Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Scent of the Day Feature

Ceterum censeo - I still think that there should be a list of how many times were frags worn with the list of how many people worn. Lists should also be ALL, not just top 50

A little update, a thought just struck me, for each fragrance in the directory - number of people owning it, have owned it, have worn and number of wears.

Those would be cool features ZGB, I've often thought about those and my vote's with you!

About SOTD though: I noticed that now you're only allowed to post the same fragrance once every six hours - I understand the arguments above why this was instituted (fear that people are posting the same fragrance 20 times to have it in the top ten?) but I find this change very annoying - I sometimes forget to add my SOTD, or go out of town and don't have internet access etc, and then want to catch up, and therefore add the same scent a few times. This makes doing that extremely annoying. I also added scents 20 or so times after the several months when SOTD wasn't available to bring them up to date... I dunno what others think, but I would like it to go back to the old way in this regar
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Those would be cool features ZGB, I've often thought about those and my vote's with you!

About SOTD though: I noticed that now you're only allowed to post the same fragrance once every six hours - I understand the arguments above why this was instituted (fear that people are posting the same fragrance 20 times to have it in the top ten?) but I find this change very annoying - I sometimes forget to add my SOTD, or go out of town and don't have internet access etc, and then want to catch up, and therefore add the same scent a few times. This makes doing that extremely annoying. I also added scents 20 or so times after the several months when SOTD wasn't available to bring them up to date... I dunno what others think, but I would like it to go back to the old way in this regar
    Thanks for your support. I believe this will come due in some time and some time it might take, non the less, if it makes sense it is bound to happen

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    It's annoying, I agree, but something had to be done to stop people from spamming/manipulating the list. And was not a fear that people might do it, some did post very questionable stats, to the annoyance of many members. I think is was sensible to have no time limits when members had to catch up after the de-huddlerisation of the site, but I would guess that most members have their wardrobe stats up to date by now.

My opinion is that the posting interval could be much shorter than 6 hours, but I do think, unfortunately, that we need to keep this feature to avoid spamming.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker