Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 937
  1. #1

    Default Slumberhouse Discussion

    Hey all,

    Because of the missing Huddler info, and because there will be some more announcements coming up soon, I wanted to set up a new Slumberhouse thread that we can fold into the original once the data is retrieved.

    The reason I wanted to do this now is to let you know that there'll be some other releases available very soon that are worth discussing. Sana and Mare will be made available, but most exciting is a total revamp of Vikt.

    Those of you who remember Vikt from before might remember it as a complex, almost vegetal metallic oud-type scent with some serious fennel overtones. It's been completely redone here, and frankly, as a scent that I never really liked much in its previous incarnation, this version of it is jawdropping. I'll try and write more later, but the best way I can describe it right now is that it's very much like the scent of chewing raw licorice sticks—somewhat medicinal, sticky, and invigorating. But to be even more reductive, this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    Last edited by deadidol; 8th November 2013 at 11:38 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    wow, thanks for the information, sounds very interesting. I'm excited about the upcoming releases, the new and improved Ore is incredible, so I am curious how the new ones are going to be.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    wow, thanks for the information, sounds very interesting. I'm excited about the upcoming releases, the new and improved Ore is incredible, so I am curious how the new ones are going to be.
    He's on a roll right now, it seems!
    If anyone would like, I could do wrist to wrist on old vs. new Vikt and go into more detail about what's changed. It seems to me that it's less vegetal now, and it emphasizes the fennel note with a little more clarity.

  4. #4
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,108

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    If it's that diffrerent than the original, why even call it Vikt this time around? Why not release it as a new fragrance with a new name?

    Anyway, I'm excited to hear of more upcoming news, and I'm glad to see this thread semi-revived for the time being!

  5. #5

    Default Slumberhouse Discussion

    It's still Vikt, only with some serious tweaks. The difference is about the equivalent from old to new Ore.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Thanks for the info., D.I. - sounds good!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Thanks for the info. So far I haven't really got on with Slumberhouse too well, but will smell any new (or new/old) ones when I can.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I might be in the minority, but I quite like the older version of Vikt which I own - however, I haven't yet sampled the reformulated version...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Given the direction Josh has taken of late, I'm interested!
    It seems that a wrist-to-wrist would be very informative, DI - please tell us more about what we're in for when you've got time.

  10. #10
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Hey all,

    this is essentially a licorice incense, and it's really, incredibly beautiful.
    Whoa, that could be awesome. When is it being released?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    It's actually ready, and I think it'll be up on the website sometime this weekend.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Incense laced liquorice... I for one can't wait!
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

  13. #13
    Dependent chili_willi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,675

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I have a sample of the original and didn't care for it at all. Vegetal is probably a better description but I had "rooty and difficult to wear" in my notes. The reformulation sounds far more interesting and potentially enjoyable.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I'm interested! Sana and Mare sound intriguing from the few reviews online. Can the Slumberhouse aficionados here add more? I'm not sure about Vikt for me!
    Meanwhile I'm quite in love with my big bottle of Jeke.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    He's on a roll right now, it seems!
    If anyone would like, I could do wrist to wrist on old vs. new Vikt and go into more detail about what's changed. It seems to me that it's less vegetal now, and it emphasizes the fennel note with a little more clarity.
    Hi deadidol--I don't want you to do any extra work, but I would love to hear more thoughts on the comparison. I believe I am going to order a sample as soon as one is available at any rate though... I have been blown away by Slumberhouse fragrances recently.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Just noticed that there are mini's (4ml) of the current collection available to buy.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Having some connection problems on this end, but I'll post some comparison notes between the old and new Vikt soon. It should be up on the website by now.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Thank you, D.I.!

  19. #19
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I for one am patient but very anxious for Zahd. I know I got a sample from Josh but I'll be damned if I can find it. Every other sample from Josh I can find but the last couple are simply missing from my box of samples. Where did I put that envelope...?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Great news about Mare! I really like that one and was disappointed when I realized it wasn't for sale.

    Anyway, no Slumberhouse purchases for me until Zahd arrives (whenever that will be). I can't wait!!

  21. #21
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Just noticed that there are mini's (4ml) of the current collection available to buy.
    Where are you seeing minis available?

  22. #22
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,108

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    DI, are the Mare and Sana bottles any different than what he has recently sold of those scents? Or are they also reformulated?

  23. #23

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Honestly, I'm not sure about those. I can't imagine Mare would be, but it is possible that Sana was. Let me do some research.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Behold! http://www.slumberhouse.com/shop/

    I'm not the best person to talk about Sana, but Mare should be pretty much unchanged. I recently got a bottle of it from a new cask and as far as I can tell (and I'm the one who natters on about differences in Jeke and Sova and P+O, perceived or otherwise), it seems pretty much the same although I no longer have my old sample to compare it with directly.

    But on an entirely superficial level, the new one is a deeper shade of green that makes the bottle and marbles look absolutely enchanting.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Where are you seeing minis available?
    +2......I don't see any 4ml mini bottles for sale.....???

  26. #26

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/e-boutique/
    I somehow ended there, right now I'm unable to find how I did it, but it was accessible yesterday through the top menu on some of the pages.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I would also love the opportunity to buy samples for the new limited editions scents... although I love Slumberhouse scents I just can't afford to buy anything blind these days.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I would also love the opportunity to buy samples for the new limited editions scents... although I love Slumberhouse scents I just can't afford to buy anything blind these days.
    I gotta say that so far, Slumberhouse has been a no brainer for me. I love everything that I've tried and with this house, blind buys are truly safe. Surely, I like some more than others but so far, not a bad seed in the bunch.

  29. #29
    Basenotes Junkie james1051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Here: http://www.slumberhouse.com/e-boutique/
    I somehow ended there, right now I'm unable to find how I did it, but it was accessible yesterday through the top menu on some of the pages.
    There it is!
    thanks

  30. #30

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    I gotta say that so far, Slumberhouse has been a no brainer for me. I love everything that I've tried and with this house, blind buys are truly safe. Surely, I like some more than others but so far, not a bad seed in the bunch.
    I would say the same thing but licorice is a tricky note for me (I'm talking about the new Vikt), and depending upon the sort of licorice (sweet? bracing?), I don't know if I would spring for it.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    It's bracing -- more like fennel with a medicinal note. Sorry for the comparison delay -- I'm swamped with work. I'll try and write something up tomorrow about it.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Do any of you "in the know" Slumberhousers have any information about his annual big sale? I think on the old thread, I remember it being said that every November, Josh does a very significant sale, something like 25-30% off. Can anyone elaborate if that is in fact going to happen this month? I just don't want to miss it, hahahahaha. Thanks in advance

  33. #33

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    I gotta say that so far, Slumberhouse has been a no brainer for me. I love everything that I've tried and with this house, blind buys are truly safe. Surely, I like some more than others but so far, not a bad seed in the bunch.
    I feel the same way, particularly love the heavier creations like Sova, Baque Norne jeke and my old Vikt, ore was to me a very smooth creation, I do like ore and all others from this house... I'm waiting for DI to throw his side by side comparison for the old / new Vikt b4 pulling the trigger to buy it...

  34. #34
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    blind buys are truly safe.
    I have to speak out against this. Although I've made my share of blind buys from Slumberhouse and am a huge fan of Josh's work in general, If you are not familiar with the house, I'd advice against blind buys.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I have to speak out against this. Although I've made my share of blind buys from Slumberhouse and am a huge fan of Josh's work in general, If you are not familiar with the house, I'd advice against blind buys.
    Perhaps you are more on target Juanderer. I should have clarified that I first became familiar with the house and decided that I adore it before realizing that it's all going to be good for me. Others that have never sampled Slumberhouse likely should somehow become acquainted in a less bombastic fashion. Certain scents, maybe Ore may be more conducive to a general, blind buy that something like Sova. So, yes, I would agree with you on general terms.

    Otherwise, thanks to Brian_Towers for bringing our attention to the 4ml minis from the main line which may make my added caveat above something of the past!

  36. #36

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Yay!!! It is as if my mind was being read--just checked and there are samples of Vikt and Mare for sale on the Slumberhouse web site

    http://www.slumberhouse.com/shop/

    So yes, I ordered them... I am very excited, can't wait to try them!

  37. #37

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Hey all,

    Sorry for the delay -- been busy on this end. So here are a few notes on the new Vikt in relation to the original:

    I'd mentioned prior that I'd never really liked Vikt much in the past, largely because of the vegetal / mineral facets mixing with the resins to give it a bit of syrupy vibe. I must say though, that applying the old version in order to compare it with the new, it's somewhat apparent that my tastes have evolved a bit as I didn't find the original to be quite as rough this time as I remember it being a couple of years ago. Given this, the difference between the two is still apparent, but not quite as black and white as I'd thought; revisiting the original added perspective.


    In contrast to the original, the new version has more clarity about the notes and the composition seems to have a little more breathing room. Also, the new version appears to have an additional layer over the oud base of the original (that I'm assuming to be mysore) which serves to elevate the more prominent notes of the scent. Fans of the original will recognize many of the same components (which seem to still be oud, styrax, ravensara and that licorice type note that I'm assuming is fennel). In other words, the original is very much present, but there's a new brightness that takes the somewhat muddy swirl of the older version and polishes it up. Because of this, the newer version feels slightly more medicinal: a balmy, resinous, camphorous thing, but there's a surprisingly invigorating component to it as well. I'm guessing that the vegetal notes have been dialed down to make room for the licorice-type note that's arguably the main focus, and the most reductive way I can describe this is that it smells very much like natural, raw licorice sticks. It wears incredibly well as it settles into a more incense type thing quite fast, and for much of the ride, it's linear and very consistent. As with several of his other extrait transformations, this is now a little more civilized as far as tenacity goes, although it jumps off the skin more than, say, Norne extrait.


    If you already own the last iteration of Vikt, I do think you could probably hold off on this one for now, but keeping in mind that the new version is indeed a step up in terms of overall blend and clarity of ingredients. The difference isn't quite as profound as what we saw with the Ore EdP to Ore extrait transformation, but then again, that was an especially impressive overhaul. Style-wise, this is probably most closely aligned to Norne, Mare, and maybe Grev as far as general aesthetic groupings go, but the quality and tastefulness of the blend is on par with the last Ore as well as the forthcoming Zahd.

    So, hopefully this helps a little. And if you have any specific questions about the scent, I'll do my best to field them. Cheers!

  38. #38

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Thx DI for the above...

  39. #39

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Just noticed that there are mini's (4ml) of the current collection available to buy.
    Quick word of caution about the 4ml minis. The containers are a very generous size, but the caps aren't threaded, and some of us have had trouble with the lids being so slippery that they pop right off the vial. Josh is aware of this and is pulling the minis from the site.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    Yay!!! It is as if my mind was being read--just checked and there are samples of Vikt and Mare for sale on the Slumberhouse web site

    http://www.slumberhouse.com/shop/

    So yes, I ordered them... I am very excited, can't wait to try them!
    Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered samples of Vict and Mare as well.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I'd mentioned prior that I'd never really liked Vikt much in the past, largely because of the vegetal / mineral facets mixing with the resins to give it a bit of syrupy vibe. I must say though, that applying the old version in order to compare it with the new, it's somewhat apparent that my tastes have evolved a bit as I didn't find the original to be quite as rough this time as I remember it being a couple of years ago.
    It's funny - I was revisiting the old Vikt in anticipation of the new one, and my experience seems to be similar to yours. I didn't find it as syrupy or cloying as I had remembered. In fact, it did actually have more breathing room than I thought (at least in the first two hours or so, before it subsided into that vegetal goop) and I can imagine the direction he's taken for the new one. It sounds very promising. Thanks for the review, DI!

  42. #42

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Thanks for the heads up - samples ordered!

  43. #43
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I wonder what difference there is, if any, between the Mare currently available and the limited run I got my hands on five months ago.

  44. #44

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I wonder what difference there is, if any, between the Mare currently available and the limited run I got my hands on five months ago.
    None! See here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...=1#post2991219

  45. #45
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Awesome. Thanks.

  46. #46

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Hey all,

    Sorry for the delay -- been busy on this end. So here are a few notes on the new Vikt in relation to the original:

    I'd mentioned prior that I'd never really liked Vikt much in the past, largely because of the vegetal / mineral facets mixing with the resins to give it a bit of syrupy vibe. I must say though, that applying the old version in order to compare it with the new, it's somewhat apparent that my tastes have evolved a bit as I didn't find the original to be quite as rough this time as I remember it being a couple of years ago. Given this, the difference between the two is still apparent, but not quite as black and white as I'd thought; revisiting the original added perspective.


    In contrast to the original, the new version has more clarity about the notes and the composition seems to have a little more breathing room. Also, the new version appears to have an additional layer over the oud base of the original (that I'm assuming to be mysore) which serves to elevate the more prominent notes of the scent. Fans of the original will recognize many of the same components (which seem to still be oud, styrax, ravensara and that licorice type note that I'm assuming is fennel). In other words, the original is very much present, but there's a new brightness that takes the somewhat muddy swirl of the older version and polishes it up. Because of this, the newer version feels slightly more medicinal: a balmy, resinous, camphorous thing, but there's a surprisingly invigorating component to it as well. I'm guessing that the vegetal notes have been dialed down to make room for the licorice-type note that's arguably the main focus, and the most reductive way I can describe this is that it smells very much like natural, raw licorice sticks. It wears incredibly well as it settles into a more incense type thing quite fast, and for much of the ride, it's linear and very consistent. As with several of his other extrait transformations, this is now a little more civilized as far as tenacity goes, although it jumps off the skin more than, say, Norne extrait.


    If you already own the last iteration of Vikt, I do think you could probably hold off on this one for now, but keeping in mind that the new version is indeed a step up in terms of overall blend and clarity of ingredients. The difference isn't quite as profound as what we saw with the Ore EdP to Ore extrait transformation, but then again, that was an especially impressive overhaul. Style-wise, this is probably most closely aligned to Norne, Mare, and maybe Grev as far as general aesthetic groupings go, but the quality and tastefulness of the blend is on par with the last Ore as well as the forthcoming Zahd.

    So, hopefully this helps a little. And if you have any specific questions about the scent, I'll do my best to field them. Cheers!
    Thank you so much deadidol for this amazing side-by-side, your work is very much appreciated!

  47. #47
    Dependent chili_willi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,675

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Do any of you "in the know" Slumberhousers have any information about his annual big sale? I think on the old thread, I remember it being said that every November, Josh does a very significant sale, something like 25-30% off. Can anyone elaborate if that is in fact going to happen this month? I just don't want to miss it, hahahahaha. Thanks in advance
    Anybody?

  48. #48

    Default Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    I'm not familiar with this house but will get acquainted with her soon, just trying to evaluate my fellow baseNoter's pick as thee "Top Dog" in this house, or frag that most exemplify the face of SlumberHouse : reason I'm asking is because I will probably or most likely start with the most picked (I know it could be subjective)just rating their perfume among y'all....as It is apparent I couldn't start a poll apparently system did not give me option ....Thx Yall...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  49. #49

    Default Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    Depends on what kind of notes you're into, really. Keep in mind Turin's description of the line, though: "fine improper perfumes." This stuff's weird. With that said, I'd say Norne's probably the most representative, although it's not my personal favorite. For me, Sova, Baque, Norne, Ore, Zahd, Vikt, Jeke, and Grev are the highlights.

    I'd say Norne, though, because it's quite possibly the best forest floor scent in circulation, but it also represents his aesthetic quite well. Highly expressionistic splatters of notes that vacillate between bitter and beautiful. The scent wears you in every imaginable way, but it's a worthwhile trip.

    Perhaps this would be better suited in the existing Slumberhouse thread where more people will congregate? Plus, these aren't particularly gendered, and many of our female Basenoters are huge proponents of the line. Want me to move it?
    Last edited by deadidol; 14th November 2013 at 04:38 PM.

  50. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    I have only sampled 2- Pear & Olive and Rume

    Norne seems the most talked about

  51. #51

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    Yes moved it, please Monsieur Deadipol..thx
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  52. #52

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    The only one I sampled was Ore (Thanks JH). Great fragrance.

  53. #53

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    Agree with deadidol... What got me going were Norne, Jeke, Vikt, Rume, Grev, Sova... These to me are the face of Slumberhouse.

    Ore and the soon to be released Zahd are both wonderful, but crowd pleasing type of fragrances, so if I were you, I'd go with any mentione in my first line...

  54. #54

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    Norne is amazing. I really wanna try Ore though, it looks fantastic. The entire house looks great.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

  55. #55

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    Jeke then Baque then Sova then Vikt then Rume then Sana then Norne would be my sequencing.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

  56. #56
    Super Member chopwet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    621

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    I've tried a few and Jeke is my favourite although I like Vikt too. Pear and Olive is my least favourite and I feel as if it doesn't fit in well with the rest.

  57. #57
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: Perfume House "SlumberHouse" : Their "TopDog" Fragrance..

    I'd suggest you take a look at the full Slumberhouse thread.

    It's hard to pick a top dog. Norne gets the most recognition in the community in general, but I'd recommend checking out Sova or Ore to get a good idea of what the line is all about (at least lately).
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

    Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

  58. #58
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I have an old "silver Sharpie" bottle of Sana, and will be interested in seeing what's been done with it now. The stuff I have is quite a bit different than his other things : less persistent and probably a bit more conventional and less challenging than his recent output, so it will be interesting to see if the new version resembles the older stuff at all.

  59. #59

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Hey all,

    Per the request of the OP, I've merged the "Slumberhouse Top Dog" thread that was started today into the existing thread. It starts with post #48 by Magnus who's asking for suggestions on where to begin with the brand. Hopefully the merger is somewhat seamless Also, as a reminder, once we get the Huddler data back, I'll merge this thread into the pre-existing and extensive Slumberhouse thread.

    As choosing where to begin is tough, here's a general overview of what you can expect from each one:

    Norne = Coniferous forest floor with incense
    Sova = A boozy, dirty romp in the hay
    Baque = Creamy apricots with smoke and balmy resins
    Zahd = Berries and champa over a sandal wood and attar base
    Grev = Bracing clove scent that reminds of an icy stream
    Ore = Musky cocoa over rich sandalwood base
    Jeke = Leather and tobacco over resins and creamy benzoin
    Vikt = Licorice and incense over saps and resins
    P+O = Dry pear with a creamy, oily component
    Brosse = Dense, salty gourmand that mixes savory and sweet notes
    Sana = Leather and tagetes
    Flou = Slightly floral, grape type notes
    Eki = Fairly sweet white floral
    Kere = A food-y, curried immortelle
    Kote = Clementine over mahogany for a polished wood effect
    Mare = Highly vegetal vetiver

    There are some more, but I think this covers the main releases.
    Last edited by deadidol; 14th November 2013 at 08:42 PM.

  60. #60
    Dependent OctaVariuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Coastal Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Goddamn it, I don't have the money for all of this new stuff being put out. I already got money tied up in Zahd, and I wanna get Norne and Jeke...and now three more are rereleased.

    I'll have to try and get samples. I'm slightly surprised he didn't email me and let me know :/.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

    Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse Ore
    By OctaVariuM in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th April 2013, 02:01 AM
  2. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  3. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM
  4. Slumberhouse
    By UngerWoo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •