Code of Conduct

Default How do you store or organize your fragrances?

Right now, I separate mine into two groups: Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. I keep most of my fragrances in a box and only bring out the most used ones to keep under my bathroom sink for quick accesses. I really need a dedicated bookshelf or curio cabinet or something. its a pain in the ass trying to find something sometimes.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Default Re: How do you store or organize your fragrances?

I store my fragrances/bottles by house in a walk-in light and temperature controlled basement vault- it's the only practical way for me with the number I own.
    Last edited by hednic; 9th November 2013 at 01:54 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm like you, I seperate spring/summer fall/winter also.(with some I deem all season and keep them in their own area) I have a dedicated dresser in my bedroom. Super dark all the time and always a steady 67*

I store them in their original boxes, if I have them, and in other bags or boxes if I don't. I keep them in the dark and the temperature here tends to be in the 55-70 degree range year round. Organization, though, I can't say I have that... there are boxes stashed everywhere and I completely forget about some bottles for long periods.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I store mine in drawers. At present, I have three drawers. The top is dedicated to samples (I store these upright by notes or groups in a lipstick organizer) However, I have more than fit in my organizer, so some are in boxes or other small containers that I can stand them up in. I store some of these by house also, depends how many I have whether or not they are stored by house or note.

The others don't have organization except that they are grouped by house. I'm going to need something else soon though, if I keep this up. They are all in a dark place, but certainly not temperature constant by any means.

I store them in cheap Container store drawers in my walk in closet, in their boxes. Which makes it a little annoying to access them, but since I like to vary what I wear, this seems pretty much the way to. No organization within the drawer, wherever stuff fits.

I should finally invest in a small refrigerator for the really nice stuff.

cacio

Store the expensive ones in a small college refrigerator, the others are on the coldest side of the room feel the wall in the winter, thats the one! and They are separated, by the House of Cologne they come from. They stay with their family.

When I buy a bottle, I decant 5ml into an atomizer, print a label for it, and store it in storage drawers with dividers. I organize them by house. Then I put the rest of the full bottle back in the box, and store it in a large container in my basement (cooler and darker).

RandomI really.
    They sit on 7 shelves in a cupboard.

If I ever rearrange , it'll be by genre.

for swap/sale:

Cupboard. Randomly. Do I always find what I want to find? Mostly. This technique can train memory and patience.

I keep about 12 out in a wood and glass cabinet that's my rotation for the month. The rest I keep in their original boxes in a dresser drawer. In the drawer their organized in groups of 12 per month. And each month is organized based on what's good for the season as well as to avoid redundancy in a particular month.

In no particular order, also not categorized according to any house, wearing occasion/season/daytime, house, gender, market segment, age etc. whatsoever. Provided appropriate storage place (dark, airy, dry, reasonably shockproof/insulated, cool not refrigerated or chilled, and, most importantly, spacious enough) becomes available, some of my fragrances will certainly end up there sooner or later.

On a shelf, like they sit in warehouses or stores for years at a time.

Mine are stored by the house in my closet (& 2 draws). Almost 95% of my collection is in their original boxes; Slumberhouse's & the very few that I bought decants off are stored in an UPS box in my closet as well. About 15-20 designers are w/o boxes, no damage to them so far.

Once I use a cologne / parfum, i push it to the last in the order, so repetition is minimal, unless I want to...

In my room, on shelves per houses - lowest shelf french houses (JPG, Lancome, YSL etc.), middle shelf other european houses and USA - (V&R, Davidoff, Joop, Karl Lagerfled, CK, Boss, Burberry, Carolina Herrera etc.), Upper shelf Italian and Japanese houses (Cerruti, Gucci, Prada, Armani, Bvlgari, D&G, Kenzo, Issey Miyake)

Right now....Randomly.

I keep designers and niche apart.

I keep mine in a chest of drawers. A few months ago I arranged them in alphabetical order as it was taking too long to find things. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    A few months ago I arranged them in alphabetical order as it was taking too long to find things. Problem solved!
    At one time I thought about doing just that, but in my case it would have taken me forever so I abandoned the thought.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

EdC,EdT,EdP all arranged by house and stored in a refrigerator without their boxes. Decants too. Extraits,CPO's and oils in dedicated dresser drawers. Samples in a large Rubbermaid container in random fashion. The sample situation needs to be corrected. It's impossible to find anything quickly!

Blog Entries

Fragrances in drawers, stored in original boxes, kept in a cool room. I resorted to drilling holes (of various sizes) in pieces of scrap hardwood to store hundreds of samples upright and readable. Then I started to stack those pieces of wood tackle-box style with home-made hinges and everything (so these "racks" open like a staircase). I once tried to alphabetize them all... WAY too much work.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    At one time I thought about doing just that, but in my case it would have taken me forever so I abandoned the thought.
    You should consider adopting something like the Dewey decimal system - and use a card catalog at the door of your vault.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    You should consider adopting something like the Dewey decimal system - and use a card catalog at the door of your vault.
    That would be a great idea infoming me where exactly which section and shelf the scent is located. Even though I currently have them sorted by house, sometimes I have trouble even finding the house! Problem is I'm too lazy to take on that task! (339)
    Last edited by hednic; 11th November 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Having had a very large collection, I've winnowed it down to only about 6 or 7 vintages/classics. I keep them in their original boxes in a shelf in my refrigerator. The stuff I use regularly (not vintage) I have in my medicine cabinet: usually 4711 or Jean-Marie Farina.
    thread reviver

Right now, I am ashamed to tell you.

I can say what I am going to do as soon as we move to a new home:

1-. Get rid of the ones not worth keeping
    2-. Buy a big wine cooler (18 degrees Celsius constant temp and controlled humidity)
    3-. Place it in my wardrobe
    4-. Put the best ones there
    5-. Organize a rotation system