, and invigorating. But to be even more reductive, this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    Last edited by deadidol; 8th November 2013 at 11:38 PM.

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

wow, thanks for the information, sounds very interesting. I'm excited about the upcoming releases, the new and improved Ore is incredible, so I am curious how the new ones are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    wow, thanks for the information, sounds very interesting. I'm excited about the upcoming releases, the new and improved Ore is incredible, so I am curious how the new ones are going to be.
    He's on a roll right now, it seems!
    If anyone would like, I could do wrist to wrist on old vs. new Vikt and go into more detail about what's changed. It seems to me that it's less vegetal now, and it emphasizes the fennel note with a little more clarity.

If it's that diffrerent than the original, why even call it Vikt this time around? Why not release it as a new fragrance with a new name?

Anyway, I'm excited to hear of more upcoming news, and I'm glad to see this thread semi-revived for the time being!

Default Slumberhouse Discussion

It's still Vikt, only with some serious tweaks. The difference is about the equivalent from old to new Ore.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info., D.I. - sounds good!

Thanks for the info. So far I haven't really got on with Slumberhouse too well, but will smell any new (or new/old) ones when I can.
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

I might be in the minority, but I quite like the older version of Vikt which I own - however, I haven't yet sampled the reformulated version...
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Given the direction Josh has taken of late, I'm interested!
    It seems that a wrist-to-wrist would be very informative, DI - please tell us more about what we're in for when you've got time.
    Currently wearing: Ruh by Pekji

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Hey all,

this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    Whoa, that could be awesome. When is it being released?
    Currently wearing: Lust by Gorilla Perfume

It's actually ready, and I think it'll be up on the website sometime this weekend.

Incense laced liquorice... I for one can't wait!
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

I have a sample of the original and didn't care for it at all. Vegetal is probably a better description but I had "rooty and difficult to wear" in my notes. The reformulation sounds far more interesting and potentially enjoyable.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I'm interested! Sana and Mare sound intriguing from the few reviews online. Can the Slumberhouse aficionados here add more? I'm not sure about Vikt for me!
    Meanwhile I'm quite in love with my big bottle of Jeke.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    He's on a roll right now, it seems!
    If anyone would like, I could do wrist to wrist on old vs. new Vikt and go into more detail about what's changed. It seems to me that it's less vegetal now, and it emphasizes the fennel note with a little more clarity.
    Hi deadidol--I don't want you to do any extra work, but I would love to hear more thoughts on the comparison. I believe I am going to order a sample as soon as one is available at any rate though... I have been blown away by Slumberhouse fragrances recently.

Just noticed that there are mini's (4ml) of the current collection available to buy.
    We want a niche forum.

Having some connection problems on this end, but I'll post some comparison notes between the old and new Vikt soon. It should be up on the website by now.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you, D.I.!

I for one am patient but very anxious for Zahd. I know I got a sample from Josh but I'll be damned if I can find it. Every other sample from Josh I can find but the last couple are simply missing from my box of samples. Where did I put that envelope...?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: Parfum Sacré by Caron

Great news about Mare! I really like that one and was disappointed when I realized it wasn't for sale.

Anyway, no Slumberhouse purchases for me until Zahd arrives (whenever that will be). I can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Just noticed that there are mini's (4ml) of the current collection available to buy.
    Where are you seeing minis available?

DI, are the Mare and Sana bottles any different than what he has recently sold of those scents? Or are they also reformulated?

Honestly, I'm not sure about those. I can't imagine Mare would be, but it is possible that Sana was. Let me do some research.

Behold! http://www.slumberhouse.com/shop/

I'm not the best person to talk about Sana, but Mare should be pretty much unchanged. I recently got a bottle of it from a new cask and as far as I can tell (and I'm the one who natters on about differences in Jeke and Sova and P+O, perceived or otherwise), it seems pretty much the same although I no longer have my old sample to compare it with directly.

But on an entirely superficial level, the new one is a deeper shade of green that makes the bottle and marbles look absolutely enchanting.
    Currently wearing: Ruh by Pekji

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Where are you seeing minis available?
    +2......I don't see any 4ml mini bottles for sale.....???

Here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/e-boutique/
    I somehow ended there, right now I'm unable to find how I did it, but it was accessible yesterday through the top menu on some of the pages.
    We want a niche forum.

I would also love the opportunity to buy samples for the new limited editions scents... although I love Slumberhouse scents I just can't afford to buy anything blind these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I would also love the opportunity to buy samples for the new limited editions scents... although I love Slumberhouse scents I just can't afford to buy anything blind these days.
    I gotta say that so far, Slumberhouse has been a no brainer for me. I love everything that I've tried and with this house, blind buys are truly safe. Surely, I like some more than others but so far, not a bad seed in the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/e-boutique/
    I somehow ended there, right now I'm unable to find how I did it, but it was accessible yesterday through the top menu on some of the pages.
    There it is!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    I gotta say that so far, Slumberhouse has been a no brainer for me. I love everything that I've tried and with this house, blind buys are truly safe. Surely, I like some more than others but so far, not a bad seed in the bunch.
    I would say the same thing but licorice is a tricky note for me (I'm talking about the new Vikt), and depending upon the sort of licorice (sweet? bracing?), I don't know if I would spring for it.